2014 FIVB World Championship - Italy - 9/23

• the low competition killed brazil's shape, oh my people really only look at 1 phenomenon out of a thousand situations and then they will make conclusions it's like studying a country's economy and make an analysis based on 1 sector :whistle:

• how did BRA have an easier time to the semis? facing RUS, US, SER, TUR, BUL????? really, people??????? what are you talking about?

Well I'm talking about facing China and Dominica with two 3-0

• Brazil is off following Russia. What a surprising!!

• At least some consolation in this WCh! Americans played incredible, but also what happened to Brazil? Italy's chances for gold are even higher now.

• Brazil's ugly reception + none on the bench able to put the team on the tracks again + Larson's revival + one day off yesterday for USA
    = a huge surprise :white: :white: :white:
    Congrats to US side :flower:

• It will end like in 2002 :whistle: :whistle:

Amazing performance by the USA :obey:

Now it's time for China - Italy :box:

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• wow congrats Usa for the clear win....Brazil couldnt get one single set...they couldt get the gold once again the more any medals..

losing second set was crucial for them...

on American side, Larson was like a leader..the others did their job well..Brazil couldnt serve well and this enabled American setters to set their typical fast game and this helped American wings such as Hill spike easily.usa served better.

Brazil needs a dominant Opp instead of Sheilla.most of the time balls go to either Jaque or Garay..

• Oh god, I can't believe how wrong Ze Roberto was today... After losing first 2 sets, he substituted the only good players on Brazil's side, Sheilla and Fe Garay. The rest of the players were really bad, how cannot he see that?! Especially Jaqueline was terrible both at attack and reception. This man won tons of tournaments but now he fails once again in WCh because of his blindness(I want to say stupidity but that may be too much...) Anyway, having no alternative for Dani Lins paid a lot for Brazil as I told before.

I really don't support any team in semis but at least now we will have some surprising winner this time.

• I am so proud of the girls for their win today. I though after the first set, here is London all over again, but that second set could have killed them. Larson with 2 service errors, the setting errors by Glass. Getting behind big, getting close and then a mistake. But they prevailed in the end 29-27.

The third set showed that the girls wanted to stop any chance for Brazil to get into the match. And they did that. Yes Brazil made it closer, but when your up 6 with only 4 points left, you know that if Brazil makes any mistakes your one point closer to winning.

I hate to say this, but this might be the best match they have played against good competition in this tournament. In other matches, they would let teams back into the match, Russia in 1st and 3rd round, Italy with leads in the sets and then losing them.

We complain about some of Karch's tactics, but getting to the Final by beating Brazil 3-0 shows that it works.

As a boy I watched the women lose to China in 1984, and I watched the London heartbreak of 2012. Karch will tell them in the locker room, I have 3 Gold Medals on men's side and I want one on the women's side.

A win for the team would not make the national news, but it will help tell a story going to Rio and then the expectations will be high. Just like they were in London. The match tomorrow will be tension filed and I am looking forward to it. :cheesy: