2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• One of the problems of world ranking is that all continental tournaments have the same weight which is ridiculous. Either both Americas should have one tournament, as well Africa with Asia, or Europe should give twice as many points.

The FIVB ranking system only rewards finishes and not match wins. (Yes, wins mean you should finish better)

But the FIVB does not take into account regional strength. Plus, it does not take into account the strength of your opponent.

In my system I have 2 different levels,within the region (NORCECA Championship, World Champ and Olympic Qualifiers) and then international tournaments. The International tournaments increase the points by 75% and then the rank of your opponent.

With my ranking point system for this year only with the World League and World Championship, Iran would be 5th in points this year. However, because I do take into account results of the last 4 years, they are now 9th after today's win.

They will be ranked higher next year in my system and by the FIVB.

• Tillie continues with subs - Le Goff, Toniutti and Rouzier got rest :D
    And congrats to Germany - last team in 3rd Round ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Poland will be placed in Pool H, per FIVB Media Guide.

This will get really weird if France beat Poland because they would play again on Tuesday.

Change that per twitter
    FIVB Volleyball ✔ @FIVBMensWCH

According to POLSAT request, the host team will play the third round matches on Wednesday and Thursday

• Poland will be placed in Pool H, per FIVB Media Guide.

This will get really weird if France beat Poland because they would play again on Tuesday.

There still will be draw of lots. And whichever pool Poland play in will be in Lodz.

• Essentially POLSAT is telling us that Poland will finish 3rd in the Pool. Nice to know that the FIVB is working with their partners to ensure that Poland have a chance to advance to the semifinals. Just give them the extra day of rest.

• Wow, after that tough beating yesterday and a bad start today the team pulled themselves together. It could have gone in the other direction as well, but Grozer was a true leader.

Now please bring on some team from the other group, just not Brazil and Russia again. :obey:

• Essentially POLSAT is telling us that Poland will finish 3rd in the Pool. Nice to know that the FIVB is working with their partners to ensure that Poland have a chance to advance to the semifinals. Just give them the extra day of rest.

Maybe they wanted to do it, maybe they didn't want to, I can't watch it ;( but Poland grabs third set and they can't be third because they are above Iran :wavy:

• Bulgaria will finish 14th on this WCH, which is record low for us, since the 13th place in 2002. We have the most participations after Russia and most of them are in top 8 or 10.
    P.S. By the way, I just made 4000 posts! :drink:

• That was a great victory for Argentina. He has every right to celebrate it but I don't like his message to Polish and Iran fans. Poland/Iran's qualification must not concern him.

Maybe both countries concern him because Velasco was head coach of Iran and he's playing together with Urairte in Skra Bełchatów :wavy:

• France wins Pool E, so standings are:

Pool E:
    1. France
    2. Poland
    3. Iran

Pool F:
    1. Brazil
    2. Russia
    3. Germany

And what will draw give us ?(

• Using the psychology of the individual by Jeeves Conte seems cocky and arrogant with the personality type who was probably a bully in school. It's natural for him to tease the opponent, thus relieving himself of dissatisfaction that Argentina didn't qualify for the final six /did this WCH looks like WL only to me?/ :D

• Poland won 3-2 so we have situation when France has 17 points with W-L 5-2 and Poland has 16, but has 6-1...

So it's time for a draw :D