World Grand Prix 2012

• It's always a problem with Grand Prix, the pools are extremely imbalanced and even more so when some teams decide to tank or play with weaker squads.
    The whole system needs to be thoroughly revised, but knowing FIVB, it's not going to happen.

One idea would be to make drawing of lots for pools according to world ranking. There would be 4 groups according to world ranking:

Best 4: USA, BRA, JPN, ITA,
    Next 4: CHN, SRB, GER, DOM
    Next 4: CUB, TUR, THA, KOR,
    Worst 4: POL, ARG, PUR, TPE

Then, in every pool of WGP would be one team from each of these groups, and there should be a rule that teams can meet each other max. twice during preliminaries. Even though this system wouldn't be perfect either, there would at least be some limitations. For example a pool like we had this year with BRA, USA, ITA, GER would not be possible, and it would be guaranteed that there is some balance and a team like THA could not play 4 times against teams from the worst group. Of course, some countries sending their B teams would cause problems for this system as well, because for example POL would be in the worst group from world ranking but they are definitely better than DOM's current team. But then, there is no perfect system for everything...

• Believe it or not, it's true, we'll see in the next two days ;)

Yeah, looks like brazilian tv also confirmed would be in Round-Robin!!! :S but men, If that happen FIVB will be really desorganize, to annouce one thing and chance ust few days of the final phase! :S

• something more about german team i guess they miss angelina grün in wgp too much... especially in the important and hard matches like with usa and brazil , germans couldnt take crucial points so they couldnt win if grün had been there evrything could be more different :cup:
    u know if germans had taken one match from brazil or usa they would be in finals :aww:

• the drawing for FIVB world grand prix is just ridiculous :down: , nobody knows how to draw the groups, we only know the host of each will not face each other in a week

• Yeah, looks like brazilian tv also confirmed would be in Round-Robin!!! :S but men, If that happen FIVB will be really desorganize, to annouce one thing and chance ust few days of the final phase! :S

I heard the same, at first they said it will be divide into two groups, and then changed ( we don't know why :white: ), until few days ago, some of my friends bought the tickets for final in Ningbo, They said each day has three matches, so everything is clear :rolll:

• Well on the FIVB page theres still info about two groups so if it really turns out to be Round robin system its going to be just ridiculous
    Though i would prefer Round-Robin - more games :thumbsup:

Where ?? Can you give me link ??

I saw on Media Guide in WGP 2012 page , it is said that they will be played in a round-robin format.

• I hope both Rondon and Signorile won't be playing in NT anymore. It seems to be a big mistake that I said Italy has a lot of talented setters. Italy simply can't play a balanced volleyball with such setters like them. Only Leo Lo bianco and Francy Ferretti are outstanding, others are not yet. Rondon is just terrible and Poland had a big advantage in block today. It's rather funny Poland lost this match even though Rondon helped Poland a lot...

• I hope both Rondon and Signorile won't be playing in NT anymore. It seems to be a big mistake that I said Italy has a lot of talented setters. Italy simply can't play a balanced volleyball with such setters like them. Only Leo Lo bianco and Francy Ferretti are outstanding, others are not yet. Rondon is just terrible and Poland had a big advantage in block today. It's rather funny Poland lost this match even though Rondon helped Poland a lot...

thanks to camera singnorile and rondon...many teams could improve their block...
    however,we also could not blame them,first...terrible reception,second...they are no enough experiences,third...they had little time to play with MB in training.
    sooooo relax...
    :drink:

• this one is really good
    [size=x-small]Italy
    coach Marco Bacci: "Congratulations to Poland because they are going to
    the WGP finals. It was very difficult to play against Poland in this
    match today, but my girls became more determined to win after losing the
    first two sets, so finally we won the match."[/size]

[size=x-small]Italy captain Serena Ortolani: "I'm so happy that we could win today, and congratulations to Poland on the WGP finals."[/size]
    F6 mystery continues :what:

• omg what? are they in finals ? :mad:

• yeah :rolll: :rolll:

update :

Deutschland über Türkei (24.06.12) also.

Prediction Game :
    5th place - Olympic Games 2012
    Bronze - World Grand Prix 2012
    Gold - Liga Femenina de Baloncesto de España 2011-2012 (as "LV")
    Silver - EuroBasket Women 2011 (as "LAT")
    Gold - FIBA EuroLeague Women 2011 (as "LAT")

• Congratulations to Poland because they are going to
    the WGP finals

It doesn't matter, now in Poland We have on every portal amazing new- Divers found an UFO on the Baltic seabed. I'm only curious from what this article want to distract attention, probably from Poland's fall in Euro.