The 2011 XXVI Universiade - 12-23 August - China

• :down: :down: What a Shame !! A pitiful ITA team was ridiculized by BRA girls - 0-3, with embarrassing scores (2nd set 9-25, 3rd 15-25 !! :wall: )
    Better get back home soon and stop assembling improvised (and improbable) teams... Second straight and blatant failure of ITA 'B-team' after the awful MONTREUX tournament: despite some more stages and training work, this 'nazionale' still fails on the same points as it did 2 months ago: poorest reception, lack of reaction in difficult times, poor and lacklustre setting (either by Bechis and Corna .... I start to miss Rondon. :wall: ...).
    ... Whoever it may be who sets the plan for the summer season of the 'nazionale', I would tell him/her/them to avoid improvisations as such, bounding younger players to defeat and somewhat to ridiculous. Don't think a Bechis, a Saccomani, a Partenio would take much profit for growing from experiences like those University Games ... :wavy:

• I think Partenio is a good talent, but she is still very young, like most of TIalian team that is playing Universiade. Im not watching the match, but maybe they are just are felling the preasure of the opening match, since they all (except Bechis) are unexperient girls.

I dont think that individually they are as awfull as you are saying they are right now.

I hear you Joanna but I disagree a bit. Italian and Brazilian teams have the privilege of having developed volleyball and so many players that they easily get international experience. The Italian B team spent a long time playing internationally in places like Montreux, and yet they still look like they havent developed a bit! Italy have got some of the best coaches and systems for volleyball, so this SHOULD be seen as shameful and unacceptable that they produce a team, no matter how young, who cant even pass! It is just wrong. Maybe having the under 21 team winning the junior cup gives them hope that the have stars in the making at least, but to come out as defending champion and playing this horrible is just wrong!!

• Pool A
    Japan - Belgium 3:1 (25:27, 25:17, 25:15, 25:17) stats P-2 stats P-3 JPN stats P-3 BEL
    Sweden - China 0:3 (14:25, 13:25, 11:25) stats P-2 stats P-3 SWE stats P-3 CHN

Pool B
    Italy - Ukraine 1:3 (23:25, 20:25, 30:28, 17:25) stats P-2 stats P-3 ITA stats P-3 UKR

Pool C
    Canada - Chinese Taipei 1:3 (27:25, 15:25, 22:25, 22:25) stats P-2 stats P-3 CAN stats P-3 TPE
    Poland - France 3:0 (25:23, 25:20, 25:16) stats P-2 stats P-3 POL stats P-3 FRA

Pool D
    Russia - Hong Kong 3:0 (25:9, 25:7, 25:12) stats P-2 stats P-3 RUS stats P-3 HKG
    Thailand - Norway 3:0 (25:14, 25:13, 25:15) stats P-2 stats P-3 THA stats P-3 NOR

• QUOTE Agguerro
    <<< to come out as defending champion and playing this horrible is just wrong!! >>>
    END QUOTE
    I agree -completely and in full - to this sentence and to whole Agguerro's statement.
    :wavy:

• Pool A
    Belgium - Sweden 3:0 (25:9, 25:13, 25:12) stats P-2 stats P-3 BEL stats P-3 SWE
    China - Japan 3:1 (22:25, 25:18, 25:21, 25:23) stats P-2 stats P-3 CHN stats P-3 JPN

Pool B
    Brazil - Italy 3:0 (25:22, 25:9, 25:15) stats P-2 stats P-3 BRA stats P-3 ITA

Pool C
    France - Canada 1:3 (25:27, 25:13, 19:25, 18:25) stats P-2 stats P-3 FRA stats P-3 CAN
    Chinese Taipei - Poland 0:3 (16:25, 21:25, 22:25) stats P-2 stats P-3 TPE stats P-3 POL

Pool D
    Norway - Russia 0:3 (8:25, 12:25, 14:25) stats P-2 stats P-3 NOR stats P-3 RUS
    Hong Kong - Thailand 0:3 (11:25, 12:25, 18:25) stats P-2 stats P-3 HKG stats P-3 THA

• Well, I respect your opinion guys...;)

Well it is clear that Italy didnt play well the Universiade. But I still believe that they are not as awfull as they played that tournament. So I prefer to be patient for now. ^^

Of course they are not ready yet to play in level A team...but again, I dont think this team that went to play there is even a B team from Italy, but more like a C team.

most of them just left Junior categories, and dont have much years of internacional games, Partenio, Saccomani, Biccheri, Folie,.....they are just beggining they internacional games this season.

