Italian NT 2012

• She has the same caracterostic of Lucia Bosetti and Marcon. Negrini is very strong in back row! I put also Lo Bianco, Cardullo and Piccinini, I wasn't looking at the age

yes she is quite strong at the back row (but I think there are other players much stronger) but I'd prefer Viganò or Marcon to her that are also quite efficient in attack...Negrini didn't show good performances in Villa Cortese two years ago, to me her level is getting worse that's why I didn't understand why you would call her in NT

• In Villa she used to sub Hodge in back row.
    I haven't seen her playing this year, the last time I saw her was when she played in Villa... I don't know after the pregnant how she will play.
    Yes, also Viganò is strong in br, she will play this first part of season as libero!

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• New interview with Piccinini: http://www.volleyball.it/notizie.asp?n=50781&l=0

The main points:
    - In 2011, when she was not feeling well in summer, NT doctor checked her and said everything was alright, then when she came back to Bergamo she was checked by another doctor and it turned out that she had serious problems with her thyroid which were the reason for her illness. She missed World Cup because of it and nobody from Italy NT cared about her health and she says that Lo Bianco accused her that she missed World Cup out of self-interest...

- This year, she did everything to make it to the Olympics, she accepted training with the young players for 4 month without complaining because an Olympic (gold) medal is the only thing missing for her, but Italy was not a group and there was no chance they could win, she knew Olympics would be a nightmare already before they went there.

- She says Barbolini has a weak character and is too easily influenced by other people, the journalist asked who and she says "the senators, who now are with him in Istanbul", and if Barbolini stays NT coach Piccinini will not return to NT. She hopes that other people will now have courage to speak too, because in NT, uncomfortable people who do not accept the "system" there are made outsiders.

• This seems a spanish telenovela!!!! :down:

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

• and the drama continues.....I am looking forward to what Barbo, Leo and Simo will answer.

As I mentioned in my previous posts. This is not the right step Piccinini goes. It only makes the situation worse. They should clean their problemes together behing closed doors. This has nothing to do with freedom of expression as some here claimed. It is just said for the other NT-players and for the NT.

• Piccinini rejects Lo Bianco and Barbolini's accusations and replies to them.
    Today on Corriere della Sera (the most important daily newspaper in Italy) her last declarations. The journalist describes her as a mix of anger and sadness, reporting that she cried several times during this interview.

"The relation with some of the National teammates has always been difficult. Since I was 19, when I was the first Italian volley player ever to go abroad, in Brazil, they have always been annoyed by my visibility and fame."

"But Volleyball is my life, I love it, and I don't want anyone else to be treated like me in the future. I am 33 years old, I have won everything except the Olympic Gold, and I feel like this is the time to speak. I have been silent for too long. May I?"

It's July, 2011. Francesca is in NT but she feels always tired and she doesn't know why. "Am I finished? I asked myself" She has blood test, and though results are not good, the NT doctor Fabrizio Terrazza reassures her and minimize. "It's just stress, nothing serious. He says". But the situation gets worse, Francesca is a shadow of her former self, and on October 17 when test results arrive to Bergamo, she finds out the truth. "The thyroid tests were all messed up. 7 times out of the standard. In the meanwhile my right ankle was swelling without a reason. I was very worried, I thought the worst: cancer, leukaemia...but at least the problem was detected so I started to cure my thyroid. How could Ferrazza tell me that I was ok??"

On October 18, Francesca decides to miss the World Cup and she calls Barbolini "Massimo I don't fell good, I want to cure myself, my health conditions don't allow me to help the NT now". "No problem" he answers. So this is how my "personal interests" started, as captain Eleonora Lo Bianco called them, making me look like the one who didn't go to Japan for laziness. But she knows how much I was suffering for her when she had her health problems.

During that period, the National Team doesn't care about Francesca's health problems. "Maybe I had become too uncomfortable for Barbolini: somehow I did him a favour by self-taking me out of the NT". Italy wins the World Cup "And winners are always right".

Between February and March 2012, Francesca tries to call Barbolini ("But he never answered the phone") and then Magri, the president of Italian Volleyball Federation, who tries to keep the situation calm.

Barbolini calls Piccinini for London2012. "And I realized it would be a nightmare" Barbolini asks her to do a 4 months preparation with the youngest players. She obeys without a murmur. But today she calls it "Mobbing". "I stood all this because I wanted to go to the Olympics, I wanted that Gold Medal we still missed"

In London, It's a disaster. Italy is kicked out by Korea. "In order to win an Olympic medal we had to play like a team, but we were not a team. Barbolini has a weak character, he is influenced by the players who are now in Istanbul with him. The truth is that uncomfortable people are kicked out and now I hope some other players will find the courage to speak. I have never been an hypocrite person: this system is wrong. 5th place at World Championships, 4th place at Euro Championships, 5th at the Olympics. And we could have won everything."

• No, the most important one is "la repubblica" XD

BTW I don't like this kink of things!

Do you think other players will speak now?

• I think Leo speak about her being out NT in World Cup really hurt Picci.

Cause Picci was really sick and Leo said as If she was out cause she wanted too. And that is not nice. I think that was the reason for this season interview of Picci.

