2012 Olympic Games

• No,

also serdar, Matthias and me :win:

Naz :super:

:thumbup: And German Eurosport commentator (former German NT player in the 80s and 90s and volleyball commentator since many years) also said that Naz played a very good match and she is an important reason why Turkey has arrived among the best teams in the world now :!:

In general, I don't understand why so many people are so obsessed with Özge. The only really good match of her I remember was CL final 2011. Last season in Turkish playoff finals she was just terrible, and Guidetti will have good reasons why he wants Naz as setter in Vakifbank for next season.

By the way, I think Ergül's injury could be a bigger problem than expected for Turkey. Bahar is ok in block, but absolutely non-existent in attack. Ergül might be a bad blocker, but Turkey is bad in block overall anyway and at least she is a better option in attack than Bahar right now. I guess Büsra will not play at all in this tournament, her level is even weaker than Bahar's and Eda's.

• What a thrilling match it was. There were so many great rallies :super: I must say, I really enjoyed a lot even though there were so many mistakes from both sides(but we made much more as usual :lol: ). I am optimist about the next match, because it was our first match in Olympics and we played against the last champion. It is a big pressure really. However, our figthing spirit is still there that makes me hopeful for the upcoming matches. The next match is very cruial. If we can win against China, we will probably be the 3rd in the pool( though Serbia and South Korea are still strong). I hope we can see another thrilling match between those teams in semifinal :super:

• :thumbup: And German Eurosport commentator (former German NT player in the 80s and 90s and volleyball commentator since many years) also said that Naz played a very good match and she is an important reason why Turkey has arrived among the best teams in the world now :!:

In general, I don't understand why so many people are so obsessed with Özge. The only really good match of her I remember was CL final 2011. Last season in Turkish playoff finals she was just terrible, and Guidetti will have good reasons why he wants Naz as setter in Vakifbank for next season.

By the way, I think Ergül's injury could be a bigger problem than expected for Turkey. Bahar is ok in block, but absolutely non-existent in attack. Ergül might be a bad blocker, but Turkey is bad in block overall anyway and at least she is a better option in attack than Bahar right now. I guess Büsra will not play at all in this tournament, her level is even weaker than Bahar's and Eda's.

Özge was perfect against Russia in 2011 ECh. :thumbup:

• What disappoints me most about Brazil is that they are a very experienced team which would generally equate to minimal unforced, careless errors which was clearly not the case. As someone said before they have mental "blackouts" during the match that allows the competition to believe in the win and it makes the match much closer than it should be. Once again, I'll attribute that to the coaching staff. A team full of veterans should NOT be that mentally fragile at this level. It was just the first match and every team is playing with nerves which definitely contributed to the number of errors. However, Brazil gave up a valuable point and they should have been able to close it out in 4. I'd like to see Fe Garay get more court time.

I agree with those defending Naz. Really, what can you expect a setter to do with poor passing? Even Lo Bianco and Berg cannot create magic from such situations. If Turkey settles down and plays their game I think they have a strong shot to advance.

• Another problem I see in Brazil's team is that they are not as hungry for success as they should be and as they were 4 years ago. Of course they want to win, but as soon as they realize that they have to work a little harder for it than they're used to, they seem annoyed and start to get in trouble. Just look at Gamova and you see what it looks like when a player REALLY wants to win. Even against GBR she did not have any mercy and played with full force, and she made a brilliant physical impression on me. Also USA look like they're having fun while playing and they recovered quickly from their short mental break in 3rd set yesterday. Brazil can play only well when they are in a good mood and can do their "samba", but yesterday it was visible that as soon as the opponent manages to calm them down and make them think, they start to make mistakes and not just one or two but a whole series. The mood goes down and they have to work hard to get it back, and I think this will eventually break their necks against more experienced opponents who will make less mistakes than Turkey yesterday. USA-Brazil tomorrow will be a very good indicator of what we can expect from Brazil in the rest of the tournament...

Oh, and my predictions for the first day were almost perfect :D The only thing I didn't foresee was USA losing a set ^^

• I think our reception wasn't so bad. This match is maybe Neriman's best in her whole career :lol: Gözde made some reception errors which aren't expected from her but she has a huge role in the team, sometimes she can be tired during the match that is why she makes some reception errors. Gülden and Esra were great at that element as well. And one more thing, Brazil have really great serves. Fernandinha, Thaisa and Sheila's serves are so dangerous.

