Germany NT 2011

• Matthias do you have info about the certain date of Turkey-Germany friendly match in Istanbul?

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• According to our federation there will be two matches in Istanbul on 10 and 11 September. Germany will also play a friendly match against Czech Republic on 19 September as last test before ECH.
    There are no news about Grün yet in Germany...

• Finally it's official, Angelina Grün is really training with the team since last week :dance6:
    The news wasn't published earlier because they wanted to give her time to see if things really work out and if she can find a way into the team and get used to indoor volleyball again. She will only play ECH if she is really in a good shape, and not just because she is Angelina Grün.

Friederike Thieme is out of the team now, and Guidetti asked MB Berit Kauffeldt to join the training today. I hope this means she also gets a chance to play. The matches in Turkey next weekend will be a good chance to see what our team is like at the moment, according to Guidetti we will play there with the 14 players which are also going to ECH.

• Finally it's official, Angelina Grün is really training with the team since last week :dance6:
    The news wasn't published earlier because they wanted to give her time to see if things really work out and if she can find a way into the team and get used to indoor volleyball again. She will only play ECH if she is really in a good shape, and not just because she is Angelina Grün.

Friederike Thieme is out of the team now, and Guidetti asked MB Berit Kauffeldt to join the training today. I hope this means she also gets a chance to play. The matches in Turkey next weekend will be a good chance to see what our team is like at the moment, according to Guidetti we will play there with the 14 players which are also going to ECH.

That is great indeed! :)

I hope she can come back playing clubs too...I miss her in Foppa! :)
    She is incredible player, for me she was once the best in the world, so rally happy to see her back...I hope she can recover her best shape :)

• Little interview with Angelina Grün in Istanbul i will try to translate as much as i can :win:

''I played my last match here in Istanbul after i have started to my Beach Volley career and it was not succesfull as i expect.After i wanted to be a part of this strong team (Germany NT) coz i still have lots of power to play volleyball.Germany NT has high targets and we want to achieve Olympics with team.I am training with team for 2 weeks and i didn't decide to play in a club next season.There is nothing certain yet,i love Turkey.When i played here i had a very good year.We will see together that i will play here or not again.''

Source : http://voleybolunsesi.com/cont…p?cid=13&id=10909&topic=2

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Thanks StarNight for translation ! :drink:

Would be great to see Angelina again in club, again in Vakif :D

• Germany is still practising with 16 players, Guidetti will decide the final 14 just 1-2 days before travelling to Serbia.

S: Weiss, Apitz
    Opp: Kozuch, Grün, Hippe
    OH: Beier, Brinker, Burchardt, Matthes
    MB: Ssuschke, Fürst, Radzuweit, Kauffeldt
    L: Tzscherlich, Dürr, Thomsen

On 19 September will be the last preparation match vs Czech Republic.

• I hope Angelina will come and Thomsen and Matthes will stay at home

• I also want Matthes and Thomsen to go home, but I'm pretty sure Guidetti will bring them to Belgrade :lol: He is extremely stubborn with his favourite players. What is so great about Matthes? Nothing. Thomsen? She struggles at reception even though we all know that her position is libero.
    I'd choose Thieme or even Grohmann in stead of Matthes (I know they already stay at home and can't play for ECH) damn Guidetti :white:

• Guidetti´s probably kickin´ Thomsen and Kauffeldt out of the team. It´s sad that Friederike Thieme is already out, but since Hippe is there again, i guess it´s kinda clear Guidetti nominates her.
    Even though i don´t understand how one can let Hippe play volleyball, anyway...

Personally i would get rid of Thomsen, Hippe and Matthes. Nominate Thieme and Grohmann for Hippe and Matthes.
    Keep Kauffeldt and get Radzuweit out. But Radzuweit is probably gonna stay with the team, ´cause she plays in a foreign club, not in Germany...Unfortunately Anja Brandt and Nadja Schaus are injured, so he has to keep Radzuweit...

*sarcasm mode on* It´s gonna be a tough decision for Guidetti to keep Radzuweit, Hippe and Matthes in the team...*sarcasm mode off*

• Well, it´s public. Just read the roster for today´s match against the Czech Republic. This is, as far as i know, also the official roster for ECH.

Lenka Dürr, Mareen Apitz, Kerstin Tzscherlich, Anne Matthes, Kathleen Weiß, Berit Kauffeldt, Lisa Thomsen, Angelina Grün, Corina Ssuschke-Voigt, Margareta Kozuch, Saskia Hippe, Christiane Fürst, Heike Beier, Maren Brinker

• Ah right, I didn't read until the end of the DVV article...Kauffeldt would be a positive surprise, but Thomsen and Matthes definitely not, especially not if it puts Burchardt out of the team after great performances this summer...Let's wait and hope until the final roster is officially announced :roll:

• One of my favourite female volleyball player Angelina Grün is back.
    (Most probably it's her last chance to play at ECH and event. qualify to OG)

• So, once again, it was wrong to believe Guidetti could make a good choice. Here is the official roster:

S: Weiss, Apitz
    Opp: Kozuch, Hippe
    OH: Grün, Brinker, Beier, Matthes
    MB: Ssuschke-Voigt, Fürst, Kauffeldt
    L: Tzscherlich, Dürr, Thomsen

Thomsen will play as "normal" player, i.e. as reception substitute. It is complete nonsense because Beier and Matthes could as well do that job, probably they even receive better than Thomsen. The problem is, we will certainly reach quarterfinals without too much trouble because UKR, FRA and ROM (probably our opponent in 2nd round) are not on a level to beat us. In QF we'll probably meet Poland and the chances there are 50:50 I think, so despite Guidetti's bad choices we can end up among top 4 because of lucky draw :roll:

• I think that with Angelina ,Germanty NT is (unfortenly :P ) stronger than Poland, but everything can happen :)