A B team of Italy for me, if you think Italy complete roster, would be Barcellini, Di Iulio, Crisanti, Garzaro, ....

So of course, Italy team could have played better, that is for sure, and maybe they should be asked for that....but I still think its a good experience for them, since they are still just beggining in international level.

If you get Brasil team for example. Ok, maybe you never saw these girls in Brasil A Team (though many people here asked for that, but its something Zé does, only take small groups to A Team), but most of them already played in leagues as starting players, already decided championships here in Brasil, so the age and the volleyball experience they have in their back is huge. And they are also not young as the Italian team.

Italy is a small country, it is natural they find it hard to reniew their current players with same level, its a work that takes time, and starts like these, passing for this experiences, that not always are good ones..hehehe

Ill wait to see how the development will happen from now on...maybe a lot of them will never get to A team, but we will see. ^^

• France look so weak ...3 games, 3 defeat, and not in the worst group.
    i hope that they gonna play now some ranking games against the other nation they are not qualifyed, so maybe they can win some one and dont waste to much time in China.

Les pieds dans le fumier, mais toujours le verbe haut et la tête droite ! Cocorico !

• Anyone knows what next matches will be?

Quarterfinals tomorrow (18th August).
    Complete schedule during Universiade here
    In CET matches will be at 12:00 and 14:00 in your time zone it'll be at 7:00 and 9:00
    It hasn't been announced yet, who with whom will play.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Quarterfinals tomorrow (18th August).
    Complete schedule during Universiade here
    In CET matches will be at 12:00 and 14:00 in your time zone it'll be at 7:00 and 9:00
    It hasn't been announced yet, who with whom will play.

Thanks dears! :flower:

• Brasilian universities students are really anoyed with Brasilian Volleyball Confederation!

They acuse CBV to have made inscritions in Universities in last minutes for professional athletes, just so they could play this Universiade! That most of the players in our woman and man team actually dont make the studies in any University, and that destroys the educational process and the sports development in our country. The only consern of CBV is to win and look good in front of the media, not actually worring about the development of the sport in the country or even less with the educational system.

They are anoyed that the students that actually spent they efford joining sport and studies life, that is something so rare in Brasil, adn that participate nacional universities tournaments, dont have the chance to get in a Universiade, the best touranment they could play in their category, cause of this CBV way of dealing things.

And that is a shame for Brasil!

I agree with them, it is shamefull! But well, its well knows CBV dont care a shit for the development of the sport here, they jsut want to make the gold, so Ary Graça can keep in front of the Cenfederation (he is already 20 years in ahead as president! :down: ), and I think that the only reasons Brasil still win things is that cause we have a lot of good coaches and good players, that make on their own, cause the Confederation support developing the sport is just ridiculous...the only good thing they ever made was the training center, but I imagine how much money they stole while doing it.... :wall:

Unfortunetly this is Brasil. :(

• What will be semifinals?

JPN x CHN and BRA x RUS?

No, It'll be BRAxJPN and CHNxRUS.

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. (Oscar Wilde).

• I fully agree with you and the students...sad story :( :(

CBV :down: :down: :down:

• I see that the few Moderators are sleeping. ^^
    Please put here the results of the Quarter-Finals ^^
    Only sleeping, eating and scarying delete posts ^^

• If I were a Moderator, the results of the Quarter-Finals would be here from 4 pm ^^
    Goodnight ^^ sweet dreams ^^ chocolate kisses ^^