Anyway...I just imagine, If Picci says she hopes now others have courage to speak, it is cause probably many other players think just like her and they have talked about it during NT time together. Which makes me really sad.

I'll repeat, I do think maybe Picci could have kept all, but in other hand, why should her if it is something she and others cant take it anymore?

I must say Im quite disapoited for the fact that Leo treated Picci disease as nothing, also cause she had been to hard times as well and received all support.

I really love Italy NT and just makes me sad to see all this. I just hope it comes for the good of them in future.

• i have the only excuse for piccinini:

she wants to stay in NT maybe until Rio,but she don't want to see other veterans and barbolini anymore.

anyway wish her wish come true and wish she could got the missing medal.

piccinini said the system is wrong from WCH 2010.i want to ask:is it different from 2007 when they were the winner?

if they won,everything is ok, but they failed,so the system is wrong,how ridiculous!

• With all this interviews with Picci I dislike Gioli and Del Core even more.. As soon as you see them on court you can notice they try to separate themselfs from the other girls.. I never liked Lo Bianco, but I never disliked her.. this situation made me to. Some said Picci's statement wasn't classy, but what I found really disrespectful was Del Core's and Lo Bianco's responses. Francesca never mentioned any names of the players.. she just described the situation. Then Eleonora and Antonella got offended and said ugly stuff about Francesca.. In the last interview Francesca said some things that are not good to hear but are true.. for example that she started playing at the age of 19 at a very high level and that she is very popular.. and she's right.. She is the most popular female volleyball player in Italy and also one of the most recognized abroad. Even people who don't watch volleyball when you ask them about a volleyball player they know Piccinini.. So she has every right to talk like that. And it's obvious that Gioli, Lo Bianco and Del Core are jealous of other young players.. Lo Bianco has no competition (for now) but as for the others there are Guigi, Arigetti, L.Bosetti, C.Bosetti, Barcelini... many talents so...

• With all this interviews with Picci I dislike Gioli and Del Core even more.. As soon as you see them on court you can notice they try to separate themselfs from the other girls.. I never liked Lo Bianco, but I never disliked her.. this situation made me to. Some said Picci's statement wasn't classy, but what I found really disrespectful was Del Core's and Lo Bianco's responses. Francesca never mentioned any names of the players.. she just described the situation. Then Eleonora and Antonella got offended and said ugly stuff about Francesca.. In the last interview Francesca said some things that are not good to hear but are true.. for example that she started playing at the age of 19 at a very high level and that she is very popular.. and she's right.. She is the most popular female volleyball player in Italy and also one of the most recognized abroad. Even people who don't watch volleyball when you ask them about a volleyball player they know Piccinini.. So she has every right to talk like that. And it's obvious that Gioli, Lo Bianco and Del Core are jealous of other young players.. Lo Bianco has no competition (for now) but as for the others there are Guigi, Arigetti, L.Bosetti, C.Bosetti, Barcelini... many talents so...

She started playing in italian Serie A1 at the age of 14! :teach: And of course she's the best italian female volleyball player ever! :heart: :cheesy:

Here there's a new page about her. Join us! http://www.facebook.com/PiccininiPeople

• piccinini is most famous so what she said is true???? what a fan! respectful!!!

everyone in the team has different opinion, not to mention outsiders.

piccinini could interview,others could respond!

i found a funny sentence:GIOLI LEO AND DEL CORE are jealous of young girls.how imaginary! They need to be jealousy when piccinini is the protector of the young girls? Is it a kindergarden?

gioli js jealousy of guiggi?del core is jealousy of barcellini? because they are younger ? what a joke.

• I'm italian. In Italy nobody out from volleyball world knows Gioli, Del Core and Lo Bianco. Everybody knows Piccinini and Cacciatori.

I asked my parents and friends who does they know. The answers: Piccinini, Cacciatori, Sartoretti, Lucchetta and the other guys from the so-called "generazione di fenomeni" (phenomenal generation).

In Italy volleyball is not as popupar as football. Volleyball players are not so famous like abroad, like in Turkey for example.

• uhm what does being the most famous vball player have anything to do with the issue? ?(

• uhm what does being the most famous vball player have anything to do with the issue?

Come on, it's just like in high school: there are people polurar and people unpopular.

Piccinini and Cacciatori are the only italian female volleyball players popular. Everybody knows them. The others are famous just into the volleyball world.

Piccinini and Cacciatori made tv spots. Maurizia took part into a reality show. Now Maurizia works on sky tv. Francesca has even more possibilities out of volleyball.

I can remember just Manuela Leggeri like a famous player close (but non at all) to these two.

• They know Piccinini because of this

• The jealous part - Picci said some of her playmates didn't support young players because they felt endangered.. you get the point. They are young and have time to improve... 30+ and overrated

• :lol: i know when piccinini and cacciatori went here during the wgp 2000 they were darlings of the crowd so it is already established that they are very popular no question about it but then the issue is about the turmoil ongoing inside the italian nt so that will not be so much a factor UNLESS what you are trying to say is gioli, leo and others are jealosu of picci's popularity.