Dutch NT 2011

• Except talking about technical/tactical issues...

I agree with Marieke, saying some players absolutely will be happy about Selinger's departure ---> players that didn't belong to Avital's favorites (the 'older' ones --> Flier, Huurman, Blom, C. Staelens, K. Staelens, van Tienen, Visser, Wensink and Stam ).

Players like Steenbergen, De Kruijf, Schoot, Buijs and Sloetjes hardly got a chance to show their qualities.

Concerning this, I think Selinger's departure is a good development, because now (with new headcoach) all players will get a fair :!: chance to show their qualities :teach:

• I hope there wil be some new players in Dutch NT roster next year :super:

• 12-roster for tournament in Croatia

Kim Staelens, Laura Dijkema, Alice Bom, Debby Stam, Chaine Staelens, Maret Grothues, Lonneke Sloetjes, Manon Flier, Francien Huurman, Caroline Wensink, Ingrid Visser, Janneke van Tienen.

• so what is different than one Avital had on EC?

Bert Goedkoop told the press: he choose the most experienced players for this tournament, "let them show that they wanna go to London". After tournament there will be a new coach for nt.

• Bert Goedkoop told the press: he choose the most experienced players for this tournament, "let them show that they wanna go to London". After tournament there will be a new coach for nt.

Interesting argumentation...if all coaches thought like that, only players over 30 would be in London. I'm quite sure the young players want to play OG at least as much as the old ones, maybe even more...

• Interesting argumentation...if all coaches thought like that, only players over 30 would be in London. I'm quite sure the young players want to play OG at least as much as the old ones, maybe even more...

Maybe time limited,after the new coach there must be some new face :lol: I hope Meijners and Van Daelan、Carjin Jans can be back!

• Maybe time limited,after the new coach there must be some new face :lol: I hope Meijners and Van Daelan、Carjin Jans can be back!

I hope Meijners backs to the team as well. Van Daelan, I don't know...She is a talented MB, but haven't seen her since a long time ago...I wonder how she plays now.

• Well, what to say....the day after...

Failed in the final, but - probably - saved by Italy in Worldcup :!:

About the match: Goedkoop should have substituted Grothues for Stam much earlier in the match.

Good things: Laura Dijkema substituted by Kim Staelens. Kim proved her NT-career isn't over yet...I'm happy for her, especially considering her chrobnical knee-problems.

Laura still has problems in making the game 'fast' and to surprise the opposite block-line. Besides, she is a weak blocker.

I think the duo Femke Stolteborg - Kim Staelens is the right solution for near future. I'm sorry to say for Laura, but she simply isn't good enough/ Staelens and Stoltenborg are better.

One thing I'm grateful to Goedkoop: He decided to bring Lonneke Sloetjes back at 'her' opposite-position :!: :!: She showed he was right to decide so :!: I'm sorry for Judith Pietersen, because I think she will be 3rd opposite.

There are rumors, some players of current roster will retire, even now Dutch NT will probably play in May in Istanbul....It's just a guess, but I think certainly Alice Blom will be one of them...she is at the moment already 4th OH, and after Anne Buijs' comeback, she will be 5th :!:

Next months only one thing is important: the new headcoach :teach: There are many candidates. Gido Vermeulen (Spain NT-headcoach) is certainly one of them.

• One thing I'm grateful to Goedkoop: He decided to bring Lonneke Sloetjes back at 'her' opposite-position :!: :!: She showed he was right to decide so :!:

That was not his choice,but Manon's... :( Bert took her as OH,he told the press, and because she is multi-functional. I know Manon for a long time,but she never had an injury that she can't play with.
    Lonneke played OH in Pollux last year too, and did a good job, but I rather like to see her play like OP.

• That was not his choice,but Manon's... :( Bert took her as OH,he told the press, and because she is multi-functional. I know Manon for a long time,but she never had an injury that she can't play with.
    Lonneke played OH in Pollux last year too, and did a good job, but I rather like to see her play like OP.

?( ?(

After the Belgium-friendlies, Goedkoop said on the radio: he was very pleased with Lonneke's performance at opposite-position. So he wanted her to play Opp. That's also why Judith Pietersen wasn't in the roster for Croatia :teach:

About Lonneke in Pollux: Did she play as receiving :!: -OH ??? Can't imagine...

• But in selection for matches against Belgium,he choose her to play OH. She played really great 1 set in Zwolle, as OP. Then he choose her in selection.
    Last year she played OH in Pollux,but not receiving, you're right. But she did great job, the best player of Pollux.

• But in selection for matches against Belgium,he choose her to play OH. She played really great 1 set in Zwolle, as OP. Then he choose her in selection.
    Last year she played OH in Pollux,but not receiving, you're right. But she did great job, the best player of Pollux.

That's the key-point ---> After Belgium-friendlies, he decided her to play opposite. So he chose Flier and Sloetjes for opposite-position for Croatia. That's why Judith wasn't in the roster.

So, she played non-receiving-OH in Pollux. I can imagine. On international level such system is almost impossible, because you lack one receiver...I still remember van Tienen and Grothues receiving the whole court...way too difficult! It causes big troubles in reception.

So Lonneke should play only on opposite-position :teach:

• Judith wasn't in roster for EC too, and there was no second OP. In case of emergency Avital could use Lonneke, instead of taking Judith to EC.
    But I like her more as OP.

Off-topic: Your inbox is full!! :D

I'm happy Goedkoop stopped using her as non-receiving-OH.

Of-topic: I deleted some messages..so you can send PM again :D