World Cup 2011

• I cant agree with you about De Cecco. For me is very good setter, and he saved about 10 awful receptions today, setting them to MBs, sent Pereyra 1 vs. 0 many times (he is bad so he couldn't finish that and that is another story)...

Who said he is bad setter? He isn't bad but on WC he is far from his best matches. Check WL performances, especially in Poland. Only 3-4 balls were set to MB after bad reception but overall he didnt used them often. If he did that result would be different. He was shadow in 2nd and 3rd set, also made big mistake @9-9 in 5th set setting to Pereyra on antenna and from 1,5 m distance. He was overracting with wing spikers and it was obvious they had huge problems in attack. If you want deeper analysis many balls were set that only what wing spikers could do is to spike in block. De Cecco isnt on 50% here. Setter is dictating tempo of play and he failed. Bright as sunny day. :wavy:

• My guys against the Italians the fourth time this year... It gives me goosebumps... I need a doctor :sos:
    Michał Ruciak :obey: :obey: I knew this guy is our secret weapon. I knew it. What a hero. Blocking Italians twice and he's not a tallest guy.
    Kuba Jarosz four ended attacks in a row in the beginning. Sounds like a miracle :obey:
    Piotrek Nowakowski, our cuban jumper and an oasis of calm in one :obey: :obey: His cooperation with Paweł Zagumny is just brilliant. And Guma today... also in block :obey:
    Captain Planet not bad, not bad :D Only one block but good attacks.
    Ignaczak today slightly better but it's not what this guy is capable of so C'MON IGŁA!!! :box:

Bartek Kurek :aww: What is wrong with this guy? ONE POINT. Only 1. Can you see that, people? It's a nightmare. Kurek, wake up, for fuck's sake! We need you tomorrow!
    Winiarski in attack doesn't shine as well. It's not the same brilliant Winiar. Not yet.

Guys, it's our lucky place. We lost with Brazilians here five years ago on WCh but we won with Bulgarians. Remember that and give your best tomorrow.

hehe easy to say :D we haven't won with Brazil for 10 years :D

9 years to be more precise. Until tomorrow... :super:

What is his real spike/block data?

Can you believe if I tell you that 385cm? :D 'Cause I can't believe it myself :aww: I guess it's some mistake on wikipedia :P

I hope, that KUBIAK won this fight with Travica under the net. Somebody can't accept defeat!

Can somebody tell what the fuck was that? :what: Anybody? Holy shit... It was a moment but I saw Travica and I'm not sure but he talked not nice words to Ignaczak (?). And then I saw Kubiak who appeared from nowhere. And Kurek running straight to them. And what more - Bartman coming there or rather jumping out in the field of view camera in the position of boxing... If not Andrea the Second I guess that Zibi would cross the line under the net and solve the problem with Drago making a spaghetti from him.

• :obey: :obey: :obey: :obey: :obey: :obey:

Oh God, I was waiting for this day for such a long time! Finally! :heart:

I really don't wanna talk about our game in these first two sets, 'cause that costed me way too many nerves. Imagine this...sitting in a freakin' class, having only your boys in your head, receiving sms' with the score all the time and freakin' out, 'cause you're not able to see this. I thought I will jump off the window. Then another message '22:19 in 4th set, Ruciak showing class', I couldn't stand sitting on a chair all the time seeing the score and being so unsure of what's going on on the court. I was literally looking at a crucifix hanging on the wall and almost praying for my guys not to screw anything :rolll:
    Then last message 'They did it. 3:2, 15:12, Ruciak MIP', I was smiling totally like a madman, and felt a need to say 'I love you' to my buddies, I seriously acted crazy, had to hug someone, just do something, 'cause it was hard for me to handle these looooong hours.
    Then I rushed to my home, and I was just in time to see the replay. Oh...I actually missed some points from 1st set, oh well. Not as entertaining as live transmission, but still better than nothing. But it was exciting anyway!

When I saw Andrea I already felt that they must have played some shitty game :lol:
    Italians demolished our reception, they were very confident at the beginning and we seemed to be lost. If I wouldn't have known the score, I would probably thought that we will screw this whole match with such attitude.
    Bartek Kurek was totally out of game, it wasn't his match at all, BUT having a balanced, equal roster is our huge advantage, and it was proven today once again :obey:

Ruciak is the maaaan :obey: He brought back lots freshness and positive attitude to our side of the net, it really warmed up my heart.
    He proved again, that he is really a valuable player, our refuge, we can always count on him, he is just amazing.

Havne't seen Zbigniew show.......I was waiting for that. Before POL-ITA match, he said that he cannont wait for it, 'cause he wants to show who's the best spiker of JW :lol: It was actually really hard for me to tell :lol:

I was glad to see Kuba on the court today. I guess not only me, he has lots of fans here :roll: :lol: He started pretty well, I was a little bit astonished with his start, but then everything came back to normal, Kuba sent the ball out, got blocked :D I thought it will be a necessity to bring Zibi back on the court, but Andrea had patience and it paid off, 'cause then Kuba started to play pretty well again.

Middles were awesome as well, some balls went out, they got blocked some times as well, but so what :D They were still great.

And Paweł Zagumny :rose: Classy. A perfect word for him. Beautiful cooperation with the middles, overall. And this lovely tip, I feel so happy to have such a great guy in our team.

I'm not gonna lie, near the end of 2nd set I was trying to come to terms with the possible defeat...I didn't lose my hope, but I was getting ready for the worst. And then..... :heart: Beautiful come back, reminds me a little bit of POL-RUS from '06 :obey: This is for my tears from 2008, Italians :flower: Jk, but seriously this win means a loooooooooooooot to me. I'm so proud of my guys as if they won a gold medal or soemthing :D

And the cherry on the top for the bittersweet end....Travica has to sing 'Poljska u mome srcu', for his pathetic provocations at the end.
    Bravo Michał, you daredevil :D Have you seen others- Planet, Kurek and some other guys coming to the net? :lol: Kurek was almost running actually :D Too bad it was the end of transmission :D

Chłopcy, let's win this WC! :heart:

Edit. Omg, I just noticed that this post turned out to be soooo long! Sorry guys :rose: (a really warm hug to everyone, who managed to read it till the end :rolll: )

• Edit. Omg, I just noticed that this post turned out to be soooo long! Sorry guys :rose: (a really warm hug to everyone, who managed to read it till the end :rolll: )

Thanks, 'cause I did it :)

What else can I say and add to your post - you said everything, what we can say about this match. It was like a rollercoaster - we were down, then we were high and we were there to the end. You must say, that I was right with Zygadlo - he started this match and we know how it looked like. Zagumny is Zagumny. Nobody's gonna replace him for a long time(Fabian, we're waiting!). I love him as his was today. He lived with whole players, he screamed, shouted, and showed the joy. He should start this match, but we are after match, we can talk what Anastasi had to do, earlier or later, anyway. The most important that we won.
    I wonder... In this tournament we played weak after a day of break(now we had a two days, so). I think, that tomorrow they will play much better. Of course, if they won't be afraid of playing with Brazil.

I'm just a little bit worried about Nowakowski, because, like someone said here, he looks like a zombie. That's true, I must say. He's tired, because he's doing here, in Japan, a really great job.
    I'm singing now 'Big in Japan', it's good song for a situation, which we have now.

Kurek wanted to fight with italians, because he knows their language :lol:

• Now the situation:
    Assume that Italy win over Iran and Japan, Russia win over Iran, Brazil win over Japan, all matches end in 4 sets. the points will be:
    Russia: 27
    Italy: 24
    Brazil: 22
    Poland: 24

So Poland vs Brazil is a decisive match.
    If Poland win 3 pts or 2 pts, three European teams would be top 3 and Russia vs Poland is a battle for championship.
    If Poland lose and gain 1 pts, Brazil would be 24 and equal to Italy, since Italy have smaller set ratio, Russia, Poland and Brazil would go to London. Russia would be the champion if they win 2 sets over Poland.
    If Poland lose to Brazil in 4 sets. Russia and Brazil would qualify for OG and Russia would be the champion, the match between Poland and Russia determines the last spot is Poland's or Italy's. Poland must win to clinch a spot on podium, because if they lose their set ratio is a disadvantage.

All in all, win as many points as you can, Polish guys.

• *huuuuuuuuug*

Yes, I expected Guma to be the starter, but as I said, I wouldn't be sooo surprised seeing something else ;) But Paweł appeared on the court, and that's the most importnat :)

Guys will have to handle this tournament, it's almost the end, and they're able to win it, so I'm sure they will give their best despite this tiredness.
    Can't wait for tomorrow! Guys, please win it. Somehow.

Kurek is jump the gun :D As most of our guys :D

• I'm worried about Kurek form. I like him, but I hope the coach doesn't insert him into first 6... :down:

"Jeżeli ktoś jest tolerancyjny, to powinien tolerować nietolerancje.
    Ja jestem nietolerancyjny i nietolerancji nie toleruje."
    [Lech Janerka]

"If someone is tolerant, it should tolerate intolerance.
    I am intolerant, and I don't tolerate intolerance."
    [Lech Janerka]

• Nowakowski - Zagumny MVP, MIP, MIB :thumbup:

• I can't explain how sorry I am thinking to this morning match, sorry beacuse we lost after cleary leading the match, and sorry because I imagine how sorry or better disappointed are my guys now... And of course I want them to by happy!
    Now trusting in them is not enough anymore, unfortunally... I hope the Polish player - that today demonstrate their great character - will be able to beat Brazil tomorrow, helping us like Serbia did three days ago. C'mon guys let's go for a all-european podium!!! :D

Ruciack :obey: :obey:

Jarosz in the important matches should remember that he isn't that good! He always forgets that in the crucial game :lol: :lol:

Zagumny blocks :obey: :obey: (and Sava too :rose: )

and..ok, I needed to wrote the follow part, but you feel free not to read, I won't be offended :P

About our (Italian NT) match, I honestly was enough confident we could win it, or better, I knew we potentially have the skill to do it, but otherwise I knew that we needed to be perfect to win. As always when I'm confident we lost, and when I'm afraid we won =.= But at this point of the tournament I didn't have many other chance that believe in us, you know :rolll:
    We started with maaany mistake (at 15:15 we did 6 serve errors and 4 attack errors!!), but beside that we were playing not so badly imo, otherwise we wouldn't be so close to Poland (or even in advantage). In fact as soon we stopped making mistakes, we conducted the game quite easily, not only thanks to us, but also because Poland wasn't play as they know.
    The second set went as the second part of the first, and Ruciack had already showned in the end that he could help the team a lot imo. I suddnenly realized he would have been dangerous for us.

In the third set I expected Poland to wake up, but not Italy to start sleeping. But I was sure they would wake up, I was like "ok, guys, I'm waiting for u to fill the point gap", and I was also quite calm and still very confident (my bad ç_ç). At 19-19 I was like "See, I told you!" (actually I weren't speaking to nobody, if not my computer xD). Then Poland made a break again, but I was still confident, even if less than before. They "listen" to me with the 23-23, but then... ;( This end changed the face of the rest of the match for us, I'll say.
    In the fourth set, our problem was the serve. As at the biginning of the first, we were keeping Poland in the match, like with 5 serve mistake on 7 Poland points! Absurd! Then I understand italians lost a bit the focus, looked more tired, Lasko was touched in block very well etc...
    Honestly I had two moments when I thought "ok, it's gone": the 12-6 of the tie break, but then they made me hoping again, and the 10-14, and then they made me hoping (a very little bit) again, until.... :( ;(

• I am very disappointed too... unfortunately now it is not in our hands... it is in other teams' misfortunes that Italy can progress to the Olympic games... what a shame?!!!

• It's funny 'cause before I wrote this number in answer on your question I was absolutely sure that there was written 385 ^^ So I guess it's changing like in a kaleidoscope and I would thank wikipedia for the knowledge which it includes :lol:

Beautiful come back, reminds me a little bit of POL-RUS from '06 :obey: This is for my tears from 2008, Italians :flower:

So I wasn't the only one who had kind of weird deja-vu feeling :D I was freakin' out watching first two sets. What I'm saying... :aww: I was freakin' out to the end of this match. But from the beginning I knew that we're gonna win it. I just knew it. I knew it since yesterday. I don't know but I felt it in some way. And when our guys started to fight in the third set I had no doubt. This match began to look so polish-russian. And in my memory was still this heartbreaking moment from OG 2008 so I kept to talk with my tv or rather say to my guys on tv: "Proszę dzików, dziadków i whatever... ZAPIERDALAJCIEŻŻE panowie!"

