Italy - Serie A 2011-2012

• Yes, Good Luck!!!!!!!

Non lasciare mai che la paura di perdere ti impedisca di partecipare!!

29th - Prediction Game - Women's European Championship 2011

• so yesterday Latina and tonight Roma-Macerata... definitely a nice volleyball weekend :lol:

anyway, the match wasn't that exciting but I was of course extremely happy to see Facu playing live because I thought I would have to wait until the end of the month.
    the first set was awful for S.Giustino, they played so baaaad, Petkovic didn't set much for Facu (or I had this feeling, I don't know because when I watch match live I get distracted easily :lol: ), the reception sucked (Facu was terrible most of the time, arghhh. 35% in reception :/ ), it felt like they weren't a team at all! but then something changed (who knows what Fefè had told them haha) and things to better.
    I really liked Creus (I still don't get why Modena got rid of him), though Urnaut won MVP (didn't realize he scored 26points..wow).

It was weird to me, anyway, to be in such a noisy Palazzetto :lol: here in Roma is always so quiet, there both of the supporters were great, though Latina's supporters did an AWFUL banner against Starovic. they wrote "money doesn't make you happy", which was really inappropriate thinking about his situation..at the end of the match San Giustino's supporters started singing "Sasaaaa Staroviiiic" , they were so nice :)

I haven't watched this match, as most of yesterday's matches, but I know Kuba scored 14 points with 48% in attack. He was the best scorer of Latina, along with Murphy (Kuba replaced him in 3rd set).

yeah he played a nice match, and I don't really get why he's a sub o_O

if you want to see the pictures, they are on my facebook and are public :) http://www.facebook.com/media/…8.370351.842793187&type=1

• At 18.00 Vibo Valentia-Cuneo will start on sportube!

At 20.30 M.Roma-Macerata, you can find it on fromsport (I guess) ad on volleyball movies, and when the match will end it will be trasmitted in Poland and Bulgaria on Eurosport2.

I can't wait to be at the Palazzetto, the last (indoor) match live I've seen is the V-day in May!! I hope this match will be more exiting!

ps: here the live score http://www.legavolley.it/DefaultRisultati.asp

pps: yes, Club Italia won again, 3-1!! (vs Molfetta...)

• Lol Cuneo!
    Vissotto is just :aww:
    I though on paper I was going to root for Cuneo, but found myself cheering for Vibo right now. Cuneo is seriously lacking something in the moment.

EDIT: Cuneo finally woke up!

• Piacenza started to play volleyball :serve:

• Today is Ivan Z. birthday

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• After watching the match M.Roma- Macerata, I've only one world:

Savani :white: :white: :obey: :obey: :obey:

9 aces!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was like "please, remember that is Zaytsev's birthday, don't be so rude" xD

About M.Roma there isn't much to say, we are playing badly :pinch: :sleeping: I apreciate enough Sabbi (he didn't play such good, but he did nice things), Bencz, Paolucci and Ivan, even if he wasn't to much effective in serve. And poor Ivan, I think Dante setted him like 2 balls in the whole first set :what: And the first one was a pipe that even a one-years- old kid could predict :what: I'm quite worried because he seemed pissed off...

In general, I expect MUCH more by Boninfante, we always spiked vs at least double block, he set not enough to Ivan, he was disappointing in defense, he didn't set well to Sabbi... :thumbdown:

Corsano started very slowly, then he increased his level. (I won't say more, because I had the great idea to complain about him in the bathroom, and his daughters were right behind me :aww:)

Lebl and his serve live in two opposite world. :wall: I think that a kid from Under 16 can serve better :thumbdown:

our "ultras" (super-fans xD): :down: they have a LOOOOT to learn from Polish fans. So quite :wall:

About Macerata, first of all I had no idea why Stankovic didn't play. I'll check it...

Well, there are no minus for Macerata, they probably (exept Savani in serve) didn't do nothing such extraordinary, but that was enough to clarely beat Rome. That make me realize how the hell strong is Macerata. (or how weak we are, but I prefer to trust in the first version...)

I thought that Travica didn't play so much with Savani (not so much even with Parodi, even if a bit more) because he knows how to play with him, but he still has to find a better cooperation with Omrcen and MBs, so may that's why he used them the most, considering that the score allowed him to do everything he wanted.

ps at the end I did many photos with the players :rose: :heart: (thanks Marta :flower: )

• Here all the result:

[Damn, if I had bet today, I would have won! I predict the final result (won/lost, not the sets) well for every match! But I was totally surprised to see Trento and Cuneo (and also Verona) going to the tie break...]

COPRA ELIOR PIACENZA - ITAS DIATEC TRENTINO 2-3 (21-25, 23-25, 25-19, 25-21, 10-15) - COPRA ELIOR PIACENZA: Ammerman 1, Marra (L), Kral 4, Sidibé 1, Papi 13, Zhekov 2, Nikolov 22, Massari 1, Zlatanov 22, Holt 7, Tencati 2, Penchev 1. Non entrati Marretta. All. Lorenzetti. ITAS DIATEC TRENTINO: Kaziyski 19, Birarelli 3, Della Lunga 9, Juantorena, Zygadlo, Vieira De Oliveira 1, Lanza, Sokolov, Djuric 9, Colaci (L), Stokr 27, Bari (L), Burgsthaler 2. All. Stoytchev. ARBITRI: Rapisarda, Satanassi. NOTE - Spettatori 3400, incasso 14000, durata set: 27', 28', 28', 29', 16'; tot: 128'.

ACQUA PARADISO MONZA BRIANZA - FIDIA PADOVA 3-1 (25-17, 25-22, 21-25, 25-23) - ACQUA PARADISO MONZA BRIANZA: Aleksiev 11, Rossini (L), Nikic 18, Forni 5, Molteni, Buti 9, Rooney, De Cecco 6, Gavotto 13, Shumov 3, Roumeliotis. Non entrati Ciabattini, Zhukouski, Mor. All. Zanini. FIDIA PADOVA: Garghella (L), Schwarz 7, Gonzalez 6, Tiberti 1, Cricca 6, Koshikawa, Rosso 12, De Marchi 8, Simeonov 19, Semenzato 3, Suljagic 4. Non entrati Giannotti, Zingaro. All. Montagnani. ARBITRI: Vagni, Santi. NOTE - durata set: 25', 27', 26', 31'; tot: 109'.

MARMI LANZA VERONA - SISLEY BELLUNO 3-2 (25-23, 25-23, 17-25, 18-25, 19-17) - MARMI LANZA VERONA: Popp 18, Ter Horst 2, Calderan, Meoni, Smerilli (L), Patriarca 11, Zingel 9, Casarin, Kromm 27, Postiglioni, Gasparini 16. Non entrati Kosmina. All. Bagnoli. SISLEY BELLUNO: Abdelaziz, Fei 34, Horstink 21, Kohut 10, De Togni 10, Suxho, Antonov, Sorato (L), Ogurcak 12. Non entrati Szabò, Dolfo, Curti, Cester. All. Piazza. ARBITRI: Sobrero, Ippoliti. NOTE - Spettatori 2000, durata set: 26', 27', 25', 26', 23'; tot: 127'

CMC RAVENNA - CASA MODENA 0-3 (29-31, 16-25, 20-25) - CMC RAVENNA: Mengozzi 5, Leonardi, Corvetta 2, Sirri 13, Tabanelli (L), Quiroga 1, Gallosti, Moro 12, Brunner 7, Gruszka 4. Non entrati Bendandi, Ricci. All. Babini. CASA MODENA: Manià (L), Sala 8, Diachkov 2, Dennis 18, Carletti, Kooy 11, Esko 2, Anderson 17, Piscopo 9. Non entrati Catellani, Bellei. All. Bagnoli. ARBITRI: La Micela, Castagna. NOTE - Spettatori 2800, durata set: 36', 24', 26'; tot: 86'.

TONNO CALLIPO VIBO VALENTIA - BRE BANCA LANNUTTI CUNEO 2-3 (26-24, 25-27, 25-19, 23-25, 11-15) - TONNO CALLIPO VIBO VALENTIA: Falasca, Coscione 2, Mignolo (L), Cernic 13, Diaz 15, Bratoev, Rak 7, Bonetti, Klapwijk 27, Barone 3, Fanuli (L), Nikolov 14. Non entrati Grassano. All. Blengini. BRE BANCA LANNUTTI CUNEO: Mastrangelo 12, Henno (L), Ngapeth 22, Fortunato 1, Wijsmans 6, Vissotto Neves 14, Grbic 4, Caceres 5, Patriarca 4, Rossi 5, Baranowicz. Non entrati Van Lankvelt, Pieri. All. Gulinelli. ARBITRI: Pessolano, Tanasi. NOTE - Spettatori 1600, incasso 7300, durata set: 33', 34', 29', 35', 17'; tot: 148'.

