2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• What to say about Italy? Finally my theory proved right. Simply, this Italy isn't big team in terms of quality of talent. You have Travica, one of the most overrated players in last 10 years. Shaky OH's, Lanza isn't NT caliber, MB's doing everything good except their primary job - blocking. Only class player for me is Rossini, although he didnt play good either. Most of you wont agree with me but this is my opinion. Berutto... for me he is great coach, what he did with Finland is brilliant but in some way I think he got lost in team full of "stars". Italian tactics based on Zaytsev, one man teams can no longer exist. They need to rebuild team from bottom, first of all to find decent setter and OH's.

Haven't watch Bulgaria but I can imagine how they looked like after reading Yavor's comments. They cant replace 2 the best MB's, Yosifov maybe isnt that good be he has reputation unlike Gotsev f.e.

Russia blown away Finland :obey:

• That was quick :huh:

Bulgaria, aj :S That was like a warm up for Brazilians. Bulgarians were spanked really bad. 3rd set could give a little hope, I mean, at one point I was hoping they would somehow bounce back, but well...they didn't. The game was very one-sided, too one-sided sometimes. Sorry to see Bulgarians losing in such fashion. Hopefully they manage to pull themselves together and show some decent game in the upcoming games :S

And yet another miserable performance from Italians... :gone: They were already pathetic before Zaytsev got injured, and now without him things are even more out of hand. So that would be it...

Russia trashed Finland really bad. I haven't seen the game, but damn it, the score is really massive.

Meanwhile French guys are getting closer to the victory over Argentina :) 21-14

• How about Gotsev out, Milushev in? Lucky sub!

I wish any substitution worked! I would be OK even with this one, but truth being told - Bulgaria wasn't ready at all for this match! They entered kind of scared, no spirit, nothing. Sokolov killed very few balls and served right only once, I think. Let's face it, we are very dependent on him. In fact, Bulgaria has always been dependent on any opposite we've had, it's just our style. The biggest question mark of all - why did Aleksiev enter the field at the end of the third set at a two-point advantage for Bulgaria to RECEIVE instead of Penchev, who had actually been doing relatively fine? Two mistakes by him and we practically lost the set. Not that I saw an even remote reason to win it otherwise. Congratulations to Brazil, they were almost perfect in the early stages of the match, later they needed only 60-70% to finish the job. A match, yet another one, our guys should forget as soon as possible. I don't know what it would take to change the game style again for Germany tomorrow. Unless we beat them, we're out.

• Any working link for Poland x USA ??? Every link that I found is banned

• Any working link for Poland x USA ??? Every link that I found is banned

Try this, it works for me ^^
    http://www.frombar.com/2014090…5118.35060731-889263.html

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Iran-Australia 25:23

Pretty average, but even game so far. Point by point. Iran with some silly mistakes, but still managed to win the opening set. Tashakori in the starting lineup instead of Gholami

• USA grabs 1st set, but Poland could come back after such behind - from 14-20 to 23-23, but USA win 27-29 :(

• USA grabs 1st set, but Poland could come back after such behind - from 14-20 to 23-23, but USA win 27-29 :(

What's most important is to keep that fighting spirit alive :thumbup:

• 25-21 Iran :)

Guys just keep doing their job. Not a very exciting match. They do, what's need to be done in order to win, without losing too much strenght. Australians are not totally giving up, but their efforts are being extinguished either by their own mistakes or Iran's game. One more :)

Poland 20 USA 22

• Poles again choking in first serious match and opponent..

Pressure as always ;( and they lost points in key moments in both sets :(

• Pressure as always ;( and they lost points in key moments in both sets :(

What about their mentality? Heads down, defeated, absent minded? No uplift after this impressive chase from first set?

• No matter how much I've respect for Glenn Hoag but some his decisions I cant understand. Nicholas Hoag is the most efficient player fo first round and today he started on bench. Instead him Winters is playing. Hoag is killing potential of his team by doing so much rotations every match. It's annoying