Dutch NT 2011

• De Kruijf, Pietersen and Sloetjes have already left their German clubs to practise with NT, but there is no info about Schoot and Kim Staelens from their clubs, a press release from Hamburg even sounds quite like Staelens will play today...

• De Kruijf, Pietersen and Sloetjes have already left their German clubs to practise with NT, but there is no info about Schoot and Kim Staelens from their clubs, a press release from Hamburg even sounds quite like Staelens will play today...

About Kim Staelens: It's ok for me if Dijkema and Stoltenborg would play in Croatia. Dijkema has played the whole NT-season, and Stoltenborg has specifical qualities. Also because they both are Dutch future and because of Kim's vulnerable physical situation.

About Myrthe Schoot: I read on twitter, she has travelled to Almere already.

• It's good news for Schwerin, they have another important match this weekend and they already miss Mira Topic. After that match our league has 3 weeks break because of World Cup so Anne can rest and recover in this time :)

She's going home for a few days,short vacation after this match.

• About Kim Staelens: It's ok for me if Dijkema and Stoltenborg would play in Croatia. Dijkema has played the whole NT-season, and Stoltenborg has specifical qualities. Also because they both are Dutch future and because of Kim's vulnerable physical situation.

About Myrthe Schoot: I read on twitter, she has travelled to Almere already.

At which position Schoot plays? I have never watched her in NT or any club..

• No surprise at all

Dijkema\K.staleans

C.staleans\Stam\Slotjes\Grothues

Flier\Pietersen

Schoot\Van

De Kruijf\Wensink\Visser\Huurman

• S:Where is Stoltenberg? I pick Dijkema.

OH: Again Staelens? She just can't play because of several injuries she have had so far. I was really sorry for her when I saw her tears in ECH against Azerbaijan and then.. I just praid that she retires from volleyball because I can't watch the game while she is suffering during the game. It can be seen clearly that she suffers a lot when she trys to jump. Anyway I hope,now, she is better and can help to team. Except Blom there is not surprise name. I pick Stam and Grothues.

OPP: No comment! Flier :super: However, I am curious what The Netherlands will do if Flier injuries. Meijners could be a good option both for OH and OPP position :whistle:

Middle: Huurman :lol: Anyway I like the willingness in her :D She is already 36 but always in NT roster! She has given a lot to NT.Maybe she can't do the same what she has done before but she is like a teacher for youngsters . She is ''mother'' for young players :lol: I pick Visser and Wensink.

L:I pick Van Tienen.

• Dutch NT defeated Belgium NT today 4-0 (25-22, 25-17, 25-19, 25-22) in Almere.

http://www.volleybal.nl/volley…slaan-belgie-in-drie-sets

Starting-six

K Staelens - Flier, C. Staelens - Stam, Wensink-Visser, van Tienen

In third set Grothues, Sloetjes replaced C. Staelens and Stam in starting-six. Also Dijkema, De Kruijf and Huurman played a few points.

------------------------------------------------------

Schoot and Pietersen didn't play likely. I hoped Stoltenborg would get a chance too, this weekend. Hopefully she will play tomorrow.

Bert Goedkoop, technical director of the Dutch Federation, was headcoach today and will be the headcoach as well in Croatia during POGQT.

Main issue fotr today's match was testing Kim Staelens' physical condition. Result: Kim played three full sets without problems :!: :drink:

• I've never been a big fan of Chaine Staelens, but watching her performance is just painful. Just like she cried at ECH against Azerbajzdan. It seemed like she felt pain while she tried jumping...It looked like hell ;( If she feels injuried all the time, She'd better quit playing volleyball. Of course, I really hoep she gets better soon.
    I heard that all the dutch girls want to play in the olympic games, but unfortunately It's not all up to their wish. It's up to their shape and performance.

Sad not to see Femke. She played super well in Monterux Cup, and would love to see her as main setter of Dutch NT again. She is a very talented setter and also blocker. as well as you guys, I hope she gets a chance to play.

on the other hand, It's weird and surprising not to see Alice Blom on the list. well, honestly I'm quite glad. because She can't play well and even not young (31 yo). Grothues is miles better than her now. Great decision :thumbup:

• I've never been a big fan of Chaine Staelens, but watching her performance is just painful. Just like she cried at ECH against Azerbajzdan. It seemed like she felt pain while she tried jumping...It looked like hell ;( If she feels injuried all the time, She'd better quit playing volleyball. Of course, I really hoep she gets better soon.
    I heard that all the dutch girls want to play in the olympic games, but unfortunately It's not all up to their wish. It's up to their shape and performance.

Sad not to see Femke. She played super well in Monterux Cup, and would love to see her as main setter of Dutch NT again. She is a very talented setter and also blocker. as well as you guys, I hope she gets a chance to play.

on the other hand, It's weird and surprising not to see Alice Blom on the list. well, honestly I'm quite glad. because She can't play well and even not young (31 yo). Grothues is miles better than her now. Great decision :thumbup:

Femke will be in Zwolle today,she told me a couple of days ago. (And
    I will be there too :D) And may be she have some news about new club! :thumbsup:

I heard Chaine was 100% fit yesterday to play.

• Sunday match, Zwolle.

Netherlands - Belgium 3:2 (25-14, 25-16, 21-25, 16-25, 15-6)

1st and 2nd set: Dijkema - Flier, Grothues - C. Staelens, Wensink-Visser, van Tienen.

3rd and 4th set: Dijkema - Pietersen, Stam - Sloetjes, Wensink-Visser, van Tienen

5th set: Dijkema - Sloetjes, Stam - Grothues, Wensink-Visser, van Tienen.

Sloetjes played a very good 5th set at opposite-position :!:

http://www.volleybal.nl/volley…-ook-in-zwolle-van-belgie

I'm curious why Stoltenborg didn't play :?:

Let's wait for Marieke's report, since she visited the match :teach:

Edit: pictures of both matches (Almere and Zwolle) are at http://www.fotohoogendoorn.nl --> sport --> volleybal :!:

Edit: on the pictures I see 16 players in the roster:

Setters: K. Staelens, Laura Dijkema, Femke Stoltenborg.
    Opp: Flier, Pietersen (Sloetjes)
    OH: Stam, C. Staelens, Blom, Grothues (Sloetjes).
    MB: Wensink, De Kruijf, Huurman, Visser
    L: van Tienen, Schoot.

• http://nos.nl/video/308710-goe…orgt-voor-spanningen.html

Item about the current situation.

Flier: The players were in shock, almost couldn't believe it, when they heard by phone or by the press about Selinger's departure. The players are really upset about the timing and the way Selinger was kicked out; also the decision was taken without consulting/talking to the players. They all wanted to go on with Selinger. Nobody told them before, Selinger would be kicked out after bd results at ECH.
    The players are angry at Goedkoop, because he kicked Selinger out; now they have to work with him. They all try to deal with it in a professional way.

Goedkoop says he knows the players don't like him (understatement), but he says they just need to do their job as professionals. He will be coach only in Croatia. After that tournament they will decide about a new coach. According to Goedkoop many good candidates, most of them form abroad, showed their intention to become the new Dutch NT hedcoach.

• According to Goedkoop many good candidates, most of them from abroad, showed their intention to become the new Dutch NT hedcoach.

...and we all know how "successful" foreign coaches usually are with NTs :thumbdown: Caprara: fired, Bonitta: fired, Chiappini: fired, Baltic: fired...and there are a lot more probably.

Even if the players try to take the situation professionally, they can't turn off their emotions. It will be a very hard time for all of them...

• ...and we all know how "successful" foreign coaches usually are with NTs :thumbdown: Caprara: fired, Bonitta: fired, Chiappini: fired, Baltic: fired...and there are a lot more probably.

Even if the players try to take the situation professionally, they can't turn off their emotions. It will be a very hard time for all of them...

Agree, Matthias. Communication/language is very important. Having a foreign coach, means lack of communciation.

About other point: yes, the players are still in shock. They will need a long period to overcome Selinger's departure (and even more difficult: evil Goedkoop of all people is their coach now). Most of them have worked 7 full years woth him. He made them the players they are now. They all highly respected him.

• Let's wait for Marieke's report, since she visited the match :teach:

Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,here's Marieke!!!

I think Femke is third setter in this selection,since her injury. Her thum is still a little bit painfull. Laura was playing really well yesterday and Bert choose for her as first setter.
    Chaine was playing good too, good to see her in this match. Ingrid was unstoppable ,like always.

Floortje Meijners choose herself not to play in NT. Bert Goedkoop asked her to join the team,but she decided not to come and stay in Italy. Lonneke could play OPP really well, like she did in fifth set.

• ...and we all know how "successful" foreign coaches usually are with NTs :thumbdown: Caprara: fired, Bonitta: fired, Chiappini: fired, Baltic: fired...and there are a lot more probably.

So Guidetti is the exeption that proves the rule? :)