M. ROMA VOLLEY - LUBE BANCA MARCHE MACERATA 0-3 (19-25, 18-25, 16-25) - M. ROMA VOLLEY: Lebl 4, Paolucci, Maruotti 2, Zaytsev 7, Boninfante, Bencz 3, Corsano (L), Sabbi 11, Bjelica 3. Non entrati Ottaviani, Antonucci, Sorgente, Cisolla. All. Giani. LUBE BANCA MARCHE MACERATA: Lampariello, Pajenk 7, Savani 14, Exiga (L), Parodi 9, Travica 2, Omrcen 18, Podrascanin 6. Non entrati Stankovic, Monopoli, Van Walle, Randazzo. All. Giuliani. ARBITRI: Cipolla, Gnani. NOTE - Spettatori 2300, incasso 7300, durata set: 23', 27', 25'; tot: 75'.

Itas Diatec Trentino 8, Lube Banca Marche Macerata 6, Casa Modena 6, Bre Banca Lannutti Cuneo 5, Andreoli Latina 4, Tonno Callipo Vibo Valentia 3, Energy Resources San Giustino 3, Acqua Paradiso Monza Brianza 3, Fidia Padova 3, Marmi Lanza Verona 2, Sisley Belluno 1, Copra Elior Piacenza 1, M. Roma Volley 0, CMC Ravenna 0.

Trento and Padova played a match more

Notice that Roma and Ravenna both played vs Macerata and Modena, and they are both with 0 point...

• Lebl and his serve live in two opposite world. :wall:

Loooooool I serve better XD

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Loooooool I serve better XD

Me too :wall: Like half of my team, including 16-years-old girls... Since it's one year that he is serving such badly, I've no idea why Giani don't teach him a proper jump float serve. Because is totally ridicolus that he had to serve no-jamp, no-float, no NOTHING because he send 3/3 jump serves in the middle of the net...

• I thought that Travica didn't play so much with Savani (not so much even with Parodi, even if a bit more)

Actually, Savani attacked 15 times and Parodi only 11. I don't know how I had the impression that Savani spiked more than Parodi, probabaly because Parodi was more effective.

I totally missed that Savani was blocked 3 times :what: (for the record, the only three times that we blocked someone in the whole match). I was to focus on his amazing serve :white: And Van Walle that couldn't believe in his eyes :lol:

• In fact, out of the serve line, Savani had awfull stats in this game! :lol:

• Wjisman got injured in the 4th set and it looked very bad, cause the team took him out of court. I thought it was awful. However somewhere in the 5th he was back on court, which means it wasn't that bad, as he was able to get back and play til the end.

• About Savani's 9 aces:

http://dal15al25.gazzetta.it/post/25618665#comment

Only 4 players before him managed to score 9 aces in the same match (nobody did more than this).

Ramon Gato (nel 2005/2006 with Verona)

Matey Kazyiski (with Trento nel 2008/2009)

Rodrigues Anderson (with Cuneo nel 2005/2006)

Osmany Juantorena (last season)

I think Juantorena is the only one that, like Savani, did it in only 3 sets

But his own is an absolute record if you check the tot serve: Savani 21,Gato and Kazyski 24, Anderson 26, Juantorena 28.

So, he has the best% ace/tot serve. But they both made 4 mistake, so I think they're kinda odd ^^

• Actually, Savani attacked 15 times and Parodi only 11. I don't know how I had the impression that Savani spiked more than Parodi, probabaly because Parodi was more effective.

I totally missed that Savani was blocked 3 times :what: (for the record, the only three times that we blocked someone in the whole match). I was to focus on his amazing serve :white: And Van Walle that couldn't believe in his eyes :lol:

Normal for match in three sets with leaving opponent under 19 pts in all sets. How should be attacks for you? :what: there is Omrčen also and no matter what he is first attacking option in Macerata :wavy:

• Normal for match in three sets with leaving opponent under 19 pts in all sets. How should be attacks for you? :what: there is Omrčen also and no matter whathe is first attacking option in Macerata:wavy:

Well, I was a bit surprise because Travica could have chose whoever he wanted considering how the game was going, and since he knows better Savani and Parodi I thought it would have been more balanced. For example, he used the pipe very few times if I'm not wrong (I clearly remember only once, but I can't swear it was only once), even if - I can promise it - our block would have never be dangerous for a pipe :lol: . I really had this clear impression that they weren't served too much. Or at least, less than I expected.

ps: I wrote "only 11" not for the numebr itself (as you said, isn't wierd in a match like this), but because I had the impression he had more sets than Sava ;) And I was surprised that Sava had 15 sets, I thought he had less! (the same for Zaytsev)