• USAfan
    Usa team had difficulties against Kore as well.And before the Og they were clear favorite to me but now dont know they are still very good team indeed.im waiting to watch Usa-Brasil match.Will Ze Roberto tolerate a lose against Usa aagain or will they grab a win?

• :thumbup: And German Eurosport commentator (former German NT player in the 80s and 90s and volleyball commentator since many years) also said that Naz played a very good match and she is an important reason why Turkey has arrived among the best teams in the world now :!:

I am also very curious about Ergül's absence :wall: Everybody criticizes her for being so slow at block but who the hell we have as fast blocker :roll: At least she can score at crucial moment and more important is that she can score after coming bench, which is really hard job for MBs :whistle: Büşra had played well in league play-off but she didn't show good performance against weak opponents in European Leaguei not only at attacking but also at blocking :down: Thus, I understand why Motta didn't trust her. On the other hand, I really don't understand why he gives so much credit to Polen and substitue Neslihan so soon. Obviously it wasn't best match of Neslihan but still she attack (%43) well and her experience was very crucial at such important matches.

If Ze insist to not play with Garay, China can also beat this Brasil. :box:

• Another problem I see in Brazil's team is that they are not as hungry for success as they should be and as they were 4 years ago. Of course they want to win, but as soon as they realize that they have to work a little harder for it than they're used to, they seem annoyed and start to get in trouble. Just look at Gamova and you see what it looks like when a player REALLY wants to win. Even against GBR she did not have any mercy and played with full force, and she made a brilliant physical impression on me. Also USA look like they're having fun while playing and they recovered quickly from their short mental break in 3rd set yesterday. Brazil can play only well when they are in a good mood and can do their "samba", but yesterday it was visible that as soon as the opponent manages to calm them down and make them think, they start to make mistakes and not just one or two but a whole series. The mood goes down and they have to work hard to get it back, and I think this will eventually break their necks against more experienced opponents who will make less mistakes than Turkey yesterday. USA-Brazil tomorrow will be a very good indicator of what we can expect from Brazil in the rest of the tournament...

Another fact is that it seems like the players don't trust each other. I mean, they are all great players as individually, but when things start to get worse, they get angry easily each other :down:

• I think our reception wasn't so bad. This match is maybe Neriman's best in her whole career :lol: Gözde made some reception errors which aren't expected from her but she has a huge role in the team, sometimes she can be tired during the match that is why she makes some reception errors. Gülden and Esra were great at that element as well. And one more thing, Brazil have really great serves. Fernandinha, Thaisa and Sheila's serves are so dangerous.

when Fernanda served we had alot of diffuculties receiving and Brasil made lots of points in a row.

• when Fernanda served we had alot of diffuculties receiving and Brasil made lots of points in a row.

Yeah, it is true. I forgot to mention about Garay. Her float serves caused big problems for us really. She was the one that changed the game in favor of Brazil. I am curious if Ze will let Paula play again in the upcoming games. :whistling:

• i agree that brazil showed a mental fragility and i think if they didn't servce well to disturb turkish passing we would have a suprise.
    i think USA also showed the same thing in the third set and begining of forth but their serving made them back to the game.. but this was the first day so we could understand and explain that. let's wait for second and third games to see teams reactions.
    i think right now in brazilian team jac is doing a great work in passing and attack, but i don't know what's wrong, it is def, not the same brazilian team we sew in beinjing in terms of ambition

• I don't think the USA match can be attributed as much to mental fragility. They didn't make a whole bunch of unforced errors. Korea went on a serving run with their setter in the backrow and made some tremendous defensive saves and Kim scored a ridiculous amount of points in the 3rd set. Korea won that set, USA didn't give it to them. Brazil led 19-11 in the 4th and didn't win the set. That was a gift to Turkey.

• IMO Brazil should play with Garay and Paula as OH. I really like Jaqueline, but in NT she is not playing like she did in Osasco. Her attack is not good. Fabi is another weak point of this team. I don't know why Camila Brait is not there.

I really want to see how Brazil will play against USA. I have a feeling that Brazil will play their best game because of the recent results against USA.