Yeltsin Cup 2012

• i think Leo needs a Calderon for the hardest moments...

:roll: I agree

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Btw Italy is such an old team! Apart from Caterina, everyone in starting six is over 30 :|

Karpol writes in his book that 50% of the team should be players in their best years, 30% experienced players and 20% young talents. Barbolini should read it ;)

Which is EXACTLY why I was glad to see Caterina make the team. When this current generation departs there is going to be a major gap in experience. At least Lucia, Caterina and Rondon will gain some experience.

• Which is EXACTLY why I was glad to see Caterina make the team. When this current generation departs there is going to be a major gap in experience. At least Lucia, Caterina and Rondon will gain some experience.

But with this argumentation, Ortolani should be there too, instead of 2nd libero or even Piccinini. Lucia could have been receiving Opp with Ortolani as backup and Caterina could have been backup OH...and if some problems had arised, Barbolini could have used Ortolani as Opp and moved Lucia to OH...but well, it's too late now.

• I agree about Goncharova. Her reception is greatly improved but I don't think Italy went after her enough and I feel like a better serving team will be a better test. Estes played her role but Solokova is undoubtedly an improvement at that position. With the shape that Goncharova is in and Kosheleva coming back from injury with so little match time I think Russia will keep Goncharova on the floor. Congrats, Russia! Glad to see them playing well.

Not a very good effort. Going down 0-2 I would think that Barbolini would try to make some change. I prefer Picci to Del Core, they are the same passers but Picci is a little better offensively. Costagrande cannot carry the team alone. Besides attack Italy is not a very good blocking team at all. Of course they're not the tallest team but they have pretty poor technique and that's the one skill that teams like Brazil, Russia, and USA distance themselves from the rest of the pack.

• Caterina can't hit like Ortolani but at least she can receive and dig.

Lucia will be the starer opposite in London.

I like how Barazza played today

Gioli is always very strong and with Leo she play her best volleyball

I don't like Costagrande :thumbdown:

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

• But with this argumentation, Ortolani should be there too, instead of 2nd libero or even Piccinini. Lucia could have been receiving Opp with Ortolani as backup and Caterina could have been backup OH...and if some problems had arised, Barbolini could have used Ortolani as Opp and moved Lucia to OH...but well, it's too late now.

No, including some young players doesn't mean you include all and including Ortolani would surpass Karpol's 20% rule :) In the international game it's not a matter so much of age when you say young player but a matter of how long they've been on the scene. Ortolani may be young on paper but she's been with the Italian NT for over 5 years. She's had ample opportunity where as the Bosetti sisters have not.

• Right now I think Lucia must have some small injury, in the whole tournament she only entered for serve and reception and never played in front row at all. I think she will start in OG instead of Caterina...

I trully hope so..hehehe but honesty i have no idea what is going in Massimo mind at this point...

I still cant understand why he played Yeltsin Cup..he didnt use it for any propose other then putting the players inside court....really, you have this kind of opportunity and you make no test no substituitions to see how players react..nothing!!! :aww:

In other hand you see McCutcheon doing everything to let his 12 roster team in top of his shape! I mean...It is so frustrating to cheer Italy at this point.. :(

I hope these three weeks till Olympic Games are well used by him.

• u like how barazza plays and u dont like costagrande! if constagrande werent there italy surely couldnt take over 15 points

• Real test for Italy will be in the Edison tournament against Turkey. Since most probably they will match-up with Turkey, it would be good sign before OG :box:

• Which is EXACTLY why I was glad to see Caterina make the team. When this current generation departs there is going to be a major gap in experience. At least Lucia, Caterina and Rondon will gain some experience.

however,italian older players need gain a medal not experiences in Olympincs!

• u like how barazza plays and u dont like costagrande! if constagrande werent there italy surely couldnt take over 15 points

Yes :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

• Russia gets killed by Brazil B in 1st set :white:
    Estes can't kill any ball and Brazil serves very well...

Her different performance agaist to Italian and brazil just show us when face weak opponent saving energy is necessary .
    She is the one has been seriously injured athletes,no need to full jump off during whole process. :thumbup: