The 2012-2013 Transfer News

• Brenda Castillo is almost the new libero of Rabita Baku :teach:

Great transfer for Rabita, but they also need a new OH

Definitely, although Rabadzhieva and Grun do quite good job. Unfortunately Aurea Cruz is big disappointment. Couldn't they sign one good spiking OH with stable reception?

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Telecom Baku signed American middle blocker Dominique Olowolafe

source: Her Blog.

• Brenda Castillo is almost the new libero of Rabita Baku :teach:

Great transfer for Rabita, but they also need a new OH

Is it a great transfer? I thought Cebic was doing a pretty good job thus far and I doubt anyone would say that passing and backcourt defense was their liability. Brenda is a great player sure but they don't need her.

• Is it a great transfer? I thought Cebic was doing a pretty good job thus far and I doubt anyone would say that passing and backcourt defense was their liability. Brenda is a great player sure but they don't need her.

Cebic is a good player, but Castillo is worldclass ;) Rabita has already 2 world class players --> Akinradewo and Montano. Maybe the Rabita-management thinks that worldclass players should be the new standard :win:

• Sano in GS is not a logical transfer. It is impossible to make her play in Turkish league since Lo Bianco and Calderon are irreplaceable. GS need a very solid receiver OH like Tom or Osmokroviç in order to compensate Calderon and Neriman on the field at the same time. :whistle:

• Cebic is a good player, but Castillo is worldclass ;) Rabita has already 2 world class players --> Akinradewo and Montano. Maybe the Rabita-management thinks that worldclass players should be the new standard :win:

Grun is also world-class player!

• Castillo in Rabita? I really can't understand their transfert policy. Why transfering Cebic and Fomina if it´s for getting a third libero. It´s really a wrong move from them. They have world Class player in every position and the only thing that they are doing is making them losing confidence telling them "you are not good enough so we take some one else"
    They should trust their players.

• I really don't think Rabita is stronger than their previous year's roster. :S

• Cebic is doing a pretty good job so far in Rabita her reception and defence are quite stable,i think libero is the last position they will have troubles this season.Rabita needs a complete OH next to Grun but it's almost imposibble to find without paying a fee to a club.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Cebic is doing a pretty good job so far in Rabita her reception and defence are quite stable,i think libero is the last position they will have troubles this season.Rabita needs a complete OH next to Grun but it's almost imposibble to find without paying a fee to a club.

What about Sano's transfer? Already confirmed by GS ??

• Grun is also world-class player!

Indeed just she needs more tıme to get her real level,i know some users thınk grün is not a worldclass player anymore but i think she is still:thumbup: ,just remember what she did in first part of ECH2011.She had really hard times for making points against even ukrain and czech republic cause she turned indoor volley just,but in semifinal and final we saw how great she was :thumbsup: So i still think just grün needs time 8o

• Oh... ok.. you won people :-)

The new libero of Rabita Baku is Brenda Castillo! :dance4: :heart: :flower:

I heard, that she will be in Baku in next week.

It's a great transfer. World Club Championships showed to Rabita, that they have big problem in defence game. That's why Rabita signed with Castillo. She is great libero and she is great in defence, so Rabita will be more complete team and them chances for win Champions League still growing :)

Cebic is average libero.... she isn't enough good for Rabita. Fomina is too old for play on highest level on libero position, so I think, that Castillo is the best option now. She is young, but with big experience and she is very talented. I said about DR NT, without Castillo DR team is nothing. It showed World Grand Prix 2012, when she didn't play, so this player for this club will be ideal :)

• Brenda :flower: :flower:

• Brenda is not just a Libero....She is "The Libero"..

If she finally signs with Rabita Baku........Rabita's fan are going to enjoy a "Show", that is unique on its class

• Haha, my guess was correct :win:

It would be pleasure to watch Castillo in European stage but I still believe that It is not enough to make Rabita become strong enough to reach the title :whistle:

• Maybe if a strong outside hitter is currently available in the market, Rabita would have signed one.

I didn't think that a libero is what they need but maybe it is what they can get.

Anyway, it will be nice to see Castillo in Europe!

• getting brenda castillo is not a question if you can have the best libero in the world you take it because that is a huge upgrade however with that done i also agree with some users here that they need to also improve the oh position since aurea cruz ha been a disappointment so far.