• Best Spiker: Destinee Hooker (USA)
    Best Blocker: Christiane Furst (GER)
    Best Server: Bethania De La Cruz (DOM)
    Best Receiver: Fabi (BRA)
    Best Libero: Jie-Youn (KOR)
    Best Setter: Yoshie Takeshita (JPN)
    Best Scorer: Bethania De La Cruz (DOM)
    MVP: Carolina Costagrande (ITA) :super: :super: :super: :super:

Non lasciare mai che la paura di perdere ti impedisca di partecipare!!

29th - Prediction Game - Women's European Championship 2011

• Wow, Congrats to Chris! I wonder how many times she has won the Best Blocker Title :drink: :D I'm so proud of you!

Costagrande! She totally deserves the MVP award.

• Betania with two awards mmm We have New Star.
    Hmm.. in Euro 2007 Aguero MVP, now Costagrande. When will You have MVP in who veins flows italian blood? :lol:

Hmm.. in Euro 2007 Aguero MVP, now Costagrande. When will You have MVP in who veins flows italian blood? :lol:

Gioli MVP in WC 2007 ;) :cup:

• Hmm.. in Euro 2007 Aguero MVP, now Costagrande. When will You have MVP in who veins flows italian blood? :lol:

In the World Cup 2007 and in Grand Champions Cup 2009 the MVP was Simona Gioli........ :whistle:

• I think Bartek talks about Aguero winning the MVP Title at ECH 2007. Not WC 2007. I don't properly remember who won the MVP title though...Wasn't it Aguero?

• I must study Gioli's roots :D

She is Italian 100%!!! :lol:

• It doesn't matter,WE WIN AGAING!!!YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :super: :super: :super:

• Say something to the teams in top 8....

Italy, the successful defending champion in WC, you show an accurate volleyball to us...i like the way you play, everyone just feels relaxed with any win or lose. and finally god bless you ladies to push you with the crown...Costagrande is the queen of volleyball...she will work in China this year...please fly to Guangzhou in no time...kasia and fawcett has been waiting for you since last week...lol

USA, once more vice champion, what a pity for the veterans like Scott, Bown, Haneef-Park, Tom, Berg, who devoted themselves on the beloved sport but they didnt get what they deserved...hope you guys could have the gold dream come true in London...this is not the doomsday yet..for the young players, Akinradewo, Hooker, you have such a big gap from the veterans to fill up as soon as possible...you did not learnt from the loss to Japan in last World Championship and still did the same bad performance...McCutcheon shall resign from his position, he did something really wrong in substitutions, when Tom received bad and he let Hodge in to replace Larson, what the fuck is that...crazy guy with no vigor.

China, well done in this long tournament...Zhang Lei made the team different from WGP. China is the only team with no 0-3 or 1-3 loss in WC and of course the 3rd place is perfectly deserved. the supersession of the team composition is silently complete during about 2 years. they young player utilized the high and mighty shows to have themselves transformed...China players are still young and we could looking forward to more to them in OG London.

Japan, one step away from the direct ticket to London, but they have used a special way to say Bye to WC (the next edition of WC is probably moved to another country). its my very first time to feel that fighting for the glory could also be such amazing thing. It is typical team which understands volleyball and play by spirit...

Brazil, disappointing team No 1, they have finished the trip here since the last three rounds did not start. we believe they will secure the continental ticket for London but the problems are still there. they really need a consistent setter, stable serve reception, accurate match-up and reliable attackers...otherwise, we cant expect too much for them in OG.

Germany, disapponting team No 2, mood fluctuation has been a big question to them...Pressure resistance is also becoming a psychological problem...i am sure they may have much bigger pressure in EOQT...they need keep on with doing as Germans....continue fighting like warrors.

Serbia, the new european champion without their best squad in Japan, but it is another breakthrough for the talented young players, like what they did in Junior and Youth teams. as far as i know, they have not reached the peak of their potentials. i like them.

Dominican Republic, they are not a strong team, but they are the only team which dared to struggle and made troubles, or sometimes traps to the so-called strong ones. who knows, the inspiration always comes out of the innovation.

at very last...show my sincere respect to the super mamas...

Gioli - strong mama :box:
    Paula - beautiful mama :lol:
    Haneef - tallest mama :dance6:
    Scott - happy mama :thumbsup:
    De la Cruz - powerful mama :super:

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• what a big surprise ! :D but anyway Congratulations Italy !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :super: :cup: :flower:
    and of course congratulations to all players for their individual awards ;) and Carolina MVP :super: totally diserved !!

Ahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

Made me laugh Bartek!

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Congratulations Italy :flower: A deserved tittle really even they lost yesterday to USA i think they deserved much more than USA considering the lacks.Lucia Bosetti and Costagrande were amazing :heart: No need to talk about Leo's performance :win: It was also good to see Croce back.The best thing that for Italy is probably they have lots of high level liberos to play.Germany :teach: They wasted great chances in this tournament :down:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• If Park started in the first 6 today, USA would win the match.
    Germany isn't disappointing. In August They lost set against Peru and played like African Team. They won Euro Silver but for sure wasted some chances to win the matches.
    To be brief good that Germany isn't 4th because of that Russia will be for sure in London ^^

• USA, once more vice champion, what a pity for the veterans like Scott, Bown, Haneef-Park, Tom, Berg, who devoted themselves on the beloved sport but they didnt get what they deserved...hope you guys could have the gold dream come true in London...this is not the doomsday yet..for the young players, Akinradewo, Hooker, you have such a big gap from the veterans to fill up as soon as possible...you did not learnt from the loss to Japan in last World Championship and still did the same bad performance...McCutcheon shall resign from his position, he did something really wrong in substitutions, when Tom received bad and he let Hodge in to replace Larson, what the fuck is that...crazy guy with no vigor.

