World Grand Prix 2012

• Next week will be the Final Round, right?

How many teams will participate?

(sorry for asking, but since Dutch NT doesn't participate in WGP last two years, I don't follow it intensively)

• Next week will be the Final Round, right?

How many teams will participate?

(sorry for asking, but since Dutch NT doesn't participate in WGP last two years, I don't follow it intensively)

6 teams: China + Top 5

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I see USA and maybe also Italy and Russia ahead of them.

Dont forget about China, they can really finish before them IMO. Maybe also Japan and Turkey as they play now, I mean Japans A-team ofc, and actually even Serbia if they find some way out of their slumping play right now while getting some injured players back. Pretty much all good teams in the world is threats for Brazil right now, and its a bit sad even if I dont like them.

• cuba is simply choking in their own errors...

• God, Cuba simply stopped playing and makes error after error in 5th set :wall:

I don't think so that they can back to the game like Thailand with Japan

• Dont forget about China, they can really finish before them IMO. Maybe also Japan and Turkey as they play now, and actually even Serbia if they find some way out of their slumping play right now while getting some injured players back.

Yeah China makes a good impression but so far they didn't have any strong opponents, I'm waiting for their matches against Cuba and Brazil this weekend.
    If Japan can play like in 2010, they will definitely be a contender for medals again. Also Turkey can be a dangerous team if they are in best shape. But Serbia...I really can't imagine them playing 100% better than now in 6 weeks, so I guess they might not even survive preliminaries, or maybe even won't win any match considering their opponents. Korea can beat them if all their players are healthy in OG.

• Weird substitutes in Brazil: Brazil is with Adenizia in zone 2 instead of OPP - two middles in front row in back row we have Fernandinha, nice block but lost strength in spike, the substitute ended ^^

• I didn't count Cuba's errors in 5th set but I think it must have been about 7-8, and it's impossible to win a tie-break with that many errors. The result could have been even clearer...

If they can reduce this amount of errors Cuba can become one of the strongest teams.

• What's wrong with Claudino? Does she have some injuries? It seems like She is not in a great form at all.

• Yeah China makes a good impression but so far they didn't have any strong opponents, I'm waiting for their matches against Cuba and Brazil this weekend.
    If Japan can play like in 2010, they will definitely be a contender for medals again. Also Turkey can be a dangerous team if they are in best shape. But Serbia...I really can't imagine them playing 100% better than now in 6 weeks, so I guess they might not even survive preliminaries, or maybe even won't win any match considering their opponents. Korea can beat them if all their players are healthy in OG.

I know Serbia is for sure not a threat now but maybe if Djersilo and Nikolic comes back they can create a miracle hehe, but no your right, Serbia has very small chances to beat even a Brazil in this bad shape, as u say, OG is too early in time.

• Why didn't K-Y-K play against Turkey ?? Does she have an injury?

• either out of shape or resting

Korea will play in OG, maybe it's like in Japan or Italy, of course she shouldn't be overloaded and that's could be the reason - it looks like Korea is giving up WGP