The 2012 CEV Champions League

• You mean Bosnia ;)

Juric has grown in Greece, learned there, not like Baev who went as fully developed player in the country

• Nawrocki showing his ''skills'' :rolll: :obey: probably the worst coach SKRA ever had since I'm following volley

+10

• well, we don't know for sure what exactly happened in Greece tonight, I doubt 100 people went to Greece without provided tickets, but the whole story smells badly..

I cannot understand how Unterhaching shows two different faces in the domestic league and the CL, even if the Bundesliga is not super competitive sometimes. Haching didn't make a single good game in Europe this season, they were struggling against Jihostroj in both games, they just cannot show their volleyball for some reason. Last year they were much better, to give you the comparison. Skladany got injured in the middle of the game, but could still finish it, however, his setting tonight was not on the usual level. And this whole thing is valid for most of the other guys. Poitiers was very focused in the decisive moments, their block (Jean-Philippe Sol mostly) and Nuno Pinheiro were definitely the biggest weapons. Culafic finally played well in an important game (that I have the chance to watch), so far I have been considering him underperforming. Too bad Unterhaching missed their chance to remain second, they surely lack the international experience of their rivals Friedrichshafen, just check how VfB played away last night in the difficult-to-beat-at-home Lennik, now only a miracle could save them, but it should be more of a science fiction than volleyball necessary to happen. I think Poitiers deserve the second place just a bit more at the moment.

U r right about Ćulafić. Guy lost form from November, played very poor lately. Haching proved they're mediocre team. Without monster defense and 20+ digs they are hopeless. I'm watching them last 3 years and every important match they've won ws mostly due defense. Simply they dont have good attackers or at least CL level attackers. Bundesliga is average league as only VfB is real opponent and they are also poor this year. Poitiers looked like bunch of zombies in last 9 matches, extremly poor form but they used all weaknesses in German team. I must say this CL edition is weakest in a long time, lot of matches were low quality.

• U r right about Ćulafić. Guy lost form from November, played very poor lately. Haching proved they're mediocre team. Without monster defense and 20+ digs they are hopeless. I'm watching them last 3 years and every important match they've won ws mostly due defense. Simply they dont have good attackers or at least CL level attackers. Bundesliga is average league as only VfB is real opponent and they are also poor this year. Poitiers looked like bunch of zombies in last 9 matches, extremly poor form but they used all weaknesses in German team. I must say this CL edition is weakest in a long time, lot of matches were low quality.

I do not agree only about the attackers of Haching. I do not think Kaliberda, Dunnes and Shafranovich/Hupka are low-level players, they are even quite decent for the CL level. I don't need to remind you that Hupka won it with VfB, even if he was in a much better shape back then. Unfortunately, I have to agree about the level of the CL, but the reason is that many clubs from weaker leagues have financial trouble and building a strong team is a mountain to climb for them. The top teams qualify for the next round without many difficulties, but again for me the reason is the level of the supposedly weaker teams, there are fewer surprises year after year. Still, I am optimistic, we had some upsets from Jihostroj, Bled and Fenerbahce this year, besides we still had games like Trento vs. ZAKSA, the one in Italy was definitely the best match so far. You know how much I like the CL, so even if some teams play with 50% or lower, I still find the tournament exciting :)

• Brilliant Rafa Redwitz :obey: Konecny, Gonzalez... Actually, the whole team was amazing in defense. And other elements. This helped me to enjoy the match though I didn't enjoy performance of Skra at all... Winiarski was hopeless in attack like never before :aww: Bąkiewicz even worse. Attack has never been his strong point and now he also forgot how to receive a ball, seriously. Why not to try with Cupko then? Btw. lack of Antiga is so painful...
    No block, Redwitz was doing whatever he wanted to. In contrast to Falasca who, I think, ENDED last season. No hope. Woicki didn't even appear on setting. For what we have second setter if he is not used at all? Of course, I don't believe that Woicki would make a big difference 'cause I don't believe in him, actually... as well as I don't believe in Falasca anymore... but why not to try? Even Woicki wouldn't make this game look worse.
    Zatorski, oh gosh... Even grandpa has more verve than him :aww: He can only clean Ignaczak's shoes.
    And the worst thing ever happened to Skra is of course Mr Nawrocki the Grinch. What a hopeless man :cursing: He did absolutely NOTHING. I couldn't stand him on time-outs 'cause he was talking crap, crap and CRAP. Guys didn't even pay attention what did he say to them. I think the atmosphere between the coach and players isn't good. So I can't wait to say good bye to Mr Jacek and no doubt I will finally have a chance to do it :whistle: He's bringing Skra down. Wake up, Mr Piechocki!

