World League 2011

• Thanks, flyingdutchman for these wonderful words. It means a lot for us, Poles.
    Volleyball-paradise - I really like this term :heart:

• Yeah! There is also a great arena in Katowice, if I am not mistaken...

Yeah, Katowice used to be a polish capital of volleyball and Spodek is an amazing object. Still remember fantastic moments from 2004 when Poland won with Brasil there.

• And better hair color :D But Ignaczak is an animal. I love him :D

When Jarosz is serving my mother is screaming: "DAWAJ, RUDY, DAWAJ!! (COME ON, RED, COME ON!!!)

Ignaczak is like a cheetah, a lion, a squirell, a cat and a monkey in one. Fast as a cheetah, king as a lion, agile as a squirells Chip & Dale, delightful as a cat and funny as a little monkey :D

• When Jarosz is serving my mother is screaming: "DAWAJ, RUDY, DAWAJ!! (COME ON, RED, COME ON!!!)

My mum always screams 'Dawaj Ryży' :rolll: (Come on Red, as well :D )

• Congratulations to Poland for the good game. Please, beat Argentina tomorrow!
    Brazil is a favorite against Russia. I would like Russia to win just for a change, although I am not so much their fan. It's boring one team to win all, different from other collective sports where competition is tougher.

• Congratulations to Poland for the good game. Please, beat Argentina tomorrow!
    Brazil is a favorite against Russia. I would like Russia to win just for a change, although I am not so much their fan. It's boring one team to win all, different from other collective sports where competition is tougher.

I'm sure our guys will try their best again, but it's gonna be very difficult. Argentina definitely won't give up the match, they can be even stronger, considering that they might be pissed off with today's defeat. We'll see what's gonna happen. Come on guys in white and red :D

• I've just read that Sidao was asked to go on the center of the court and thousands of polish fans sang 'Happy Birthday' for him! :D
    Is it ture? :D Sorry, but I haven't watched this match.

• I've just read that Sidao was asked to go on the center of the court and thousands of polish fans sang 'Happy Birthday' for him! :D

Yes! He said this when he was being interviewed by brazilians.... Polish people are really nice! The most polite ones!

• Yes! He said this when he was being interviewed by brazilians.... Polish people are really nice! The most polite ones!

Only volleyball fans are so polite :D I guess you wouldn't like to meet some polish football fans :lol:
    Anyway...even though I'm Polish, my wonderful countrymen will never stop suprising me. It was so nice of them! :heart:

I wish I could be there to sing him "Happy birthday" too. I'm falling in love with this guy more and more :P

• I wish I could be there to sing him "Happy birthday" too. I'm falling in love with this guy more and more :P

Well...I'm in love with his serve, not him as a guy or generally player, but he seems to be a really cool guy anyway! :D

• That was a really entertaining day of volleyball. Thanks to all four teams. :drink:

But i have to come back to the afternoon match and the controversity about the referee. For my liking the slaughtering of the referee here was a bid over the top. So i just had a review of the complete second set and found the following controversial situations:

at 3:4 Brazilian service called out, but it was in. Mistake in favor for Argentina.

at 27:27 spike by Pereyra called out, but it was clearly on the line. Mistake in favor for brazil. The one to blame here is the linesman, as the referee has to watch the net in the moment of spiking. A hard line-shot is very difficult to judge for him.

at 35:35 Theo's spike is called out by the linesman, but the referee is rightfully overruling. Perfect decision.

at 37:38 Theo spikes and Conte is slightly touching the ball with its forearm. Really difficult to see and, in my opinion, a very good call.

That was all i could discover in this set. If I oversaw something, just correct me, no problem. I just wanted to point out, that i haven`t seen the referee as bad as many here made him.

Good nght to all of you......

• Well...I'm in love with his serve, not him as a guy or generally player, but he seems to be a really cool guy anyway! :D

I have always adored him as much as Gustavo. For everything. I still wonder why he doesn't play more in NT. For me he is much better than Rodrigao.

• Because of the extremely good coverage of the Polish television I was able to notice something interesting in connection to the Bulgarian games. I do not know whether it was shown on our national television, but I watched so far in laola1 only and there were two moments which sticked to my attention and made me think for a while.

First, Rado Stoychev said in a personal talk to Andrey Zhekov during one of the timeouts in the match versus Poland: "Do not set low balls against Mozdzonek! These are the only ones he can block!" :D Of course, he said it in an emotional moment, maybe based on overall observation of his game, but that actually made me think he was kinda right. Mozdzonek is not that effective in block for someone with his height/reach. Maybe that's one of the reasons Anastasi is replacing him with Kosok so often.

The other thing is the expression of Camilo Placci in the last moments of the game against Italy. You can see that in some of the pics of the game in FIVB's website as well. It was obvious he did his tactical tasks brilliantly, doing his job for our team perfectly, but he was surely not pleased with the victory from a human (Italian) point of view. For the work he is doing for our NT, helping both Prandi before and Stoychev now, and for the professionalism he is demonstrating, I believe, he deserves a huge respect!

Anyway, that was not really connected to what happened today! Things, unfortunately, are being predictable, and I don't think tomorrow will be any different. Let's hope the final will be at least as entertaining as the whole tournament up to the moment.

• Brazil x Argentina

what a good match :!: los muchacos deserves all the congratulations , cause playing first time in a semi of a great event and againnt brazil at a high leve, they were not afraid as other teams are :win: they've lost cause the group is not so good, the MD aren't just average , mainly crer( where is stepanenko and archemacher :?: :?: :?: ) conte and de cecco are world class, but pereyra lack experiece, brazil again and again ..... PLEASE RUSSIA WIN TOMORROW !!

Russia x Poland

Killing Services :obey: one of the matches that i have most seen so many good services by both team, poland played very well, reached where they could, kurek is a monster, such a good player and passion for the team :) if poland bring back winiarski wlazly/bartman zagummy and kadziewicz they can fight for the title , about russia they havent did a good match, seems they played with half of the potencial, even this way they managed withugh much troubles, muserskyi still not at his best shape and it might be a problem tomorow, to beat brazil they goona need to evalute A LOT , playing like te last matches it will be brazil again :wall:

GO RUSSIA

• First, Rado Stoychev said in a personal talk to Andrey Zhekov during one of the timeouts in the match versus Poland: "Do not set low balls against Mozdzonek! These are the only ones he can block!" :D Of course, he said it in an emotional moment, maybe based on overall observation of his game, but that actually made me think he was kinda right. Mozdzonek is not that effective in block for someone with his height/reach. Maybe that's one of the reasons Anastasi is replacing him with Kosok so often.

Yeah. Możdżonek usually do not jump to the block. Stands as a pillar with hands up, hoping that a ball will luckily meet with his hands :D
    Kosok has a large range in the block. Możdżonek has a large range in the attack. Kadziewicz has got both block and attack better. What the result? :lol: (rhetorical question)