Germany NT 2011

• German federation released a list of 19 players for WGP today. Mareen Apitz is not in the list (on FIVB site she is the 20th player), so I guess she won't join NT again :(

Sad... :S but I like Denise Hanke as well. She's developing year by year.

• Corina Ssuschke's wedding ceremony. Furst looks so beautiful with her red dress.

http://www.volleywood.net/voll…na-ssuschke-wedding-pics/

• Lena Möllers got an ankle injury in training camp and returned to Vilsbiburg for medical checkups. Mareen Apitz joined the team today after finishing her last exams for her job education :)
    Guidetti will announce the 14 players for WGP before the matches against Italy, and only those 14 will play in these matches too. Italy will probably come with the same team that will play a tournament in Brazil this week.

• Lena Möllers got an ankle injury in training camp and returned to Vilsbiburg for medical checkups. Mareen Apitz joined the team today after finishing her last exams for her job education :)
    Guidetti will announce the 14 players for WGP before the matches against Italy, and only those 14 will play in these matches too. Italy will probably come with the same team that will play a tournament in Brazil this week.

Im sorry for Mollers, but Im happy for Apitz...its that ok? :lol: :P

• :D Of course...Apitz would have joined anyway, she didn't only come because Möllers got injured...

:D
    that is great! :)

I hope she make in the 14 list! :) Thought I know its hard...cause its natural and fair that Weiss and Hanke take the 2 setters vacancy. :) But It will be good for her to work with the team :)

• German roster for the friendly matches against Italy and WGP:

S: Kathleen Weiß, Mareen Apitz
    Opp: Margareta Kozuch, Saskia Hippe
    OH: Regina Burchardt, Anne Matthes, Heike Beier, Maren Brinker
    MB: Nadja Schaus, Kathy Radzuweit, Corina Ssuschke-Voigt, Christiane Fürst
    L: Kerstin Tzscherlich, Lenka Dürr

Denise Hanke will also be in the roster for Italy matches because Apitz isn't at 100% right now, but Apitz will play in WGP. Guidetti said that the decision never was as hard as this year because all players made great progress and have individual strengths. The decisions in favor of Apitz and Burchardt were made because he thinks their experience can help the team a lot this year, and this is not the year for trying out things because we need good results to have a good situation in qualification for OG 2012.

• I think you misunderstood me ;) He chose Apitz because she already has a lot of experience and in fact she is not so young, she's older than Hanke and Möllers. For us WGP is very important to gain points for World Ranking, so maybe we get a 2nd qualification chance for OG if we don't qualify in the first European tournament.

• I think you misunderstood me ;) He chose Apitz because she already has a lot of experience and in fact she is not so young, she's older than Hanke and Möllers. For us WGP is very important to gain points for World Ranking, so maybe we get a 2nd qualification chance for OG if we don't qualify in the first European tournament.

Ok sorry, I read again, and delated my last post....hehehe

well I dont think Apitz is more experience then Hanke, though she is older, Hanke played much more in NT, so in that point I dont agree with Guidetti justification..hehehehehe.....but again I think it will be a good chance for Apitz to show her game! And that makes me glad, makes me glad she recieves this oportunity ^^

I think she has what it takes...^^ So I wish her good luck in NT! ^^

• IMO is not fair little bit like Guidetti treat Hanke...it was at ECH 2009 where he took Mollers at last instead of Hanke?....now again he took Apitz...and I think Hanke should be 1st setter now, because Weiss doesnt impress me too much

and one more question - Matthias,please, what happened to Bouagaa - she is still playing volleyball or refuse to play NT or what happned to her?

• Bouagaa had several serious injuries in the last years (shoulder, knee) and now hasn't played for about 1,5 years. I don't think she'll return to playing professionally :S

I agree that it's a little unfair towards Hanke, but I have to admit I think Apitz played extremely well in Dresden last season, she was one of the main reasons for their success. And I'm not sure if she has less experience than Hanke, she played in NT in 2006-2007 and always played European cups with Dresden too. So after all the decision is not as unexpected as the one in 2009 in favor of Möllers.

