The 2012 CEV Champions League

• Maybe Vakıfbank is not the strongest team on paper but they do a great team work at field.They do a frustrating defence in back row to break their opponents confidence and it works very well.Seems that Fenerbahce learnt lots of things from Vakıfbank previous season now they do the same with Nihan,Tom and Kim.Just Naz sucks a little at digging,Ze Robero got angry to her a lot yesterday :D I can't wait to watch the battle between Vakıfbank and Fenerbahce.I can't say Fenerbahce will win this for sure coz there is a Guidetti factor,so he will take precautions to Kim Yeon who is very important for FBU's game.I believe Vakıf will pass Cannes today :super:

I totally agree with you! For me, Vakıfbank's defence is the best in CL...Özge,Gözde and Gizem are super well at digging and just look at Nikolic..She is 195, but better than many players at digging..Glinka makes some good digs as well,not moving very fast but staying in the right position..Our block is a big factor too..But I think the biggest reason for this good game is TEAM SPIRIT.. :super:

• I totally agree with u, was actually going to write the same thing :)

• And guys, I belive u when u say Vakifbank is gonna win, but we also have to consider that "Paul the Octopus" of volleyball, Bartek, have predicted a Cannes win, so sorry Vakifbank-fans ;)

• With all the love for high lever and enjoyable volleyball you have to agree that Kazan's and Gamova's volleyball in the Golden Set was high level and enjoyable. Do you agree? Yet there was only complains. Seems like DOUBLE STANDARD to me.

One more time, DO YOU AGREE that Kazan and Gamova were great in the Golden Set? Just answer YES or NO. No need for 200 words reply.

• Dont u think Cannes will be very hard to beat at home? They hardly never lose there ! I think I will go for Cannes, because I think they will play much better in reception tomorrow in front of the home crowd, so they can use their middles very much, and then I dont think Vakifbank can do so much, even if they have good blockers and defence...what are your thoughts?

After watching last week's match I am pretty sure Vakifbank will win today as well. They have to serve as tough as last week, then it won't be too hard because Cannes' wing hitters are too weak. Cannes needs 20 points each from Ravva and Rasic, then they can win the match, but otherwise Vakifbank is the favorite.

RC Cannes will win match today because Vakifbank game isn't complicated.

It's true that their game isn't complicated, but the important thing is not how complicated a team plays but with how much quality a team plays its game. And last week Vakifbank simply had more quality than Cannes.

• how old are you? 12?

Noone says Kazan didn't deserve to qualify... The problem is they didn't play 3 sets just to show their real power in golden set. And this is ethically not really a good thing but it's sports.

• how old are you? 12?

Noone says Kazan didn't deserve to qualify... The problem is they didn't play 3 sets just to show their real power in golden set. And this is ethically not really a good thing but it's sports.

It is not about who deserve to qualify or who does not. It is not for us to decide. The problem is some people complaining how Kazan lost 3 sets and saying they were playing badly. Then forget to appreciate their great performance in the Golden Set. That is unfair.

Oh, I'm mature enough. And getting personal, like you DID is not a sigh of maturity. Some people who are in there 20's, 30's or even 40's and still behave childish.

• It is not about who deserve to qualify or who does not. It is not for us to decide. The problem is some people complaining how Kazan lost 3 sets and saying they were playing badly. Then forget to appreciate their great performance in the Golden Set. That is unfair.

Oh, I'm mature enough. And getting personal, like you DID is not a sigh of maturity. Some people who are in there 20's, 30's or even 40's and still behave childish.

you don't get the point. Everyone thinks Kazan could play whole match like they played in the golden set but they didn't. People know real Dinamo Kazan was the one playing in the golden set. They didn't fight during the match. They kept their energy for the golden set. It was a pity for volleyball fans for sure. What's wrong with that?

• In my opinion kazan did it right, just to win the golden set. The golden set is a rule in volleyball and the teams can choose it whether they play or not. Maybe its pity for spectators but great for Kazan. It would not change if we had the normal system, to win at least one set to qualify for the next round ! Because after winning that set coach changes the team and only substitutes play.

• In my opinion kazan did it right, just to win the golden set. The golden set is a rule in volleyball and the teams can choose it whether they play or not. Maybe its pity for spectators but great for Kazan. It would not change if we had the normal system, to win at least one set to qualify for the next round ! Because after winning that set coach changes the team and only substitutes play.

I prefer golden set too :D Excitement never dies ^^

• you don't get the point. Everyone thinks Kazan could play whole match like they played in the golden set but they didn't. People know real Dinamo Kazan was the one playing in the golden set. They didn't fight during the match. They kept their energy for the golden set. It was a pity for volleyball fans for sure. What's wrong with that?

