2013 European Championship - Germany and Switzerland

• I didn't know anything about this story :white:
    So Naz won't play WGP??

And what politicals views does her fiance have that justify his exclusion from Basketball team?

Yes Naz won't play.Cenk claims that when he asked the reason of exclusion,NT team manager's answer was '' Government '' but media says it's about coach decision but the most interesting part in previous years even he had some worst seasons in club same coach always called him to NT roster ( Let's say he was one of his favourites) but this year Cenk played a really fantastic season in club and he had to be in roster for sure but they didn't even invite him into wide roster.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Wow, Turkey's team in Özge's hands once again :white: Let's see how long it takes until Barbolini chooses Asuman over her, Micelli needed all season but in playoffs he finally got it :whistle:

I hope the story around Naz won't turn into a scandal and she'll be back to NT soon!

• Smart Sport commentator says she has a small injury that's why she will miss WGP (She has also wedding in a few weeks ) but the case is not just about a small injury i guess,i have a feeling that government is ready to waste a great potential like Naz.

A few weeks ago I was joking about her possible exclusion in Istanbul protest topic, never thought this can really happen. :white:

• I didn't know anything about this story :white:
    So Naz won't play WGP??

And what politicals views does her fiance have that justify his exclusion from Basketball team?

Naz will most probably not play only during matches in Ankara. The reason is injury, nothing about political issues or wedding preparations :read:

• she wouldnt have taken part in the earlier part of the season if she was gonna protest :P hope she will be in her best shape in ECH because she's not just a setter but a complete player :thumbup:

• 22 player rosters of all teams are now available on ECH website (click on the names of the countries): http://www.eurovolley2013.org/…hvai1caq70s53p6mevnls2nfg

I hope it's realible source comparing with men's Euro Volley website, when I saw numerous mistakes in rosters :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I hope it's realible source comparing with men's Euro Volley website, when I saw numerous mistakes in rosters :whistle:

It's the official rosters that national federations registered to CEV.

Some (small) surprises:
    - Sokolova in Russian roster :aww: I hope she won't come!
    - Werblinska with Nr 21, so I guess she won't play
    - Mühlsteinova not in Czech roster, anyone knows if she's injured?

• It's the official rosters that national federations registered to CEV.

Some (small) surprises:
    - Sokolova in Russian roster :aww: I hope she won't come!
    - Werblinska with Nr 21, so I guess she won't play
    - Mühlsteinova not in Czech roster, anyone knows if she's injured?

Probably Parisi resigned from her, she's in training with Chemik Police :what:

• Looking at rosters:
    Turkey - No OH Esra (injury), no L Gulden (resigned from NT). Appeared Buse as 3rd libero, Gamze S and MB Ceylan instead of Melis.
    Germany and Netherlands - the same rosters as in World Grand Prix
    Spain - unknown team for me, all players mentioned by elchicha are there + some extra players; no MB Amaranta Fernandez Navarro
    Belgium - expected roster, without surprises
    Italy - OHs Di Iulio, Tirozzi and OPP Zago from WGP roster are out, OHs Partenio and Bianchini + MB Bonifacio are in
    Switzerland - another unknown team, main players who played with Poland are there + some extra players
    France - no MB Lozancic, L Bousquet, OH/OPP Hudima, OH Crousillat, rest as expected
    Azerbaijan - there is no OH/OPP Jana Matiaskova-Aghayeva, rest as expected
    Belarus - there is no MB Alena Yurieva (Hendzel), rest as expected
    Croatia - no MB Tamara Sušić, OH Matea Ikić from list posted in thread and OH Hana Cutura. I wonder why libero Paola Dosen is here, isn't she retired?
    Russia - MBs Regina Moroz, Valeriya Goncharova and S Elena Novik are out, back are MB Yulia Morozova, OHs Daria Pisarenko and Liubov Sokolova
    Bulgaria - similar roster to this from WGP, no Simona Dimitrova, on list are L Ivelina Monova, S Tsvetelina Nikolova and OPP Gabriela Tsvetanova
    Czech Republic - S Lucie Muhlsteinova, OH Helena Havelkova and MB Nikol Sajdova are out, on list are S Marie Kurkova, OH Sona Mikyskova and OH Michala Kvapilova, also on list is OH Jana Senkova Napolitano
    Serbia - team is the same as in WGP, no Antonijevic, Radenkovic, Djerisilo
    Poland - the same list which was announced week ago

No Di Iulio :wall: Why can't I see rosters :what: Isn't it supposed to be under 'teams' part :teach:

• I'm happy for Morozova and Sokolova, I'd like to see them in 12 roster. :super:
    Sad for Jana Matiaskova, Havelkova, Yaneva... :(
    I think Djerisilo, Moroz, Tirozzi and Esra aren't needed in their NT :whistle:

• I'm happy for Morozova and Sokolova, I'd like to see them in 12 roster.

I could live with Morozova, she's at least better than Borodakova (well, who is not???), but Sokolova - NO WAY! She is no longer good enough to help the team, the young girls worked all summer and showed good things and it would be just unfair if one of them lost her place to Queen Lyuba just because she decides she's in the mood to play a tournament. I don't think it will happen anyway...

• I could live with Morozova, she's at least better than Borodakova (well, who is not???), but Sokolova - NO WAY! She is no longer good enough to help the team, the young girls worked all summer and showed good things and it would be just unfair if one of them lost her place to Queen Lyuba just because she decides she's in the mood to play a tournament. I don't think it will happen anyway...

I agree :thumbup:
    but Sokolova can help them, especially in reception/defense line.

• I agree :thumbup:
    but Sokolova can help them, especially in reception/defense line.

Like she helped Fenerbahce in CL semifinal 2011 and Russia in Olympic QF 2012? Sokolova isn't needed and I'm sure she wouldn't accept the role as reception substitute.

Some players should know when to stop, I'm glad that Angelina Grün did so for example. Of course Lyuba was an outstanding player in the past, at one time probably the best of the world, but that's over...

• Check out the link I posted above, at the bottom of that article are links to all rosters.

I found it thanks a lot :drink:

In the article it says:

"However, enough stars participate at the EC in the “heart of Europe”. Serbia’s opposite player Jovana Bracocevic, the outside hitter Gözde Sonsirm of the joint favourite Turkey, Italy’s top star Carolina Costagrande, Russia’s new “weapon” Nataliya Goncharova, Azerbaijan’s “One Women Show” Nataliya Mammadova, Poland’s captain Katarzyna Skowronska-Dolata, Germany’s captain Margareta Kozuch and so on."

It is interesting that it is talking about Gözde as star of the team, it always has been Neslihan for 10 years :whistle: