Serbia NT 2012

• Serbian preliminary roster:

Setters: Maja Ognjenović, Bojana Živković, Danica Radenković
    Opposite hitters: Jovana Brakočević, Sanja Starović, Ana Bjelica
    Middle blockers: Nataša Krsmanović, Milena Rašić, Nađa Ninković, Stefana Veljković, Jovana Stevanović.
    Libero: Suzana Ćebić, Nina Rosić
    Outside hitters: Jovana Vesović, Tijana Malešević, Brankica Mihajlović, Ivana Đerisilo, Sanja Malagurski, Ana Lazarević, Jelena Blagojević

So Antonijevic is also definitely out, alongside Molnar. :white: This obviously means there is still a chance that Veljkovic, Djerisilo and Malagurski return, but I think it is extremely unlikely that all of them will come back.

• What sort of injury does Antonijevic have? Is it chronic or was it something that happened in practice? She had such a great pro season and didn't appear to be playing in any pain.

• Achilles tendon. It's a chronic injury, she said she started feeling the pain again towards the end of the season and it got worse when she started training with NT.
    She underwent a surgery, but the initial news was that the recovery wouldn't take long and she would most likely be ready for the Olympics, so this comes across as a bit surprising.

• Yes, I am a bit sad for Antonijevic because she is a great setter and she rarely got playing time when Ogjenovic was on the team... She played a great WC and now this.. so sad..

• Is Popoviç injured or personal reasons?

What do you think the chance of Serbia to qualify quarterfinals in OG in the absence of Veljkoviç, Malagurski and Djerisilo (although they recover on time I don't believe they will reach enough shape for high level)

• When will be known official roster?

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Malagurski gave up the OG ;(

Too bad. Serbia could fight for a medal, even the gold medal. Now things are complicated :pinch:

It's sad when a team it's not able to give their best in such important tornment as OG. :S

• Malagurski gave up the OG ;(

Too bad. Serbia could fight for a medal, even the gold medal. Now things are complicated :pinch:

It's sad when a team it's not able to give their best in such important tornment as OG. :S

yeah sure, with Malagurski Serbia was clear favourite for gold :roll:

• When it rains, it pours: Brakocevic and Malesevic both rolled their ankles and are now in doubt for London.

It's beyond frustrating and is bordering on comic now.

Don't believe it :what: it seems like a curse: Malagurski, Nikolic, Antonijevic, Djerisilo, Popovic, Veljkovic and now Malesevic, Brakocevic. I hope that's end of bad series in Serbia ;( hope that both girls will be back on time :rose:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• What the hell! What kind of curse is that :what: If it keeps going like that, Serbia will not find even 12 players to complete the roster :whistle:

• But no, it can't be possible! I don't believe it, this whole situation is becoming truly tragicomic.
    I don't know really what to say, I only can hope that, at least for them, everything will be resolved in time.

Tijana, my wife.. ;( Such a bad news that makes me so angry and dispirited.

• OMG, all this things happening in such important year :S

I feel sad for Servia, I was expecting then to fight for the gold before all those things. ;(

• If I were Terzic, I would make all players train with ankle protections, taped fingers, helmets, reduce the number of jumps in training to the lowest possible...seriously, I'm sorry for Serbian team, losing one or two players by injury is already a big blow for any team, but soon they'll have lost a whole team :white: