2012 Olympic Games

• Gioli was amazing. I'm happy for Italy and I think they can do better. In my opinion Lucia should be the starting opposite, for Caterina was almost impossible kill the ball, her sister at least can serve, dig and receive better!

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Gioli was amazing. I'm happy for Italy and I think they can do better. In my opinion Lucia should be the starting opposite, for Caterina was almost impossible kill the ball, her sister at least can serve, dig and receive better!

Gioli's 3 touches on the net were amazing! :down:

• Arrighetti 13/18, Gioli 13/22, BUT: Del Core 8/27, Costagrande 15/47, C.Bosetti 6/21. And that's why Italy will not win a medal, other teams will serve better than DOM so Lo Bianco can't use the MBs as well as today, and then Italy is lost.

• Gioli's 3 touches on the net were amazing! :down:

One of them was to not let Rondon set :rolll:

BTW, is USA match at 20:00 London time?

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

• Arrighetti 13/18, Gioli 13/22, BUT: Del Core 8/27, Costagrande 15/47, C.Bosetti 6/21. And that's why Italy will not win a medal, other teams will serve better than DOM so Lo Bianco can't use the MBs as well as today, and then Italy is lost.

They don't have any decent OH or OPP really. DOM served weak today and that is why Italian reception was perfect and Lo Bianco used the middles very well as usual. As we have watched, there were so many rallies because Italy couldn't kill the balls from zone 2 and 4. I couldn't count how many digs Castillo has made to Del Core's attacks which were made against single block. Dominican players couldn't end these rallies mostly but when they ended some of them(like in 2nd set) they won the set. Piccinini might be more useful than Del Core.

• For me the fantastic stats of this kind of players doesn't worth anything. We have seen it many times, some players make incredible stats in Korean or Japan league than screw in European Leagues.I really wonder her performance in Villa Cortese next season (if transfer news were correct)

Commiting unforced errors is kinda brandmark of NORCECA teams such as Cuba, DR, PR etc. :down:

What do you guys think about Italy's performance? Even against such a weak opponent, I am not convinced with their game. I don't see any chance for medal still :whistle:

I dont know because I didnt watched any match of her in Japan, but its a pretty strong league with really strong defenders, many EU-players has failed there, like Brakocevic and Flier last season, but De La Cruz was outstanding, so I guess it means something at least.

But even without the stats, just watching her in OG qualies in may and compare to now and I see a huge difference in her...she looked much faster and stronger back then than now. She kinda lacks her great jump now, which is a big strength of her normally.

• i think the Olympic Youtube channel show some games, i can watch the Italy vs Dominican Republic match on it now, but for some reason it's indicated as "live", it also seem to have the USA-Korea & Brazil-Turkey match on the schedule, check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/user/olympic

• For me its unbeliveable why Caterina plays instead of Lucia...whats the point for that? she´s worse in everything except maybe blocking I think, and also Del Core almost cant kill balls, they lost second set because of that, so Piccinini is most likely a better choise than her, as long Italy plays with Caterina and Antonella on court, I will not be afraid of Italy against Russia. Probably they have a good shot of losing even against Japan.

• Just 30 minutes... I think it's time to searching for a link XD

• For me its unbeliveable why Caterina plays instead of Lucia...whats the point for that? she´s worse in everything except maybe blocking I think, and also Del Core almost cant kill balls, they lost second set because of that, so Piccinini is most likely a better choise than her, as long Italy plays with Caterina and Antonella on court, I will not be afraid of Italy against Russia. Probably they have a good shot of losing even against Japan.

I also dont understand why Barbolini starts with Del Core and Caterina, maybe he still remember the match of Germany and Italy in ECH where Piccinini shanked the ball on match point two times and he would not like to see that again lolz :lol:

Agree. CHN and ITA are two teams which are most dependant on their MBs due to their different/weird game strategy. That's why their game dramatically drop against well-server teams such as BRA,USA or TUR.

Indeed I believe Costagrande would attack better if she would have another strong Opp. From my point of view, she would be very crucial player in any olympic team if she would play as normal OH on the other hand, she is faltering in that game strategy and she is not capable to score 25+ points constantly against good teams. :whistle:

• Costagrande is also not getting any younger, a few years ago she would have been good enough to lead Italy, but she doesn't have that power any more. She reminds me a bit of Estes in her style of play now, many tactical attacks but no real punch...

• Piccinini injured or Barbolini tactic?

Barbo want to play with Del Core and Costagrande as OH

Can someone post any link for USA-KOR?