2012 Olympic Games

• It seems to be Korea's tactic to use Kim as little as possible in attack, but with Han playing so terrible, it won't work out in the long run. Both teams are far from convincing which is good news for the teams from Pool A.

• Are you sure about this :what: We have never experienced OG before while most of Brasilian, American, Italian, Russian, Japanese players have already experienced OG (some of them many times) About club competitions, all players in the roster of teams I've counted above have played in CL or high level leagues for many years. On the other hand, for example we've played only 2 times in GP whereas others are frequenter :roll: All in all if we are talking about strengths, experience is not the one we would trust (comparing with other teams in OG) :whistle:

Don't agree on this one bit. If you are mentally strong you don't even think about this.

Recent example; Last Grand Prix, Players don't say, 'Look this is only the second time we are in World Grand Prix, and first time in the Finals, normally we should'nt win any medals.' But Turkey comes up strong and wins bronze, obviously players don't think like you.

Be it Grand Prixes, World Champ, Champions League or Olympics, you play with same teams and same players. If you are mentally strong and perform better than your opponent, than you win. Sports people should approach the task this way.

It is meaningless to discuss the number of participations into competitions. (Otherwise, teams like Purto Rico and Algeria would be successfull, by representing their continents.) What matters is trust to yourself and your team, and match performance.

In this aspect Turkey is a perfect example, effectiveness and efficiency wise.

So for next 5-10 years, Turkey will always fight and perform for medals, that's a simple fact, whether participating 2nd, 3rd or 4th time into any competitions.

Note: Becoming European Champs and World Champs (in 2010 and 2011 respectively) in Youth Girls Category tells a lot about the future.
    I fully trust their mental toughness, character, and I am sure they always set targets higher. (even in case they are eliminated in this Olympics.)

So you should count not the participation times, but the effort and performance you put on court and your targets.

• Note: Becoming European Champs and World Champs (in 2010 and 2011 respectively) in Youth Girls Category tells a lot about the future.

Nope, it does not. Just look at USA and Russia, they never have success on Youth/Junior level but they're always on top on senior level. Having success in Youth and Junior is nice, but in the end, it doesn't matter how good players are when they are 16-18 but how good they are when they are 20-30.

• Nope, it does not. Just look at USA and Russia, they never have success on Youth/Junior level but they're always on top on senior level. Having success in Youth and Junior is nice, but in the end, it doesn't matter how good players are when they are 16-18 but how good they are when they are 20-30.

Yes,Russia still counts on Artamonova..that tells everthing.Amerivan College leagues' players play everywheher in the world but i cant remember any young Russian player who is playing in other european country..

• You are talking totally irrelevant with what I wrote above. I've opposed to your idea saying Turkish players are one of most experienced group in Olympics due to reasons I've counted before. Now, you are talking about trusting yourself, being mentally strong and bla bla :roll: Trusting yourself is one thing being experienced is another thing 8)

• Nope, it does not. Just look at USA and Russia, they never have success on Youth/Junior level but they're always on top on senior level. Having success in Youth and Junior is nice, but in the end, it doesn't matter how good players are when they are 16-18 but how good they are when they are 20-30.

Agree. Best example DR who got silver medal in Junior World Championship, anyone seeing a good future for them nowadays :roll:

By the way, European and World champion generation of Turkey got only 4th place in last Balkan Junior Championship :whistle:

• Agree. Best example DR who got silver medal in Junior World Championship, anyone seeing a good future for them nowadays :roll:

By the way, European and World champion generation of Turkey got only 4th place in last Balkan Junior Championship :whistle:

German Junior World Champ team from 2009 is even a better example. The only player from that team who has made the transition from a good Junior player to a really good player is Lenka Dürr, Lena Möllers and Berit Kauffeldt are on a good way, but the rest of the team has vanished in mediocrity :roll:
    Among the best players of the world, very few have won titles on Junior level and I think many of them have not even played in Junior teams...

• Agree. Best example DR who got silver medal in Junior World Championship, anyone seeing a good future for them nowadays :roll:

But in youth category Turkey got the Balkan title this year.

actually what matters is to raise up new players from this generations to A team....tradition in volleyball is important. and Serbia and Turkey have created a tradition in youth and Juniour category in Balkans and in Europe.

• You are talking totally irrelevant with what I wrote above. I've opposed to your idea saying Turkish players are one of most experienced group in Olympics due to reasons I've counted before. Now, you are talking about trusting yourself, being mentally strong and bla bla :roll: Trusting yourself is one thing being experienced is another thing 8)

Let me put it straight for you, Turkey's experience is more than enough to achieve anything, if performance is there.

And alsoYou'll get the answer by just looking at the last Grand Prix, how Ex-Grand Prix experience didn't mean anything.

That's why I conclude with, mental toughness and performance, this will overcome obstacles if there is.

• Very strange game :down:

why strange the lead is already larger compared to the previous sets? :lol:

• So now, time for truth in 4th set. But honestly, I haven't seen any signs of manipulation yet. Both teams show their normal performance, they have been shaky in their previous matches as well, so that's not suspicious to me.

• But in youth category Turkey got the Balkan title this year.

actually what matters is to raise up new players from this generations to A team....tradition in volleyball is important. and Serbia and Turkey have created a tradition in youth and Juniour category in Balkans and in Europe.

Agreed...

From other posters, I 'll begin to think that Raising Bright and Succesfull youth for A teams is actually a bad thing to do. : )

If utilized properly, that will form the foundations for future.

For USA/Russia, not having successfull youth teams doesn't tell me much.

In every sports category youth development and foundations is of great importance.

• I hope there is no manipulation ...
    I only meant both teams are more than shaky. Pool A teams can dream ... :P

• So now, time for truth in 4th set. But honestly, I haven't seen any signs of manipulation yet. Both teams show their normal performance, they have been shaky in their previous matches as well, so that's not suspicious to me.

I agree. And the way the two teams are playing, it might end up going to 5 sets afterall, not because of collusion or anything, but simply because of the level of both teams. :|