• IMO is not fair little bit like Guidetti treat Hanke...it was at ECH 2009 where he took Mollers at last instead of Hanke?....now again he took Apitz...and I think Hanke should be 1st setter now, because Weiss doesnt impress me too much

and one more question - Matthias,please, what happened to Bouagaa - she is still playing volleyball or refuse to play NT or what happned to her?

I agree with you. I miles prefer Hanke to Weiss. Denise is a great server, and also sets quite well for her age and expereince. but sadly Weiss always has been playing with the team and about Combinations and Teamwork... so I think Guidetti can't let her out of the NT.

• Bouagaa had several serious injuries in the last years (shoulder, knee) and now hasn't played for about 1,5 years. I don't think she'll return to playing professionally :S

I agree that it's a little unfair towards Hanke, but I have to admit I think Apitz played extremely well in Dresden last season, she was one of the main reasons for their success. And I'm not sure if she has less experience than Hanke, she played in NT in 2006-2007 and always played European cups with Dresden too. So after all the decision is not as unexpected as the one in 2009 in favor of Möllers.

thank you, I didnt know what happened to her, its sad, she was a very good player
    Im not watching German league, so I dont know how they are playing there, but if Apitz is in a great form from league, i will take her and Hanke...Hanke is the future of German team...and i have nothing against Weiss, but i think Germans biggest problem is setter (and good receiving OH) :)

I agree with you. I miles prefer Hanke to Weiss. Denise is a great server, and also sets quite well for her age and expereince. but sadly Weiss always has been playing with the team and about Combinations and Teamwork... so I think Guidetti can't let her out of the NT.

:thumbsup: only thinng i really doesnt like on Weiss, she is quite quick (she is small), but her sets are not very precise...i dont know if its only my point of view

• I don't think German NT has problem except OH positio..Weiss is really a good setter.She has strong serves, she is fast and play with the team since many years..Kozuch+Fürst are %50 of that team and she knows how to use them.Guidetti's choices are true for me. I hope Beier won't play in starting six.I really don't like her and I think she doesn't deserve to play in starting six. Even it would be better if promising young player played instead of her. :win:

I have looked Germany's opponents in WGP and I decided that Germany is in very hard groups.They will play against Brazil,Japan,China,Russia,Italy,USA.. These are really strong opponents.They will play against Korea and 2xPeru in the groups and for me they are the favourites only in these matches.

• Yeah, Heike Beier is completely weak compared to other european OHs. and unfortunately I don't see Brinker developing year by year as not I except. It is a big pity.
    and about setters...Weiss is not bad, but I'd like to see Hanke or even Apitz as main setter.

I totally agree that Maggie and Chris are more than 50% for German Team. ^^

• yes Chris and Gosia are 50 % of the team and Gosia is one of my favourite players, but still IMO she is not level of Angelina...if there will be Angelina, Maggie and Chris, that will be fun :cup:

• e

Grün is a legend I guess :lol:
    Maggie used to learn a lot from Angelina when They were in the NT together. I miss her very much. She was such a wonderful person and player. can't forget the seasons she played for Bergamo with Leo,Picci and so on.

• Grün is a legend I guess :lol:
    Maggie used to learn a lot from Angelina when They were in the NT together. I miss her very much. She was such a wonderful person and player. can't forget the seasons she played for Bergamo with Leo,Picci and so on.

and Milena Rosner !!!! :P yes yes that was a season, i miss Angie too

• perhaps we gotta add Ssuschke as well. Corina Ssuschke has played so well in the last 2-3 years. so Let's put her to Maggie and Chris duo, and make 60% of the Team :lol:

here's my starting 6 for German NT.

Weiss-Kozuch
    Fürst-Ssuschke
    Brinker-Burchardt
    Tzscherlich