World Cup 2011

• Mirosław Przedpełski, president of PZPS said, that on Wednesday it'll be known which countries will gets wild cards for WC. After average performance by female team journalist asked does PZPS tries to provide WC for female team, he said, that yes, but there is below 50% and just spin his head... it rather clear.

• Don't worry about that.
    Kim is leaving for turkey on 10/02. She will participate in the Super Cup.
    And Kim will come home to Korea on 10/22. (for WC)

Thank you

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Germany will play in World Cup after winning semifinal against Italy 3:0, so Poland's chances for Wild Card in my opinion now are very little, especially because they didn't deserve for it

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I feel so delighted that all my favourite teams are going to World Cup now:
    men's team of Poland and Argentina;
    ladies' team of Germany and China.

Yay! :lol:

• Germany will play in World Cup after winning semifinal against Italy 3:0, so Poland's chances for Wild Card in my opinion now are very little, especially because they didn't deserve for it

Well, as far as I understand, it's impossible that FIVB will give two wild cards to the same country... And because the guys clearily deserve it more, I'm afraid the girls won't have it...

About Italy, damn, I can't believe we won't be in the WC!! I mean, we are actually risking not to be in the Olyimpics!!!! Not just because we won't be at the WC, but because without the ranking points of the WC it will be hard to have a position in the ranking that will let us to come at the Asiatic World tournament, so it's possible that we will have only one chance to get the qualification, at the Continental tournament, with Russia, Turkey, Holland, Poland :S (may be one of them will have the wild card)

I really hope that we will have a wild card, but I'm quite disappointed we didn't earned it... But as Barbolini said, we always (with him) earned everything, so if for once they wanna make us a present.... They're welcome!! :roll:

Well, I also think that Turkey will be a great candidate for a wild card...

• It is obvious that European team receiving a wild card for World Cup will have an easier path to London.

• favourites for the Wild Cards

1st level

Italy - WC defending champion
    Russia - double WCh champion
    Argentina - South America Vice Champion mostly (with lower world ranking on Jan 15th)
    if Argentina wins the continental final, then Korea takes this place.

2nd level

Poland - no reasons
    Cuba - 3rd of Norceca
    Thailand - 4th of Asia
    Turkey - semi finalist of Europe

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• favourites for the Wild Cards

Poland - no reasons

:lol: :lol: :rolll:

• It's pretty sure that all European teams deserve this wild card more than Thailand, Argentina and Cuba. They are better teams. But we can be pretty sure that level of the competition is not a big issue ;p Japan will be want a team which they can beat easy, and FIVB must earn on this team ;) I'm not sure if Argentina, Cuba can secure TV broadcast in their country. As far as I know it is important in this Wild Card case.

Poland was 5th at ECH, Russia was 6th and must play in pre-qualification tournamnet to continental qualifiaction. I don't know what happend when they receive Wild Card. They are 3 pre-qualifiaction tournaments and it is a chance that any of european teams didn't qualify from WC. Then it will be only 2 places from pre-qualification and 3 tournaments.

I praised to God yesterday. Final between Turkey and Germany will be disaster for the whole Europe. Non of this teams have chance to qualify on OG from WC. Serbia, Italy, Russia can do this.

• Poland was 5th at ECH, Russia was 6th and must play in pre-qualification tournamnet to continental qualifiaction.

Poland also needs to play it :(

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Is it sure? Top 4 from ECH and host (Turkey) has got sure places in European Qualification Tournament, but Turkey is in 4 at ECH, so 5th Poland should have sure place in EQT. 4 years ago Netherlands was 5th in ECH and thanks Italy won WC, Dutch took their place, so...?

• Come on, you don't have to worry. Obviously, I say this without being emotionally invested, which is a big difference, but I have no doubts Italy will be in the OG. Also, it doesn't mean I don't want them to be. On the contrary: I really expect and want Italy to be there, cause without them, it'd be a much less interesting tournament.

We could try to figure out what's passing through FIVB's mind, but I'm not sure I can fulfill the task. I just think that Italy DESERVES more than any other european team a spot in the WC. But even if they don't get one, I'm sure it won't be that difficult to qualify.

• Russian newspaper Sport-express says it's Poland who's got wild card from Europe. Really it gets so annoying and you can't help it but wish Poland bad luck in the tournament. This NT hasn't win anything in years and still gets all the wild cards. So the world will see this mediocre team over and over again.

• It is difficult to predict who the wild cards will be, especially because there are lots of European teams which are strong enough to qualify for the OG through this tournament. maybe that's why FIVB doesn't invite lots of European teams to play this tournament.

So far we have already Japan, China, South Korea, Brazil, USA, Dominican Republic, Serbia and Germany. With all due respect to Argentina, I really doubt they can beat Brazil today, so I think South Korea is already qualified for the WCH. I don't have any clue about the African team which qualified for the WC, in fact I don't even know if this Championship is over or not. I tried to find information about it in the CAVB home page but I couldn't find anything out. I believe that either Algeria, Egypt or Kenia will grab the African spot, though.

I believe Russia should be given a chance because they are the current World Champions, Italy, on the other hand, are the defending champions of the World Cup. so it would be fair enough to invite them too.

• 1. Japan (host)
    2. China (Asian Champion)
    3. South Korea (Asian Vice Champion)
    4. Kenya (African Champion)
    5. Algeria (African Vice Champion)
    6. USA (Norceca Champion)
    7. Dominican Republic (Norceca Vice Champion)
    8. Serbia (European Champion)
    9. Germany (European Vice Champion)
    10. Brazil (South American Champion, unless Argentina pulls off a huge upset)
    11. Wild Card #1
    12. Wild Card #2