2014 FIVB World Championship - Italy - 9/23

• ok, TVF confirms that Turkey finished 9. Before the tournament I would say this would be a bad result but now I think it's ok. I still hope Barbolini will be fired though. No more heartbreaks with Barbolini please.

Serbia failed at the end of the tournament as I expected. I thought they could even lose to Netherlands but it didn't happen. I really think they are the strongest European team of this World Championship but they always find a way to disappoint me. Boskovic, no words :obey: I'm really curious if Vakıfbank tries to get her next year. They have a tradition for Serbian players.

Yeah, I wonder if some other clubs would want her after the WCH. She just ruled the tournament. Playing for such a big club like Vakif as 1st team abroad can be a bit risky, so I'd like her to play in Italy or Poland beforehand...IMO she has all the strengths of Neslihan and Sarah Pavan and has a better arm swing than those two. Besides consideing her young age she can still develop a lot. I'm quite sure she will push Brakocevic away to bench and take the OPP spot soon...

• Poor game by Serbia, I agree they need a stable reciever to be contendents again, somewhat like Murilo is doing for Brazil right now.

Round3 will be fun as hell, I would definitely not count Italy out as many might. Let's see how they cope with China tonight (even though some players might as well just rest) first.

• I would like to see Brakocevic AND Boskovic play on the same team, but I'm not sure if either one has the skills necessary to receive.

• no brakocevic should still start because a smarter coach would take advantage of a brako-bosko combination although one of them must be trained as an oh if you want those 2 at the court at the same time

• If the coach takes 2 receiver system, why not? like Marcon-Leonardi, Sokolova-Kryuchkova in the past...but I don't see any OH who's capable of doing that. Perhaps only Blagojevic. Popovic is a better receiver than Cebic IMO...

• with how poor the reception of these players are, two-receiver system is disastrous. :roll: :whistling:

• they have sheilla this year. :P of course, with sheilla's (lack of) form, we might see a new OPP for vakifbank next year. unless sheilla surprise us.

I feel Sheilla will stay in Turkey one season just like Fabiana, Mari, Paula and Fe Garay, that's why I thought about it :)

By the way I really don't think it's a wise idea to have Boskovic & Brakocevic at the same time in starting six. Serbia already has Mihajlovic and Malagurski as offensive OH.

• Can someone tell me how serious Pasynkova's injury is? Will she be back on time? Scherban is not good enough to help the team...but if Sasha can't come back, she's the only defensive OH...

• No Jaqueline for Brazil and no Christa and Banwarth for the USA.

• actually, both teams are using the bench...

• :what: Looks like they don't bother who finishes the pool 1st because there will be DOL anyway for 2nd and 3rd ranked teams so almost everything is possible. Or maybe they expect to meet each other in the final and don't want to give the opponent's scouts more info than strictly necessary :whistle:
    Well, that's a reason to rather watch ITA-CHN...