Serbia NT 2012

• When i saw " Sanja gaves up!!! " in voleywood's FB page i thought Malagurski totally retired her volleyball career :white: After reading inside,everything became clear,DAMN Voleywood :teach: Yeah it wil be a big miss for Sanja,she worked so hard this year but she is still young she can see 2016,2020 even maybe 2024 as a bench player.Future is her in Serbia.Go Sanja :super:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• It's a Thailand's curse!

• It's a Thailand's curse!

I've never think it in that way but still not nice to curse any player for any reason

• No final roster yet? Well, Let's say this... What kind of signs does Serbia have this year? A lot of important players are definitely out due to their serious injuries.
    I'm quite sure with their roster of last year, They could possibly achieve to win A medal in London. I mean last year they just rocked in many tournaments and were expected to become one of the favorites but now they can't even build a health team.
    It's not clear that Ivana Djerisilo is coming back or not, but her come-back would help a lot the team. I mean She has been injuried for a quite long time, but she is absolutely experienced and played well in Urbino last season before she got injuried.

Let's count the injuried players.

1.Jelena Nikolic - She was just the main key of Serbia but now is out of the olympic games. too bad...
    2.Ana Antonijevic - She couldn't play that much due to the fact that She has Maja Ognjenovic in front of her, but at WC 2011 She showed her great performances and Ana is definitely sure to be main setter after the Olympics.
    3.Sanja Malagurski - Such an adorable and great young player got injuried all of a sudden, It makes me sad. I hope she is now okay.
    4.Brizitka Molnar - I'd describe her as Serbian Antonella Del core. I mean She looks very quiet on the court but does her job very well.

I think there are more, but some of them (Malesevic and Brakocevic) still have a chance to go to London, so I won't write about them.

Personally I can't even imagine Starovic playing in London...I hope Brakocevic and Djerisilo-Stankovic will play OPP, If not, Ana Bjelica.

• Well, what to add more. I agree with every word you have written. They are like cursed this year, as it was said :thumbdown: They lost their very important players that were the biggest reasons getting ECH title last year. I am really sad for them, their volleyball enjoyed me so much last year but I think they have no chance to play quarterfinal, they might have if they would have been other group. Anyway, the only thing we can do is wishing luck to them :win: (not against Turkey of course :lol: ).

• Yes, that pretty much sums it up. Just to add Veljkovic's injury. She didn't play last summer either, but back than Krsmanovic was in the best shape of her life so Stefana's injury wasn't felt all that much, but now she would be more than useful. I hope she still makes it.

BTW, Djerisilo is not Stankovic anymore. :D

• I've never think it in that way but still not nice to curse any player for any reason

he's joking... i guess :whistle:

• Yes, she divorced a few years ago. Afterwards she dated the Serbian swimmer Milorad Cavic (silver medalist from Beijing) and their relationship was very stormy, with several breakups and intense media coverage. They finally broke up for good last year.

• I see, Thanks for the info. No one can tell the deep story unless It's not you. Thanks, really...

Well, I have one more question actually. How many conflicts has Terzic had with players so far? I mean He is known as a very stubborn one, had conflicts with Spasojevic, Djerisilo and maybe there are some more...Could you let me know please?

• There was also Krsmanovic. She and Spasojevic didn't want to play World Cup in 2007 because of injuries/tiredness, he wasn't happy with it, so he cut them off the team. Krsmanovic returned after a while and there has been no mention of that incident ever since, but Anja never did. Actually, back then no one thought their conflict would last that long and everyone was shocked when it was announced that she wouldn't play in Beijing. She held a press conference, but it was a bit like Mari's case now, she didn't say anything controversial, just stated that she's sorry she can't play at the Olympics because of the personal differences between the two of them, and that she hoped she would make her Olympic dream come true some day. Now it looks like it will never happen. Rumour has it that she and Nikolic were big rivals and Jelena ultimately made Terzic choose between one of them.

He also had a conflict with Sladjana Eric because she once requested to be allowed to skip a part of NT preparations because she wanted to focus on her new club and didn't want to risk any injures. It didn't sit too well with him, so she was also cut off for a while. She made a brief comeback later, but was dropped off again soon.

And finally there was Vesna Citakovic last summer. She had retired from NT, but wanted to make a comeback for the EC in Serbia. She started training with the team, but left after a few days saying she was unhappy with the way the NT is being run. IMO, she realized that she wouldn't make it to the starting lineup before Rasic and Krsmanovic and her ego couldn't take it.

Those are the major ones, there have also been smaller incidents, like Starovic's absence from the team last year. She was invited, but she refused, it was never confirmed why. Also, Marta Drpa did something that must have really pissed him off because he rarely makes openly negative comments about players, and he called her unprofessional and irresponsible.

• I like Him :D

In 2013-2016 cycle He should train Turkey's NT.

Why?

• because the current head coach of turkey also had problems with the brazilian women's team before :lol:

• Mr Brightside, brace yourself: Tijana will not be in London. :( Ivana Djerisilo will take her place.

Final roster:

Setters: Maja Ognjenovic, Bojana Zivkovic
    Opposite hitters: Jovana Brakocevic, Sanja Starovic
    Libero: Suzana Cebic
    Middle blockers: Natasa Krsmanovic, Milena Rasic, Stefana Veljkovic
    Outside hitters: Jovana Vesovic, Brankica Mihajlovic, Ivana Djerisilo, Jelena Blagojevic

• Unfortunately I had already the feeling of it. It's such a sad news for me but above all for her. She deserved it. :(

Don't give up Tiki, I'll wait you for the 2014 WC here in Italy.

• It looks like it wasn't only due to injury :S
    Look what Terzic said:
    "It's always the most difficult part of our job, especially when players like Tijana Malesevic have to be cut off. She deserved to go to London, both as a player and as a person, but unfortunately, the situation was such that we had to take some other things in consideration when we made the final roster."

The latest news is that Maja is having some problems with a hand injury and is not training at the moment. :roll: