2014 FIVB World Championship - Italy - 9/23

• Oh My God, someone take Robin out of this team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWFUL!! Simply awful. Just doing nothing inside the court. Same as yesterday.

• Holland wasted a big chance by giving third set when they had set point :gone:,congrats russia

For germany-italy match i hope germans dont play with fear and take 2 sets at least :roll: if they get 3 points it would be perfect :dance6:

• Quoted from "Sidney"

Namely who are you talking about? De Kruijf? I think a lot depends also on the team they are in

Totally agree. De Kruijf plays a weak tournament so far. And Femke's setting doesn't help her...

Totally agree. De Kruijf plays a weak tournament so far. And Femke's setting doesn't help her...

Quoted from "Sidney"

Namely who are you talking about? De Kruijf? I think a lot depends also on the team they are in

Quoted from "Sidney"

Hi,flyingdutchman,i am NED.This is my new name :wavy:

Very sorry to see NED lost their game against RUS,i think they really had a chance to do something!

I am afraid to tell the new coach is not very satisfield to me,why Steenbergen who is the best MB in NED not in the list of today's match?Why he kept Manon Flier who is the best NED player on bench?

Robin de kruijf is doing nothing on the court,and also i think Oosterveld is useless,maybe Ester Van Berkel or Kim Renkema is better :down:

Dutch girls really can get the third set,it all due to the new coach! :mad:

Maybe u guys can give him some suggestion,next time when NED meet TUR、BRA、BUL and SRB,he should really put flier and steenbergen on the court.And when plak doesn't play well,he should let Sloetjes in...

God Damn...

• About Karg

#TeamGermany will be without middle blocker Stefanie Karg, who was taken to hospital during Thursday's straight sets win over #TeamTunisia.

The 27-year-old has sustained damage to the lateral collateral ligament (LCL) in her right ankle and will miss the remainder of the Pool A games.

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• They'd rather spend less time in the weights room and more time on the volleyball court. Muscles don't win matches, at least not in women's game :whistle:

They jump a lot and stay in the air a lot - see the correlation :) They can do both, you don't need much time in the weight room, just effort. I lost 30kgs of fat when I removed the rests from my routine - 30 minutes non - stop heavy supersets.

• How is Gamova playing? Is she like Muserskiy in OG 2012? Russia used to win a lot with her.

• @ sangday

Hello :wavy: Good to see you back on the forum :drink:

Well, I'm certainly not a fan of our coach, but I don't think he made big mistakes today.

The main problem of this team is reception. We already knew before the tournament, so not a surprise. Second problem is the setter: Femke makes the wrong decisions at crucial moments and she has no game-plan.

About today's match:

I agree with you Flier could have done better than Pietersen, but Pietersen wasn't decisive in a negative way.

De Kruijf and Buijs played both a weak match. Maybe Steenbergen would have played better than Robin today, but she wasn't in the roster today, because Vermeulen preferred Carlijn Jans.

Plak was not bad in attack and I really doubt Sloetjes does better.

This tournament is in fact already over. Maybe Dutch team could win against Turkey, but the other teams we will face are much too strong.