World Cup 2011

• Joanamms how will look South American Championships' Groups?
    Maybe Peru or Argentina and Colombia will be in one Group and Brazil will eliminate one of these Teams in Semi-Finals?

I dont know yet how will be the formula. If will be everyone against everyone or what. I just know that for now have 6 team (Brasil, Colombia, Peru, Venezuela, Chile and Argentina), but they are trying to make Paraguay and Uruguay playing too, so would rase to 8.

but South America Federation can be worse then brasilian in the matter of information.

• I'm curious in what disposition is Venezuela. The Team played in Olympics 2008. I remember only Gomes Veronica from Uralochka. She has played in Galati, has been injured and..? Where did She play and will play?
    Who did play from Venezuela in Europe too?

• If I had to guess which teams would play the WC I would say:

South America: Brazil and Argentina
    NORCECA: USA and Dominican Republic
    Africa: Kenia
    Europe: Serbia and Russia / Serbia and Italy / Russia and Italy
    Asia: Thailand and Korea
    Host country: Japan
    Wild card #1: Poland
    Wild card #2: China

• It would be unfair in relation to Europe :tzz:, better would be wild card for NORCECA :thumbsup:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• We have to bear in mind that the president of FIVB is Chinese.

• Everyone talks about Thailand, Japan, South Korea, China but Everyone forgot North Korea which beat Thailand in the last Asian Games.

• Everyone talks about Thailand, Japan, South Korea, China but Everyone forgot North Korea which beat Thailand in the last Asian Games.

Bartek,

Nobody sends their best teams to the Asian Games, except North Korea because we can at least control the players there!!! :lol:

FIVB will not send a North Korea team to Japan, politically it is a massive issue with the North Koreans having kidnapped Japanese citizens in the past.

• Un-official

FIVB selected Two Teams to the Wild Cards

1- Russia as two time World Champion
    2- Cuba

• Un-official

FIVB selected Two Teams to the Wild Cards

1- Russia as two time World Champion
    2- Cuba

ECh has not even started yet....why they have selected Russia as the WC team...

I think FIVB dislikes Russia for history reasons, they never award any wc to them...poland might be a big alternative i think...fivb likes them...

Cuba is good but not enough to take the wc....we shall wait for Mr Wei Jizhong retirement and Norceca president to do this, and during that time Dominican Rep. will be favourable in the continent...

dont forget JVA alsol has one wc to release, and they prefer african /asian/ south american teams....

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• So Algeria and China are already qualified and Korea had to wait

• exactly!

at the moment.....

2011 World Cup (6/12)
    Japan, Kenya, Algeria, United States, Dominican Republic and China have claimed their positions.

2012 World Grand Prix (11/16)
    China, Japan, Brazil, United States, Dominican Republic, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Argentina, Korea, Thailand, Chinese Taipei have claimed their positions.

2012 Olympic Games (1/12)
    United Kingdom

to be me...

• In World Grand Prix are also Poland, Serbia. I don't know what about Turkey, cuz it was a rumour that second team from European League will play too. But in that case for Europe are only 5 places and it will be only for finalist of ECH?

• Are you 100% sure that Algeria gets the spot? The observation note from the FIVB WC website says

"NB: If Japan win or finish as one of the best runners-up in the AVC Continental Championship the third ranked team from the tournament will compete."

It doesn't specify that the position is based on ranking, just that they finish third at the AVC tournament. Perhaps they made the note vague and didn't mention ranking to accommodate a 3rd Asian team in just this sort of situation. Either way Korea and Algeria won't qualify for the Olympics at the World Cup so I guess it's not all that important but I would prefer to see Korea because their level of volleyball is superior to that of Algeria.

• Are you 100% sure that Algeria gets the spot? The observation note from the FIVB WC website says

"NB: If Japan win or finish as one of the best runners-up in the AVC Continental Championship the third ranked team from the tournament will compete."

It doesn't specify that the position is based on ranking, just that they finish third at the AVC tournament. Perhaps they made the note vague and didn't mention ranking to accommodate a 3rd Asian team in just this sort of situation. Either way Korea and Algeria won't qualify at the World Cup so I guess it's not all that important but I would prefer to see Korea because their level of volleyball is superior to that of Algeria.

In my opinion, its just a clarification that Japan, as the host, will not take the spot reserved for the top 2 places from Asian Continent Championship.

FIVB will release confirmed news shortly then we will know if Korea has qualified directly...

as what we all see at the moment, FIVB WC homepage even has not confirmed DOM's place from NORCECA....but we all know they have been in...

to be me...

• According to regulations the spot in WC has Algeria, not Korea due to ranking per 15th January - Algeria was higher.

• Yes, Korean media has announced that they will receive a wild card.

it was bad news for Fener fans cause Korea will get a wild car, Kim will miss the Turkish Super Cup ;(

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"