If anybody did not get the point, it is you. What I'm saying is some people ONLY said that Kazan did not play well in the first 3 sets and FORGOT to mention how they played great in the Golden Set. Then they made conclusion that the Golden Set rule is a bad rule. It is funny that the same very people said that Gamova was jealous to some other players. I do not agree with these two statements.

If you read my previous posts you can see that I said that Kazan as a team with one player would not stand chanced in the Final Four. Anyway, still waiting for my answer: YES or NO. Without any but

• you don't get the point. Everyone thinks Kazan could play whole match like they played in the golden set but they didn't. People know real Dinamo Kazan was the one playing in the golden set. They didn't fight during the match. They kept their energy for the golden set. It was a pity for volleyball fans for sure. What's wrong with that?

i don't think so. When the game started there was a competitive game. Kazan was forcing to take any points even if they made silly mistakes. Azerrail's prevailing in the first two sets afterwards, Kazan began to think over golden set. In normal condition, no team can take such a risk. Moreover those are balanced teams i mean no much difference between them. For example, after watching the first game in Kazan, i thought Azerrail would go through the next round. But this is volleyball.

The most advantage for Kazan is having respectable queen.

• It is not about who deserve to qualify or who does not. It is not for us to decide. The problem is some people complaining how Kazan lost 3 sets and saying they were playing badly. Then forget to appreciate their great performance in the Golden Set. That is unfair.

Come on!

If you claim to be mature enough, you should also know how provoking you were.
    You with your occasional capital lettered words, putting words into peoples mouths, demanding single word answers are not after a good discussion but a heated argument.

Most people here said they disliked the golden set rule, not hate it. Hate is a very strong word and should be used carefully. This dislike didn't result from Kazan winning the match-up.
    Most people here predicted that outcome and were indeed wanting Kazan to win.

I personally understand the need to change the previous set average rule, but also am not the biggest fan for this golden set rule.
    When CEV decided to implement the golden set rule their strongest argument for that change was that with set average rule teams had to play some sets even though one team guaranteed to advance to the upcoming stage and in those sets teams didn't show any enthusiasm.
    Kazan game was a great counter- example for that argument, hence people who are not for this rule understandably wanted to underline this fact.

Since you are here to hear some heated arguments, I thought I indulge you for this rare occasion. Since when a set won single-handedly by one player is considered high level?
    Get real, OMG. :lol:

• If anybody did not get the point, it is you. What I'm saying is some people ONLY said that Kazan did not play well in the first 3 sets and FORGOT to mention how they played great in the Golden Set. Then they made conclusion that the Golden Set rule is a bad rule. It is funny that the same very people said that Gamova was jealous to some other players. I do not agree with these two statements.

If you read my previous posts you can see that I said that Kazan as a team with one player would not stand chanced in the Final Four. Anyway, still waiting for my answer: YES or NO. Without any but

I already congratulated Kazan after the match and said they deserved it so i dont need to answer your question. Of course Gamova is not jealous of anyone. People critized the person who said that before too ^^ Gamova is still (one of) the best player(s) currently playing. Noone has doubts about that for sure :flower: lets make peace now :kiss:

• So you refuse to recognize that Gamova was great in the Golden Set. That is all I need. And I think most people on this topic would not agree with you.

Again PERSONAL attacks. Farther conversation does not make sense until you learn more how to behave. I've already made my point and I rest my case. And you can keep lol.

• So you refuse to recognize that Gamova was great in the Golden Set. That is all I need. And I think most people on this topic would not agree with you.

Again PERSONAL attacks. Farther conversation does not make sense until you learn more how to behave. I've already made my point and I rest my case. And you can keep lol.

:lol: ooopps here again with the lolling.

You keep making it personal!

You fail to recognize the sarcastic "lol", to show how immature of a discussion this had been.
    You fail to recognize that I never ever said Gamova wasn't great at that set. You put forth people to support your delusional argument, and you deliver the verdict.
    Last but not least you attack me for making it personal and ask me to BEHAVE.

All signs indicate that you are not mature enough (regardless of your age) to deserve replying to.

I said I 'll indulge you for the rare occasion, and you came back with this comical non-sense, so you have missed your chance.

Peace out (sarcastic again, i know you'll miss this one as well.)

• With all the love for high lever and enjoyable volleyball you have to agree that Kazan's and Gamova's volleyball in the Golden Set was high level and enjoyable. Do you agree? Yet there was only complains. Seems like DOUBLE STANDARD to me.

One more time, DO YOU AGREE that Kazan and Gamova were great in the Golden Set? Just answer YES or NO. No need for 200 words reply.

lombin89, you asked a question how people felt about the golden set and I replied what I thought about it. If you think some 200 words has taken up too much of your time, then consider this topic dropped. Cheers :drink:

• after the match

Logan Tom, Mary Spicer, Kimberly Glass and Cappie Pondexter :dance4: