Italian NT 2012

• Anyone knows what is the problem between Barbolini and Leonardi? In ECH she wasn't allowed to receive, after ECH she was out of the team and she doesn't return this year either. I think she is better than De Gennaro and Sirressi...though it is hard to compare because all Italian liberos are really good, but Leonardi is playing extremely well in Busto.

• On the Grand Prix thread it was mentioned that Barbolini would be having two training groups. More notably than Ferretti or Leonardi is the absence of Cardullo, Gioli, Del Core, and Costagrande. Maybe Ferretti and Leonardi will be playing with that group?

• Anyone knows what is the problem between Barbolini and Leonardi? In ECH she wasn't allowed to receive, after ECH she was out of the team and she doesn't return this year either. I think she is better than De Gennaro and Sirressi...though it is hard to compare because all Italian liberos are really good, but Leonardi is playing extremely well in Busto.

I just wanted to say the same, Matthias :win:

Massimo, Where is Leonardi :?: :?: :?:

She is playing a superb season so far and one of the best Italian libera, together with Cardullo and Merlo :teach: :teach:

• I hope so. Everyone knows Lo bianco is a legend, but can't do everything alone. Ferretti deserves to play in Italy NT. She can help the team quite a lot, at least when Leo needs to take a rest.

• Why Centoni doesn't play in national team?

• There are a lot of liberis better then Leonardi (Cardullo Merlo Carocci Sirressi). I remind you that she recive with Marcon XD The absence of Ferretti is the most important. The others (Leo Cardu Del Core Costagrande Gioli) will be in the group but I don't know if will be added other players.

Italy NT have two problems: the second setter & the opposite!

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• @ Loca

Sirressi and Carocci better than Leonardi ??? Come on, you must be kidding ;)

By the way, libero is receiving AND defense...and at least concerning defense Leonardi is much better :teach:

• Couldnt agree with u more! Leonardi is absolutly fantastic in defense IMO, and she is a real warrior. All credits for Yama´s huge success this year goes to Helena, Lloyd and Bauer, but Leonardi deserves her share too I think!

• Couldnt agree with u more! Leonardi is absolutly fantastic in defense IMO, and she is a real warrior. All credits for Yama´s huge success this year goes to Helena, Lloyd and Bauer, but Leonardi deserves her share too I think!

:drink: :drink:

• Guys, lets wait, this is just part of the group!

There will be another group that will keep training with Barbolini during Grand Prix, let wait to see who will be. ;) 16th april we will know. ;)

But about Ferretti, Barbolini does have a problem with her. well they ahve a problem with each other. They fight in the past after 2008, cause Ferretti wrote in her book she was upset she didnt recieeved much chances to play in Olympic Games or something like that, and Barbolini got upset she did that, It was something like this the history....and since then Barbolini dont like calling her. Last year he talk with her, and they seemed to get understood with each other, but then, problems again, there is why she is not offen called. But maybe she will be still again, never knows.

• :drink: :drink:

I do not think so... I prefer other liberos. The only think I like about Leonardi are the first 3 letters of her surname!

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Joana, I've heard about the story as well. What they need is to talk each other. It's sorta obvious that Ferretti could not have many chances to play because theres always has been such a legend setter like Lo bianco in front of her. Well, What a pity or What a luck, Italy has a lot of talented setters. Well, I hope they both solve the problem and Ferretti will eventually be called again. No fight Please.

About Leonardi, I have to agree with Sander and Anton. Leonardi played an amazing season this year, obviously better than Sirressi and Carrocci. Leonardi shows how A Libero makes volleyball more fun. She is such a gift In my opinion.

• I watched all season on tv. To be honest, Carocci, Leonardi and Sirressi are 3 strong liberos. Carocci is amazing receiver, Leonardi is amazing digger, but Sirressi is both amazing receiver and digger; so I think she was the libero of the season. For sure she was best player of her team, the only one who played very well all season.

• Joana, I've heard about the story as well. What they need is to talk each other. It's sorta obvious that Ferretti could not have many chances to play because theres always has been such a legend setter like Lo bianco in front of her. Well, What a pity or What a luck, Italy has a lot of talented setters. Well, I hope they both solve the problem and Ferretti will eventually be called again. No fight Please.

About Leonardi, I have to agree with Sander and Anton. Leonardi played an amazing season this year, obviously better than Sirressi and Carrocci. Leonardi shows how A Libero makes volleyball more fun. She is such a gift In my opinion.

The thing is, they did talk last year, and she got back for European Championship, but then he didnt call her for World Cup, so I dont know If they fight again or what...:S

• The thing is, they did talk last year, and she got back for European Championship, but then he didnt call her for World Cup, so I dont know If they fight again or what...:S

No one knows What Barbollini thinks about. It's kinda viewable that He doesn't consider to recall Centoni back and used to call Rondon all the time even though She struggled a lot.

• "A better than B and C" ... " Oh no C better than A and even D better than her ..."
    Well, maybe we forget than our fav sport is ... collective.
    For instance, the choice of the libero : it's obvious than Cardullo :heart: and Croce who made important championships with most of players who will be in London are in first line because they know the habits of all their partners.
    Leonard will probably be in the other group ; but her season had been longer and tougher than the season of Siressi or Croce.

• Barbolini is a Sphinx ... :roll:
    But sometimes we all see his mistakes : Simona Gioli opposite :white: ... Mmmmmhhhh :serve:

• and yes, I wouldn't understand Barbolini's choice if Nadia Centoni doesn't take part in the 2nd group ...