Italian NT 2012

• :lol: i know when piccinini and cacciatori went here during the wgp 2000 they were darlings of the crowd so it is already established that they are very popular no question about it but then the issue is about the turmoil ongoing inside the italian nt so that will not be so much a factor UNLESS what you are trying to say is gioli, leo and others are jealosu of picci's popularity.

Of course they are. Leo even tried to take her place as Foppapedretti capitan, when Grun went to VakifBank. The club choose Francesca and she was really pissed.

What they are, Piccinini is more! That's the truth.

• I'm rally sorry for this situation..it is very sad! it makes us clear that the situation in NT is very bad, relationships are false and there is no group! I think Francesca did the right job by saying all ths as I hope that after her declarations something really changes quickly! I hope that besides all this articles the girls find themselves all together to clear out the situation...it is unbearable! anyway till noe I side with Francesca for the courage she had and the responsability she decided to take
    all in all I agree with Ravens#7

• The jealous part - Picci said some of her playmates didn't support young players because they felt endangered.. you get the point. They are young and have time to improve... 30+ and overrated

i'm sorry to say that gioli and leo and del core have no need to be jealousy because your 'young girls ' have another lower level. and some 'young girls' in fact not young. young turn old, it's normal.you mean italy NT will be better in london if there are not these three ladies?everyone watching volleyball will be laughing out loud.

• i'm sorry to say that gioli and leo and del core have no need to be jealousy because your 'young girls ' have another lower level. and some 'young girls' in fact not young. young turn old, it's normal.you mean italy NT will be better in london if there are not these three ladies?everyone watching volleyball will be laughing out loud.

I didn't say they shouldn't play.. The 3 of them deserve their place.. In that moment there wasn't a better setter then Lo Bianco, neither a better middle thatn Gioli.. but Del Core! There she played very bad especially in reception which is her primary task since there are Gioli, Arigeti and Constagrande for the scoring.. During the OG there were rumors that Barboilini didn't sub her out immediately with Picci because there was some kind of agreement between the 2 of them (can't remember exactly - if someone does, write it) She was subbed when she played really really horrible and then the next set she was playing again.. And just saying they are were and are jealous of Picci - just face it

• 5th place at World Championships, 4th place at Euro Championships, 5th at the Olympics. And we could have won everything.

Yes, you could have won everything--like at World Cup 2011 when you were not there!!!!! Maybe her attitude created the poisonous atmosphere. She is too proud to admit the team is better without her there. First, she scares away Aguero, now this. What a prima donna. She may have been good for the Azzurri in the past, but PIcci must go!

• Yes, you could have won everything--like at World Cup 2011 when you were not there!!!!! Maybe her attitude created the poisonous atmosphere. She is too proud to admit the team is better without her there. First, she scares away Aguero, now this. What a prima donna. She may have been good for the Azzurri in the past, but PIcci must go!

Is this a joke? :what:

The team is better without her. :what:

What are you saying? Italy most important players are Piccinini and Cardullo. Without them we have not reception. Olympics show that. And to be honest Costagrande is not as good as people believe. She spikes really well with fast sets, but with slow and high sets she is a normal player. Her olympic games have been terrible! Italy would have lost even to Japan if Piccinini didn't enter on court. Her skills changed the match and Italy won. I talk about Costagrande just because Del Core is one of 3 who can't go to sit on bench because they're bosses in the team. :aww:

PICCININI SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON COURT ALWAYS!

• Yes, you could have won everything--like at World Cup 2011 when you were not there!!!!! Maybe her attitude created the poisonous atmosphere. She is too proud to admit the team is better without her there. First, she scares away Aguero, now this. What a prima donna. She may have been good for the Azzurri in the past, but PIcci must go!

With all due respect WC 2011 is considered a fluke, IMO. Brazil had their worst season in the last decade, China was no where near their peak, USA gave away the title on letdowns to Germany and Japan, Serbia tanked due to injuries. Far away from their 2007 win where they won in a dominant fashion with Picci as one of the main reasons for that performance. One person does not create a poisonous atmosphere and "maybe" is the key word in your sentence.

The best thing she said was that others were not comfortable with her fame and visibility. She is undoubtedly the most recognizable Italian female volleyball player and perhaps the in the entire world. To pretend that would not create animosity amongst women in a team sport is entirely unrealistic. As to her being a prima donna, there is no evidence in her behavior to support such an insult. How did she "scare away" Aguero? Is Picci also responsible for "scaring away" Centoni, Ferretti, Anzanello, and Guiggi as well? Obviously not. Their exclusion is entirely based upon the decision making and relationships with Barbolini. They are world class players who would be starters on many other NTs in the world that were not even training with the NT!