And the cherry on the top for the bittersweet end....Travica has to sing 'Poljska u mome srcu', for his pathetic provocations at the end.
    Bravo Michał, you daredevil :D Have you seen others- Planet, Kurek and some other guys coming to the net? :lol: Kurek was almost running actually :D Too bad it was the end of transmission :D

On the studio after the match was a continued of polish-italian tête-à-tête. When I saw it second time I noticed that Dragan had a lot to talk to Kubiak (I'm curious what considering the fact that Kubi didn't even appear on the court for a one freakin' minute). At first I thought that Ignaczak was attacked but he just found himself in the wrong place at wrong time ('cause he stood between Kubi and Drago). Of course, Kubi couldn't leave it just like that and felt a need to reply. Captain Planet did a quick move and was at the net in the twinkling of an eye :lol: Kurek even quicker :rolll: Then... end of the transmission. Tomek Swędrowski hadn't even time to react on what was happening at the net. But... coming back to studio. Here we have Zibi who was in his element and wanted Dragan to have a little meeting with his how muscular arms :D I should thank God that Andrea G was there but... I don't know :whistle: maybe Drago just should got some "nudge"?
    I keep searching any information what the matter was. I hope Zibi will be "talkative" again and enlighten us :D I heard that some other italian friend joined Drago and my first thought was "Mastro, for sure". But I was wrong 'cause I read now that it was Fei and I won't tell that I wasn't surprise. I was. Sasho, how could you? :aww:

I'm just a little bit worried about Nowakowski, because, like someone said here, he looks like a zombie. That's true, I must say. He's tired, because he's doing here, in Japan, a really great job.

I watched the match second time with my mum and I don't know... maybe I was too full of emotion watching it live... I noticed how Nowakowski looked like after my mum said: "Damn, he is barely standing on this court, I don't know if he won't pass out...". Then I watched him carefully and... Shit, he was barely breathing 8|
    Hmmm, maybe it's time to reheat another secret weapon which is Czarnowski?

Ruciack :obey: :obey:

Thank's for appreciating our little hero. I would do the same I mean do this :obey: if it comes to Fei but I heard that he took part in this "talking" at the net :pinch:
    But considering only his playing this feeling is stronger than me so... :obey:

EDIT. Btw, did you guys, I mean my countrymen watch an interview with Winiar on tv? I couldn't stop laughing 'cause he said in our lovely TVP1 in "Wiadomości sportowe" that "We were in big shit" and tv had to censored it :rolll: and Winiar's smile at the end when he noticed that he said not a beautiful word in an interview for public tv :lol:

"People wait all week for friday, all year for summer, all life for happiness."

Edited 2 times, last by bella ().

• Bartek Kurek :aww: What is wrong with this guy? ONE POINT. Only 1. Can you see that, people? It's a nightmare. Kurek, wake up, for fuck's sake! We need you tomorrow!

He lost from from Wl and ECH. Normal thing, it's impossible to play on such level for 6 months. So nothing is wrong with Kurek. :whistle: :wavy:

• BTW - and I'm not saying if it's true or not - Savani said at the end of an interview that "at the end of the match Kubiack did a bit the stupid".

Honestly I think that they where both wrong, Kubiack for taking the provocation (damn, you won, if someone doesn't know how to lose, walk away and don't lose your time with him) - and Travica for provocating (you lost, your fault, take it!), if he actually started it.

May be it started with a misunderstood: e.g. Travica did a comment but not personally... Is like if I say "Damn Poland!", it isn't offensive, it's impersonal, like "Damn you won that match! That suck and hurts", and Kubiack took it an offense vs him/the team.

• Miky, I don't think that Kubiak overreacted like that with no reason. I mean, I don't think he took personally Dragan's "joke". Dragan's face didn't look as if he was joking. And Kubiak isn't a guy with no sense of humour and he has a distance to himself. I just don't know... I don't want to accuse anybody. Actually, at first I laughed at this. After that I was curious what was goin' on. I hope it will be explained soon. And I hope we and Italians are ok ^^