I don't think they have anything to mourn over. The standings are not that important IMO, apart from being pure prestige, as long as the OG ticket is secured. I'm sure they would have pushed way harder in today's match if something more substantial had been at stake.
    For me, USA is clearly still the team to beat.

• :wavy: some considerations:
    1) one more time, JPN is my beloved team (together with my NT, of course): I like the way they play, the spirit they put into the fight, even when there's no gain for them (but the praise Ffrom the public and the sportsmen). And Takeshita ? simply unbelievable ... her block against Mari deserves (at least) to be commemorated with a special stamp by JPN Post Service.. :obey:
    2) This WC turned out to be much more thrilling and entertaining than last year's WCH. Hard-fought matches, many competitive teams, sudden reversal of fortunes.... Worth seeing !
    3) At the moment, there's NO 'dominant' national team: there's just a bunch of 'prominent' teams who can win against whoever, yet may also be defeated by any of their peers.. IMO, this open competition is good for volleyball movement all over the world
    4) I read everything was written on this forum, and I found quite often helpful and well-thought analysis and opinions ... and some nice humour too. Thanks to all you, Folks!!
    5) ITA NT has played -once more in her history- the underdog who takes the win - thanks to Jap, but in the overall earning it by its own merit... Yet we cannot foresee how ITA will perform next year. Some people noticed that since Barbolini's advent ITA has won a lot, but only in odd-numbered years ... and this victory should confirm it..
    6) Italian Volley forums have already started a new debate: Is Barbolini a genius (having brought the team "from rags to riches" in 30 days only) or is he simply endowed with a big amount of luck ? (in Italian: ''un gran culo''...) What would have happened if Piccinini had no health problems, if Ortolani had no injury? We could have seen Costagrande again exiled in the OPP role -as it was in the EC???
    7) Now and forever, GRAZIE RAGAZZE !! :cup:
    :wavy:

• Congrats to Italy! After all the complaints about the point system I think the final standing was reflective of what the final ranking should be. After the ECH I don't think anyone, including the Italians themselves, would have predicted that they'd defend their title, but they displayed a high level of volleyball throughout the tournament and were consistent. Costagrande had an outstanding tournament but enough cannot be said about the abilities of Lo Bianco and the role she plays for this team. She was the real MVP.

USA: Real tough loss for the USA. I don't know what it is about Japan but it never seems like the Americans are fired up to play against them in the same way that they come out against the Italians or Brazilians. From the first point of the match, they never seemed emotionally involved in the match and didn't look like they were playing for the gold. That concerned me. Service reception and blocking were the most inconsistent skills throughout the tournament and are generally solid points for their team. The goal of qualifying for the Olympics was achieved, but it does leave a sour taste in the mouth to leave the tournament on a negative. Good to have qualified and not have to go through NORCECAs and now players can just focus on their club season.

JPN: Even though I was not thrilled about their win, they were really playing some amazing volleyball. Their service reception and defense was absolutely remarkable. Takeshita was able to run their offense to perfection and it seemed like all of the Japanese attackers were on fire. Even though they didn't qualify, I think leaving the tournament with a win on their homecourt against a top team will do wonders for their confidence and they should have no problems qualifying at the Intercontinental/Asian qualifier, even with Korea with their full-squad and against Thailand.

BRA: After some horrible performances by their standards, Brazil still had the same record as China (3rd) and Japan (4th). I consider this tournament a fluke and still think Brazil has to be in the conversation of Olympic medalists. Hopefully, from now until then they can get their outside hitters completely healthy and find their form. It also may be to Brazil's advantage to longer be considered the favorite. I can't say for sure, but perhaps they were overconfident going into tournaments and not working as hard as they should to maintain their position. Not being considered the favorites will give them motivation to get back to the top.

CHN: I have to say I was very impressed with the Chinese. They are still ridiculously young with Zhang Lei being the oldest starter at only 26! They crushed Germany and really dominated at the net. China has the athletes and the physical ability to take on any of the top teams and after this performance they are definitely contenders, IMO. With Zhang Lei in the lineup they were able to play Chinese-style volleyball and run their combinations well. I am glad that China is back and contrary to other posters' opinions, I LOVE their high-pitched squealing :)

GER: Flashes of brilliance and lots of breakdowns. That's been a typical characteristic of the Germans. It looked like Grun was a bit worn down at the end of the tournament as she has been relied on for so much for Germany since she came back and it's tough to maintain a high level for so long. Teams are also more accustomed to playing against her and that too will make her efficiency decrease. IMO, Germany relies too much on emotional momentum than they do on technical skill. They are the current Cubans of Europe and by that I mean they are prone to self-implosion. Brinker had some amazing matches and had some very forgettable ones as well. Kozuch needs to be a stabilizing force if they have any chances of winning the Euro qualifier.

SER: Still upset with the Serbian's strategy for the entire season. They placed emphasis on the Grand Prix, which meant nothing, over the World Cup and instead of experimenting with younger players earlier in the season they did it now. I REALLY like the Serbian's style of play and they have some of the best athletes in the game right now. They have the advantage of having two opportunities to qualify either at the Euro or Intercontinental. I don't think they'll win the Euro but they'll definitely qualify at the Intercontinental IMO.