As she explained her health was as stake. For Barbolini and/or Leo to even insinuate that she was behaving like a diva or being lazy is not only offensive but cruel, particularly in the case of Leo who has had her own share of health problems. I fully agree with Picci because everything she said matches up with what happened this summer. She didn't point any fingers or blame she merely explained the situation.

• Piccnini and Cardullo are the most important Italian player?

Are u fucking kidding me?

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Please tell me who are the most important players for Italy?

No reception means no set to the MBs. No reception means Lo Bianco even worse than usually and we saw it in the olympics... Who's more important than Piccinini and Cardullo? Del Core? Bosetti? Costagrande? Come on, explaine what you mean.

• Please tell me who are the most important players for Italy?

No reception means no set to the MBs. No reception means Lo Bianco even worse than usually and we saw it in the olympics... Who's more important than Piccinini and Cardullo? Del Core? Bosetti? Costagrande? Come on, explaine what you mean.

you make a joke...

how about foppa's reception?so terrible,yes,piccinini+del core=setter running always,dont tell me you could not watch matches.

how about ferretti played last season without good reception...

if you watched enough italian NT matches, you could find a truth del core is key of team reception, not piccinini,that's why Italian NT could not get the championship of 2008 OG.

BTW,it is a group,it means all teammates are heros.
    i hope girls could be tolerant each other.
    in my opinion,leo picci gioli del core,all of them should be out of new italian NT list,to make sure new coach have real power . new coach could choose the players himself,and remove other effects

• that is because piccinini was just sharing her views on the situation of the nt without pointing anyone in particular but players such as leo and del core blew it out of proportion

• Bonetti, Foppapedretti Bergamo's president, also broke the silence and came to the press to defend Piccinini. He said:

"I think Piccinini had first to talk about the problem she had: she was accused as traitor cause she didnt go to NT, but the truth, WE CAN CONFIRM, she had serious problems that the national team tried to hide, not only from us but alsofrom the athlete. This to me is immoral, when Lo Bianco had her problem, Piccinini and everyone was close to her, I dont understand why she had to be criticized. She is for sure a great girl, that used to represent volleyball's image, and you ladies must know, a bit jealousy happens, and so Gioli, Del Core and Lo Bianco had a bit of jealousy. I can speak freely cause Piccinini is no longer our player, so Im not defending our player, but Im defending and amazing person".

• :thumbdown:

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

• Bonetti, Foppapedretti Bergamo's president, also broke the silence and came to the press to defend Piccinini. He said:

"I think Piccinini had first to talk about the problem she had: she was accused as traitor cause she didnt go to NT, but the truth, WE CAN CONFIRM, she had serious problems that the national team tried to hide, not only from us but alsofrom the athlete. This to me is immoral, when Lo Bianco had her problem, Piccinini and everyone was close to her, I dont understand why she had to be criticized. She is for sure a great girl, that used to represent volleyball's image, and you ladies must know, a bit jealousy happens, and so Gioli, Del Core and Lo Bianco had a bit of jealousy. I can speak freely cause Piccinini is no longer our player, so Im not defending our player, but Im defending and amazing person".

Well stated.

• :thumbdown:

Your comments are so subjective... so not objective.. I never had or said something against you.. but this whole situation with Lo Bianco really pisses me off. I know what's like when you like a player and they say something bad about him/her.. But if it's the truth - accept it. I wish Logan was attacking like she was 4 years ago but she isn't.. in the past she was USA most reliable, now she has only 5 - 6 attacks in a game.. That's the truth whether I like it or not..

• I don't like the timing of this statements, my "comment" was about it.

It is normal that with the time a player is not the same

• i think if piccinini could show the same playing level as her fame,nobody will jealousy of her.

i recalled 2008-2012,she played good just one game - 2010 WCH vs USA.

ok,maybe i could add the several fatal balls in the london vs JAPAN!

what she has done to the team? SHOW THE FAME AND CRITICISM.

wish the next NT coach and young girls will love her,a great player.

• right 1 set only and bad game...... WOW :aww:

president forgot something.....
    leo had her health problem,however,she played all the matches of World Champion 2010.
    Picci chose to refuse the World Cup 2011.
    It is not right or wrong between two choices,but themselves rights.
    In my opinion,leo could not use her own choice as a standard to appraise other players.however,that's why I like her because leo never say no to Italian NT...Paradox