One thing isn't clear to me. Why the hell SKRA brought Zatorski :what: :aww: horrible libero, no ''sense'' for play, pathetic reception very poor in ''reading'' opponents :aww: Gacek is professor for him

The only one thing coming to my mind if it comes to Zatorski is REGRESS. Since he plays in Skra he didn't make any progress. Quite the contrary. He's even worse... I remember how much I was impressed with him when he played in Częstochowa. My bad hunches after his moving to Skra were confirmed.
    And for what he travels with our NT, for what? :aww: Wojtaszek deserves more.

• I do not agree only about the attackers of Haching. I do not think Kaliberda, Dunnes and Shafranovich/Hupka are low-level players, they are even quite decent for the CL level. I don't need to remind you that Hupka won it with VfB, even if he was in a much better shape back then. Unfortunately, I have to agree about the level of the CL, but the reason is that many clubs from weaker leagues have financial trouble and building a strong team is a mountain to climb for them. The top teams qualify for the next round without many difficulties, but again for me the reason is the level of the supposedly weaker teams, there are fewer surprises year after year. Still, I am optimistic, we had some upsets from Jihostroj, Bled and Fenerbahce this year, besides we still had games like Trento vs. ZAKSA, the one in Italy was definitely the best match so far. You know how much I like the CL, so even if some teams play with 50% or lower, I still find the tournament exciting :)

I didn't mean on Dunnes more on Kaliberda and Shafranovich. IMO Hupka deserves spot in first 6. I didn't say they are bad but Haching is hard working team, they can't win matches without great defense. Remember 5th set (if u watched match) - not single dig and block, serves mostly finished in the net althought Poitiers isnt't team which can play with no mistakes. After great 4th set what Haching needed to do is to play without risk on serve. Sooner or later Poitiers would collapse.

Just another thing. Refs are just pathetic and horrible this year, I never saw that much mistakes than this season. CEV needs sth to do, it's disgusting towards teams and fans. Tonight it was terrible to watch what Spanish umpire did to SKRA in 2nd set :rolll: I don't defend them, they played poor and below any critic but decisions in 2nd set caused SKRA collapse. They didn't recover until the end.

• Tours was holy fantastic! Everything worked veery good yesterday. My private MVP of Tours is Konecny or Redwitz. Konecny did amazing job yesterday, maybe in stats it's not so clear, but on court he was a leader. This tought balls on double/triple block... I should add this ace at the end like a summary of this match. Redwitz? He showed what he has. I mean, this match was very good in his performance. What a pity, that he's not in Resovia. Oh, and Cala, I almost forgot - cuban power, really impressive guy. From these three players he was, in my opinion the weakest, but if we talk about whole team - was one of the best.

And now Skra. My God, that was just unbelievable. I thought, that Skra CAN'T play like this. That they know themselves perfect. Nobody was good yesterday. Wlazly? He didn't end the most important balls in this match! At the beginning of each other set he was really good, but when time was going he was weaker and weaker. But, for sure, he was much better than Bakiewicz and Winiarski. First guy - people say, that he's one of the best bench players in the world. Yeah. It's not actual at all. What Piechocki, Nawrocki or the other thought, when they kick out Antiga from this team and stayed with Bakiewicz? I think, that they reaaally regret now. Winiarski - he was totally nothing yesterday. I don't wanna talk about him, 'cause I feel embarassed.

Zatorski - he can't receive a ball. I understood, that by float serve the opponents can kill him. It's just unbelievable for me, 'cause this guy is now one of the worst liberos in Poland. I'm worried, 'cause I can't see any progress in his game. Maybe this Skra's air doesn't help him in being better.

Falasca. I don't know, this guy is in Belchatow since I don't remember day and he should play with all this boys PERFECT. Yesterday his cooperation between spikers was like they played first time together. He's not a world class setter. He's too long in Skra, I don't think, that he can show something more in this team. He should stayed in bench after second set, but this fucking Nawrocki is afraid of his reaction and doesn't want to change him.

Nawrocki should be fair for himself and team and lets go. I see, and the other see, too, that there is no good relation between him and players. On technical times out he's talking to them, talking and talking, and nobody listen him. It's just sad, that he's nothing for Skra's players. Coach should be higher than his team. In Skra, Nawrocki is in Falasca's hands, Wlazly's hands, Winiarski's hands, etc.

With Nawrocki and Falasca Skra won't win anything in future. Piechocki should start to think about it.

• Trento, Macerata and Cuneo rocks! Italian teams are the team with a lot of point comparated with others XD

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Tonight it was terrible to watch what Spanish umpire did to SKRA in 2nd set :rolll: I don't defend them, they played poor and below any critic but decisions in 2nd set caused SKRA collapse. They didn't recover until the end.

I don't agree.
    OK the first yellow card to Kurek was too quick. But why did he contest Redwitz's one hand set ? This is a completely clean play, and it was stupid to challenge the referee's call ! She was too quick and should have waved him at least one more time before giving him a card. But Kurek was clearly delaying the game for no reason, and it's him who made a mistake in the first place.
    Now the second yellow card is even more stupid. Skra's player start complaining about the (right !) call, the referee waved them, then say she's going to give them an other yellow card. And they keep talking! To me it's a deserved yellow card.

The only thing you can reproach to say about this referee in this set, is that she was very quick to get yellow card. But nothing else because there was not a single wrong call in this set.

And Skra did not collapse. Tours played slightly better the whole game, before and after the yellow card. And Belchatow was already struggling under Tours's pressure before the yellow cards.

• Nawrocki should be fair for himself and team and lets go. I see, and the other see, too, that there is no good relation between him and players. On technical times out he's talking to them, talking and talking, and nobody listen him. It's just sad, that he's nothing for Skra's players. Coach should be higher than his team. In Skra, Nawrocki is in Falasca's hands, Wlazly's hands, Winiarski's hands, etc.

It's not sad. He deserved because he's absolutely NOTHING as a coach. Skra suppose to represent polish volleyball but this season they're in a little hole which becomes deeper and deeper. I can't understand that excessive confidence which club president has given to Nawrocki. I don't get it.

I don't agree.
    OK the first yellow card to Kurek was too quick. But why did he contest Redwitz's one hand set ? This is a completely clean play, and it was stupid to challenge the referee's call ! She was too quick and should have waved him at least one more time before giving him a card. But Kurek was clearly delaying the game for no reason, and it's him who made a mistake in the first place.
    Now the second yellow card is even more stupid. Skra's player start complaining about the (right !) call, the referee waved them, then say she's going to give them an other yellow card. And they keep talking! To me it's a deserved yellow card.

The only thing you can reproach to say about this referee in this set, is that she was very quick to get yellow card. But nothing else because there was not a single wrong call in this set.

And Skra did not collapse. Tours played slightly better the whole game, before and after the yellow card. And Belchatow was already struggling under Tours's pressure before the yellow cards.

I have to agree with Armel though I feel a little embarassed by guys of Skra behaviour... They react too impulsively when the ground begins to burn under their feet. The atmosphere is bad and they can't do nothing good if it will be like that. Coach talking crap and not helping his team at all, Falasca setting like an amateur with big "help" from "awesome" receiver Zatorski.
    Yellow cards deserved. The first one maybe to quick but... I don't know, I won't defend them 'cause they behave like that in Plusliga as well though they don't get yellow cards (and sometimes I think they should). But those yellow cards are not the reason of disastrous performance by Skra.

• It's not sad. He deserved because he's absolutely NOTHING as a coach. Skra suppose to represent polish volleyball but this season they're in a little hole which becomes deeper and deeper. I can't understand that excessive confidence which club president has given to Nawrocki. I don't get it.

Yeah, I should put it in another words. I think, that Nawrocki is a favorite of Piechocki and nobody's gonna kick him out from Skra. It's just like a Stoychev in Trento, but he's there because of results, so maybe it's a little bit wrong example. Nawrocki has a nice position in polish volleyball, at all. It's unbelievable for me how typical teacher of PI lessons in just 2 year became to on of the best coach in Poland. And this nomination for coach of national team... :wacko: We'll see how long he will stay in Skra. It's really tought for him, because now he must show his skills in coaching. 'Cause Skra isn't stronger, but the other teams are.