European League 2012

• Well, I'm getting annoyed. Dutch girls are playing like "No matter how the results will be, We are so tired. We wouldn't even care even if We can't make a ticket for WGP 2013."
    No Spirit, No Team working at all.

• Well, I'm getting annoyed. Dutch girls are playing like "No matter how the results will be, We are so tired. We wouldn't even care even if We can't make a ticket for WGP 2013."
    No Spirit, No Team working at all.

Totally agree.

You know, I have always supported them, and I will continue, but I can't understand why they are not more determined to win...it makes me very angry.

• They play like robots, no SINGLE emotion. :mad: :mad: :mad:

It's disgusting :hit: :hit: :hit:

• Congratulations to Czech Republic :flower: :flower: :flower:

They showed the RIGHT mentallity :!: :!:

• Congrats to Czech Republic. It's gonna be their first WGP. Aneta Havlickova is just amazing... :white:

What a huge disappointment, Dutch Girls...What the hell were you thinking? :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

• Im sad for Holland, cause I think they are definetly improving!

But czechs deserved the place in WGP, so powerfull. So Congratulations Czech Rep.

Two new teams in next WGP: Bulgaria and Czech Rep...that must be interesting.

• I agree with you, Joana. The players we could see only in Club Volleyball such as Yaneva, Filipova, Vasileva, Havlickova, Havelkova can play at WGP. This is a good news :thumbup:
    Well, I'm also feeling sad for Holland, But I think It's obvious they lost, because basically They didn't even want to win. They were probably thinking going home and what to do after the match during the match :thumbdown: Absolutely awful match for Holland.

• No spirit, no fighting, NO VICTORY. I feel sorry for Dutch team.

I really can't understand Flier. Why she takes a break in national team at this time ? She didn't play in the group stages, that's ok but F4 is a big question mark to me ?

Anyway congrats Helena and her teammates

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• cause I think they are definetly improving!

with such mentallity you can't win against a good team. It has been a chronical problem for many years now.

In many countries, becoming a professional athlete is the only way to escape from poverty !!! So you should win any match !!! In a very rich country like the Netherlands sport has to be 'fun' at the first place. Losing a match is no disaster. That's a huge difference in mentallity :!: :!:

• EXACTLY !!! That's why I am so angry !!!!

stam grothues are useless now

only wensink is fighting

dijkema is ok today

• Totally agree.

You know, I have always supported them, and I will continue, but I can't understand why they are not more determined to win...it makes me very angry.

I think you guys are being to hard on dutch girls. ;) I think they tried to fight and come back to the game, but czechs were to powerfull today, have to remember there is another team in the other side of the net, and they played really well also.

the dutch girls made some silly mistakes yes, but they were clearly annoyd with that, that is not the posture of someone that is not giving a damm imo. ^^

• Wow!! :white:

What I like mostly in her is not the fact she is mighty like valkyrie, or she is pretty like princess, but the fact she makes extremely low number of errors. She is high quality volleyball player, not only because her power, but because her technique and precision too :flower:

• I think injuries will help BUL, Karakasheva&Rabadzhieva combo is more balanced OHs so that they can use their monster MB Filipova more :win: Moreover Vasileva is certainly more effective as Opp than OH :whistle: But still will be hard to beat Serbia A

As I said before Karakasheva&Rabadzhieva combo works well by letting Filipova take too many balls and Vasileva shows that she is way more effective as Opp. Serbia is totally wasted. Now I really wish Thailand would make OG instead of them :down:

Also congratulations for Czechs, both BUL and CZE have great potential with their young but experienced rosters. Only think they need is international experience on NT level although most of their player already have been playing in high level in good clubs. NED and SRB most likely wouldn't be able to get ticket in the tournament in September. They loose very big opportunity :whistle:

• Usually I don't like Nenova either, but today she is doing OK, at least she can use Filipova very effective now. With Yaneva instead of Karakasheva and Neli Neshich instead of Nenova (I know, it's unrealistic ;) ), Serbia would have no chance at all.

Serbia's performance is getting more and more shocking...it's not that they play extremely bad, but they are so far away from how they could play, and their body language is really negative. No motivation, no fight, just hanging heads and shoulders :thumbdown:

Who is Neli Neshich :what:

• Who is Neli Neshich :what:

Maybe you know her as Neli Marinova...Bulgaria's legendary setter in the 90s and 00s and she also played very successfully in Italian clubs (often together with Zetova). As far as I know she retired in 2008 or 2009 (and much earlier from NT), but she was a very good player, much much better than any of Bulgaria's current setters.

I couldn't watch 2nd semi but it's sad to read that Dutch girls didn't play well :S But on the other hand it's nice to see two young and growing teams who invest a lot in their future in WGP next year :win: It will definitely help them on their way to the top, and Volleyball in Europe gets more and more balanced!

By the way, a funny fact: the final of EL is the same battle of coaches as last season's final of Italian league, Carlo Parisi (CZE/Busto Arsizio) vs Marcello Abbondanza (BUL/Villa Cortese). :thumbsup:

• Of course I know Marinova, but he must be more than 40 now so I thought you were talking about some other young Bulgarian who was not taken to the roster :huh: I remember Neli at CL match some years ago (It was Perugia or some other Italian team as far as I remember ) Is she married with Dragan Neziç or just sirname similarity ?(