2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• Honestly there is no difference to end this second round first or third...

Everything done so far is usless now.....so many matches....dont know...I think Quarter Finals System would be more fair...

• when is draw?

siatka.org claims that it should be done tonight directly after last match in Łódź (Poland-France), so it should be done right now or soon :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• so we got lucky at the end, it looked impossible yesterday . :P maybe we deserved a little luck, after all USA and France both lost a point to Belgium but it didn't carry to the 2nd round since Belgium didn't advance.

Velasco :obey:

• Maybe both countries concern him because Velasco was head coach of Iran and he's playing together with Urairte in Skra Bełchatów :wavy:

Haha this dude knows he's a sweetheart to Poland, doesn't he. :D

Poland won 3-2 so we have situation when France has 17 points with W-L 5-2 and Poland has 16, but has 6-1...

So it's time for a draw :D

Honestly I don't think ending #2 is a bad idea. It guarantees that Poland will not meed Russia in the next phase...

• Avoiding Russia is of course a good thing, let's see how will it go further :D

• Will it be too prosily to predict that groups would look like this?
    France, Poland, Germany
    Brazil, Russia, Iran.

• Will it be too prosily to predict that groups would look like this?
    France, Poland, Germany
    Brazil, Russia, Iran.

It's version pro-host and unfair, the biggest loser would be Iran here...

• It's version pro-host and unfair, the biggest loser would be Iran here...

Kondzio, can you make it clear for me? Russian commentator has said that if Poland will end up 2nd in the group (and that has happened), it would mean that Poland will not be in the draw but automatically be placed in the same group with the winner of their 2 round group (i.e. France). Or was he confusing something as Russian commentators do most of the time.

• Kondzio, can you make it clear for me? Russian commentator has said that if Poland will end up 2nd in the group (and that has happened), it would mean that Poland will not be in the draw but automatically be placed in the same group with the winner of their 2 round group (i.e. France). Or was he confusing something as Russian commentators do most of the time.

This is unclear for me too. Brazilian broadcasters have said that, if Poland is 2nd or 3rd and placed with Brazil, Poland would still play both matches in Lodz, which means Brazil would have to play both in Katowice and Lodz. I don't get it. 8|

• Kondzio, can you make it clear for me? Russian commentator has said that if Poland will end up 2nd in the group (and that has happened), it would mean that Poland will not be in the draw but automatically be placed in the same group with the winner of their 2 round group (i.e. France). Or was he confusing something as Russian commentators do most of the time.

As far as I know only France and Brazil are seeded. Rest teams will be drawn, no restrictions here. I think that both 2nd ranked/3rd ranked teams ccan't be in the same pool, but I'm not sure about this...

we may have even the same teams in one pool...

For me it's a bit mess right now and I can't check anything on FIVB to deny/confirm anything :wacko: IMHO one pool will play in Łódź (this with Poland) and the other one will play in Katowice :wavy:

• Draw's results:

Pool G (Katowice): France, Germany, Iran
    Pool H (Łódź): Brazil, Poland, Russia

As we can see two 2nd ranked are in one pool and two 3rd ranked in one pool :wavy: FIVB :aww:
    It'll be a miracle if Poland will advance to SF...

• Draw's results:

Brazil, Poland, Russia
    France, Germany, Iran

As we can see two 2nd ranked are in one pool and two 3rd ranked in one pool :wavy: FIVB :aww:

Say what? :what: :what: Shocked beyond all limits! That's gonna be one hell of a group!

• FIVB won't stop surprising us :whistle: I thought that we and Russia can't be in one pool and we have something like this :what: :thumbdown:

• The best scenario for the teams from the former Pool E is to be in a group with Brazil/Russia and Germany. Thus, they can beat Germany (who are arguably the outsiders) and being in a group with one of Brazil and Russia, they will avoid them for the 1/2 finals. Being in a group without neither Brazil or Russia puts them in a good position for the group stage but it also almost 100% means that they'll have to face Brazil/Russia in the semis. But, I don't know what's the situation with Brazil and how many injured they have (Wallace + Murilo + Sidao?). They have proper replacements for each but nevertheless they'll be weakened.

Having said that, I would HATE to see the two groups like this:
    Group 1: France, Poland, Iran.
    Group 2: Russia, Brazil, Germany

And to my knowledge, there is a 17% chance for it can happen.

Edit: Now I saw the results and all I wrote is now for the bin.

Woooow! I REALLY like these groups. Great chance for France/Iran/Germany to reach the semis. And we have a second group of death now :D