World Grand Prix 2012

• Does anyone know if Neslihan will play 2nd round in Serbia?

She will play in Serbia.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• By the way Giel impressed me very much.She has a bright future with Cuba :win:

• By the way Giel impressed me very much.She has a bright future with Cuba :win:

Hehe do u really mean that? :D

Giel is the best spiker, best scorer and has most stuff blocks of all right now. 18 blocks in 3 matches and 56 points with 58% rate in attack :cheesy:

• Considering the next 2 weeks, which teams do you think will play in Finals in China? My candidates are:

-China
    -USA
    -Brazil
    -Italy
    -Japan (they have easy opponents in second round)
    -Turkey(If we loose Cuba in Serbia, most probably Cuba will be there instead)

• Making predictions about the qualified teams seems nonsense to me. It depends on giving importance for most of the teams. After seeing the first week matches i am not sure what will happen next rounds. On the other hand, WGP schedules has not distributed equally to the groups. In that respect, this tournament looks like interesting at least for me.

Talking about Turkey, we must be there at the finals in Ningbo and collect some remarkable points in terms of climbing higher positions at the Ranking List. Turkey has a big chance now and must use it with main role players.

• Making predictions about the qualified teams seems nonsense to me. It depends on giving importance for most of the teams. After seeing the first week matches i am not sure what will happen next rounds. On the other hand, WGP schedules has not distributed equally to the groups. In that respect, this tournament looks like interesting at least for me.

Talking about Turkey, we must be there at the finals in Ningbo and collect some remarkable points in terms of climbing higher positions at the Ranking List. Turkey has a big chance now and must use it with main role players.

I am quite sure next week the teams will use their best players..Barbollini may not use the best players but I think other teams will..

I think if we can win against Cuba next week we can be there in China for finals but I am not sure about the victory after I have seen such a great performance from Cuba today..I hope the best for us :D

• I am quite sure next week the teams will use their best players..Barbollini may not use the best players but I think other teams will..

I think if we can win against Cuba next week we can be there in China for finals but I am not sure about the victory after I have seen such a great performance from Cuba today..I hope the best for us :D

With all my respect to Cuban team i believe it did depend on mostly our bad performance at today's match.

• With all my respect to Cuban team i believe it did depend on mostly our bad performance at today's match.

Our performance was really bad and shaky no doubt and we seemed quite exhausted today..I mean, I did't see the light in their eyes..Esra played like ''blokların gülü'' today :lol: :lol: And her receiving was rubbish too :D

• Our performance was really bad and shaky no doubt and we seemed quite exhausted today..I mean, I did't see the light in their eyes..Esra played like ''blokların gülü'' today :lol: :lol: And her receiving was rubbish too :D

It was an accident. :) No need to be worried, i think.

• Our performance was really bad and shaky no doubt and we seemed quite exhausted today..I mean, I did't see the light in their eyes..Esra played like ''blokların gülü'' today :lol: :lol: And her receiving was rubbish too :D

you can not expect a decent game from a player who received 47 times :whistle: (total receiving of team was 80)

• With all my respect to Cuban team i believe it did depend on mostly our bad performance at today's match.

No, it wasnt. They didnt played good obviously, but it doesnt matter so much. Because the thing is, that every time when Cuba and Turkey face each other, the outcome is first of all up to how Cuba plays the game, if they play good in reception and defense like today, then Turkey simply cant do so much because they will get over-powered deluxe.

• Totally agree with you Anton.
    And I would add that it works like that with most of the teams against Cuba. I really love watching them play and I strongly believe they would easily be among the top 4, 5 teams in the world. They are just phisically superior to everyone.
    But they need badly someone that can work on their attitudes and obviously on reception and defence, which is obviously a big issue in today's volleyball.

• Yanelis Santos is worth mention too, in this three games, she has 51 points and 75% rate in attack (!!) :obey: :cheesy:

yes she is incredible , my favourite Cuban player for long years :rose:

• cuba's federation should straighten their heads up if they want to get to the elite level :hit:

• I was looking to stats and just saw that Santos had 19 serve errors in 3 matches :white:

Can someone explain Running sets and Still sets? What is FIVB's base on Best Setter rank? Matthias? :)

• I was looking to stats and just saw that Santos had 19 serve errors in 3 matches :white:

Can someone explain Running sets and Still sets? What is FIVB's base on Best Setter rank? Matthias? :)

As far as I know, running sets means the opponent does not have an organised block, i.e. the opponent MB is "running", and still sets means that the opponent can put up a "still" double/triple block. That's what I was told once...

Here is FIVB explanation for all stats: http://www.fivb.org/en/volleyball/VIS.asp