World Grand Prix 2012

• FIVB rules are so all over the palce, not even teh teams know how it goes....

with Italian comments...what makes us think 8 quali to final round?

Really everything just a mess at this point. :S

• FIVB rules are so all over the palce, not even teh teams know how it goes....

with Italian comments...what makes us think 8 quali to final round?

Really everything just a mess at this point. :S

So maybe Germany is in final round and doesn't even know? :lol: But right now I guess final 6 with 2 pools is the most likely, that's what's written on WGP formula section.

• How will be final groups? Anyone knows how they will be made?

FIVB says " It will be played over five days and teams will be distributed in 2 pools of each 3 teams."

http://www.fivb.org/EN/volleyb…randPrix/2012/formula.asp

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• I'd say it's not that we don't want to play good but we can't. We treat every match very seriously. Even when our main players have a little injury, we still send them on the court if they still can play. But this time, our main setter really suffered from serious injury and our coach bare not let her play anymore. You know we always like to play with our main players no matter how important the tournament is. So the substitutions hardly have any chance to play with the main players. This is especially serious when it happens on the setter. Our OH's reception are always not good enough. Hui Ruoqi is the best of them, but you see, she still cannot avoid many mistakes. With Fan Linlin on the court, our reception is a disaster, and she is not a good attacker too. Just as what I had said before, our substitutions's level is far away from our main players. So it's not strange to see they play bad when one or two of our main players off the court.

Actually the fans in our country are also very angry about our bad performance and worried our OG prospect. But all in all, we did really treat this tournament seriously. we have been playing with our main player until the last match when something wrong happened to Wei Qiuyue. If you blame us just because we didn't play good only one match, then you can blame those teams who never took their main players in this year's WGP a thousand times.

China did take the whole tournament seriously, there is no doubt about that. They wouldn´t have finished 2nd, if they wouldn´t have done so. It is just today´s match.

Well, sometimes i had the feeling, that also Germany always played with the main players in the past, regardless if they played good or bad before, or if they were injured and how important the tournament was. Something, i absolutely don´t like at all. I agree with you, that this is not good as the substitutions don´t have a chance to play with the main players and don´t get used to their style of playing, or in the case of setters the, well, demands of the attackers.

I think, China wasn´t really into the game today. They knew, they´re already in the finals. It is only natural, when you have reached the final round of a tournament, that you don´t risk anything and let the substitution players play. I have no problems with that. Nonetheless, China´s performance, in my opinion, was a little bit strange to say the least.
    The problems they had in setting was a result of the bad reception.
    Also, the attacks, regardless of a good or bad setting, weren´t really
    aggressive enough. But that´s just my opinion for today´s match.

However, i do not agree, that the level they played today, will be the same in London. It simply won´t be. I´m sure, in London China will be back as strong as we know them. The whole team, the whole organization is focused on that one tournament. Olympic games, that is.

Cheers, bro :drink:

• Poland captain Katarzyna Skorupa: "Congratulations to Italy. Although we knew we could go to the World Grand Prix finals before playing this match, we still wanted to win."

Maybe she wanted to say they knew they could NOT go to finals...and Bracci and Ortolani just congratulated her because they didn't notice her mistake...

• So maybe Germany is in final round and doesn't even know? :lol: But right now I guess final 6 with 2 pools is the most likely, that's what's written on WGP formula section.

actually i was very angry when i heard that poland in finals though being not in 6, but if germany play in finals too that would be ok for me :lol:

• In match report about CHN-BRA is written:

Till now, the legs of the World Grand Prix 2012 that lasted for three weeks ended up completely. Six teams, including China, USA, Turkey, Thailand, Brazil and Cuba would compete in the finals of WGP in China.

So I guess Skorupa is really the source of confusion ;)

• Poland captain Katarzyna Skorupa: "Congratulations to Italy. Although we knew we could go to the World Grand Prix finals before playing this match, we still wanted to win."

Maybe she wanted to say they knew they could NOT go to finals...and Bracci and Ortolani just congratulated her because they didn't notice her mistake...

Poland won't take part in Final 6 because She got 8 place.

or maybe she just wanted to say yep we r in finals but we want to win this match too u know some teams dont care its matches cause of they r in finals even if they lose

• Maybe BRacci and Serena just didnt understand what Skorupa meant???

hehehehehe

I really dont know what to think anymore..

one thing if for sure. nothing is clear...which is terible. FIVB should let everything clear from beggining.

• There is information pollution on the internet and everything will become clear within this week. We'll wait and see. ;)

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• whats happened to Massimo and Ortonali? :rolll:

• London must increase imediately to pick up Thailand, Cuba, Germany and Poland .

Prediction Game :
    5th place - Olympic Games 2012
    Bronze - World Grand Prix 2012
    Gold - Liga Femenina de Baloncesto de España 2011-2012 (as "LV")
    Silver - EuroBasket Women 2011 (as "LAT")
    Gold - FIBA EuroLeague Women 2011 (as "LAT")

• From siatka.org

5:46 pm

Cel Brazylijek został osiągnięty - dzięki trzem punktom awansowały na piąte miejsce i wraz z Kubą, Chinami, Tajlandią, USA i Turcją zagrają w Ningbo o zwycięstwo w tegorocznym cyklu World Grand Prix.

Brazil's goal was achieved - thanks to three points moved up to fifth place and, along with Cuba, China, Thailand, USA and Turkey will play in Ningbo for victory in this year's World Grand Prix series.