Germany - DVL 1. Bundesliga 2012/13

• Then you'll probably like the Video too. (It's already in process)

Nirk: it's difficult to say. There are two sides. Of course it's sad that we could not afford to keep them, but on the other hand it was nice meeting them all again. Almost every Team at Dippoldiswalde had a former player of the VfB Suhl 2011/12 Team, so somehow it shows what good work was done the last year(s) in Suhl. It was quite like a class reunion. ;) Nice talks, and some Volleyball too.

I'm looking forward to the video :drink:

Which players left Suhl during the summer for other German clubs?

Dijkema (Münster) Merkova (Hamburg) Utla (Dresden)...??

• Most important except from the three you already listed:

Kovacic -> Aachen
    (Cebic -> Rabita Baku)

I didn't know about Kovacic..was she a starting player last season in Suhl? And at which position did she play?

• Then you'll probably like the Video too. (It's already in process)

Nirk: it's difficult to say. There are two sides. Of course it's sad that we could not afford to keep them, but on the other hand it was nice meeting them all again. Almost every Team at Dippoldiswalde had a former player of the VfB Suhl 2011/12 Team, so somehow it shows what good work was done the last year(s) in Suhl. It was quite like a class reunion. ;) Nice talks, and some Volleyball too.

Yeah, really good work in Suhl. And there'll be some talented (new) players in team that will play a great season... - same procedure as every year :-)

• I didn't know about Kovacic..was she a starting player last season in Suhl? And at which position did she play?

Most of the time Kovacic was substitute if I remember correctly. Utla and Steger were the main outside hitters...

• Most of the time Kovacic was substitute if I remember correctly. Utla and Steger were the main outside hitters...

• Nikolina came Late in the Season but she had great matches against Schwerin in the playoffs.

I remember it was a really narrow escape for Schwerin...in quarterfinals of play-offs.. :win:

By the way, could you put the video-link here if the upload is ready? :drink:

• I remember it was a really narrow escape for Schwerin...in quarterfinals of play-offs.. :win:

By the way, could you put the video-link here if the upload is ready? :drink:

Videolink: click ...Upload is at 5%

PS: 4 matchpoints for Suhl, 3 in the third Set and One in the Golden Set. Still have nightmares about this Game ;)

• PS: 4 matchpoints for Suhl, 3 in the third Set and One in the Golden Set. Still have nightmares about this Game

I can imagine..

• OK, I've now watched the video...first, I hope Pucarevic's injury is not serious?
    Watching Anja Brandt attacking from back row is just...weird :what: I don't think the volleyball gods want that :D But on the other hand, in the early 2000s, German NT played with Judith Sylvester as Opp, she was the same height as Brandt and she certainly did not jump any higher or hit any harder than her either, but still NT won Bronze in 2003 ECH with her, and Brandt certainly has more attacking options in terms of quick balls, so maybe the experiment will surprise everyone.
    I did not see Martina Konecna among Schwerin's players (or was she the one on bench with jeans?? EDIT no, that was Lisa Stein), so maybe they did not sign her eventually. Considering that it's 10 days until the first match and Schwerin still has only 3 OHs (of which one should actually play as libero), I don't think they could find anyone better than her :S
    Some more info from Suhl's site: Muijlwijk scored 16 points in the preliminary match against Suhl, Silvia Sperl scored 20 points in semifinal against Dresden, Münster returned to a more "normal" system of playing.

• @ Matthias

Well, we don't know yet what Schwerin's coach and management have in mind.

Maybe they are still busy transferring a player..and if not, maybe they surprise us with their system/tactics..

Their fundamentals ( Hanke, Buijs, Lousiane Ziegler, Thomsen, Steenbergen, Slovakan MB) are - strong enough to play for the title. And maybe Brandt and Völker will surprise in a positive way at their new positions :win:

I don't know what Münster is doing, but returning to their last year's system could be a good solution.

• @ SatanClaus

Thanks for the video :drink: :drink:

• I'm not sure wether it had already been mentioned in this thread, but I just read http://www.spobox.tv will broadcast the first game of the new season: 19th October, 19:00 CET, Schweriner SC - Vfb Suhl :drink: :drink:

Hopefully there will be no broadcast-problems like in the past :lol: :lol:

• This seems to be a list of the broadcasts until the end of the year: http://www.dvl-live.tv/live-termine :)

Yes, indeed :P

19.10.12 ab 19.00 Uhr Schweriner SC gegen VfB Suhl

27.10.12 ab 19.30 Uhr Allianz MTV Stuttgart gegen 1. VC Wiesbaden

10.11.12 ab 17.30 Uhr 1. VC Wiesbaden gegen Alemannia Aachen

17.11.12 ab 19.00 Uhr VT Aurubis Hamburg gegen Dresdner SC

01.12.12 ab 19.00 Uhr Rote Raben Vilsbiburg gegen Schweriner SC

• Nice schedule so far, though of course I wouldn't mind even more broadcasts :D

Two more clips from Dippold-Turnier, one from a local news show also with some scenes from 3rd place match (Hamburg's team is sooo tall!!!) and one shot by a spectator.

• This seems to be a list of the broadcasts until the end of the year: http://www.dvl-live.tv/live-termine :)

DVL says that this list is not complete yet, some more matches will be included as soon as the broadcasting is 100% sure, for example between 21 October and 10 November will be broadcasts too.

Schwerin had a season opening press conference today, but as usual, the info from that is very thin :roll: They say Champions League costs them between 150.000-180.000 €, depending on the final travel costs. Kazan will be the strongest opponent, Constanta is on the same level as Schwerin and they hope for a surprise against Urbino (but considering Urbino's roster, Schwerin might really have a chance to steal points from them). There is no info about further transfers...the official roster on Schwerin's site contains 11 players (including the youngsters Wiebke Offer and Lisa Stein, so only 9 "professional" players), Paty Thormann is not included so I expect her not to play at all next season...nothing official yet though :whistle:

Köpenick players did a show training in front of Brandenburger Tor today: Photos Video