Germany - DVL 1. Bundesliga 2012/13

• Looks like another Hanke is coming: Youth NT setter Irina Kemmsies today scored 15 points in ECH qualifier against Hungary (9 att, 3 bl, 3 aces). She is the same height as Hanke and also left-handed, I watched the match today and she does the same attacks as Hanke but no jump serve (yet?). She is playing in Münster's 2nd league team, I hope she'll turn into a really good player one day, what I saw today looked very promising for sure...

That's right, Irina is a very big talent. Unfortunately she could not play in cup match of second team against Stuttgart.
    Her first match in second leauge was against league leader Rotation Prenzlauer Berg in the end of 2011:
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2011/escore/4051.pdf

It was also the first match in second league for Wiebke Silge (and Stella Laudick), a great match :-)

• I didn't know that Silge is also from Münster, she also made a good impression on me today. She looks very tall but officially she is "only" 1.88 (CEV) - 1.90 (USC website)...

Will be correct. Maybe it was the perspective of the camera in livestream ;-)

• Looks like another Hanke is coming: Youth NT setter Irina Kemmsies today scored 15 points in ECH qualifier against Hungary (9 att, 3 bl, 3 aces). She is the same height as Hanke and also left-handed, I watched the match today.

You watched and didn't gave Us the link? You are sweet egoist.. and who did it? Moderator :D

• by mutual agreement, Hamburg and JP Staelens decide to stop to work together.

Les pieds dans le fumier, mais toujours le verbe haut et la tête droite ! Cocorico !

• Source??

Here: http://volleyball.de/nc/news/d…mburg-entlaesst-staelens/
    But this says nothing about mutual agreement, it says he is released from his job right away and the team manager Helmut von Soosten takes over the post as head coach. Interestingly, he was head coach of the team some years ago already, but he was also not successful and back then he was "promoted" from head coach to team manager and now he's back to head coach :roll:

Tonight, 19.30 CET, live on http://www.dvl-live.tv the top match Dresden-Schwerin :thumbsup:
    Dresden finally wants to win against Schwerin, their hall is sold out. Teun Buijs says for Schwerin the match serves mainly as preparation for the CL match against Busto next week, and according to newspapers from Dresden, Denise Hanke said that Nicole Davis won't be a big help for Dresden and they should have rather signed an OH...I wonder which interviewer obtained these words and what were the real words of Hanke, the quotes certainly make it sound worse than what she probably meant :roll:

• Here: http://volleyball.de/nc/news/d…mburg-entlaesst-staelens/
    But this says nothing about mutual agreement, it says he is released from his job right away and the team manager Helmut von Soosten takes over the post as head coach. Interestingly, he was head coach of the team some years ago already, but he was also not successful and back then he was "promoted" from head coach to team manager and now he's back to head coach :roll:

Tonight, 19.30 CET, live on http://www.dvl-live.tv the top match Dresden-Schwerin :thumbsup:
    Dresden finally wants to win against Schwerin, their hall is sold out. Teun Buijs says for Schwerin the match serves mainly as preparation for the CL match against Busto next week, and according to newspapers from Dresden, Denise Hanke said that Nicole Davis won't be a big help for Dresden and they should have rather signed an OH...I wonder which interviewer obtained these words and what were the real words of Hanke, the quotes certainly make it sound worse than what she probably meant :roll:

Hanke's quote is from Bild Zeitung, no more explanation needed :whistle: :roll: :thumbdown:

Bild Zeitung is the biggest scandal-paper in Germany. To tell the truth/to be reliable is not their biggest goal :whistle: :whistle:

• Hanke's quote is from Bild Zeitung, no more explanation needed :whistle: :roll: :thumbdown:

Bild Zeitung is the biggest scandal-paper in Germany. To tell the truth/to be reliable is not their biggest goal :whistle: :whistle:

Yeah but it's also quoted in other, more serious newspapers from Dresden ;) Probably she meant that Davis in comparison to Banwarth is not such a big improvement and signing a good OH would have increased Dresden's level more...

• I think Hanke's quote is an honest and accurate assessment of Dresden. Banwarth may even be better than Davis despite Davis having extensive national team experience. Dresden is in need of an OH that has some fire power but can also play defense, but I'm not sure where you would find such a player at an affordable price at this point in the season.

I dont think Dresden has much of a chance tonight. The only thing they have going is that they are at home and the crowd will certainly be behind them. That is the only chance they have. Schwerin has established themselves as the clear favorite in the Bundesliga. At this point in the season I might even say that Vilsbiburg is in 2nd ahead of Dresden. We will have to see how Dresden preforms tonight.

• I dont think Dresden has much of a chance tonight. The only thing they have going is that they are at home and the crowd will certainly be behind them. That is the only chance they have. Schwerin has established themselves as the clear favorite in the Bundesliga. At this point in the season I might even say that Vilsbiburg is in 2nd ahead of Dresden. We will have to see how Dresden preforms tonight.

Under normal circumstances I'd agree, but Schwerin's focus now clearly is on the CL matches against Busto and their training is directed towards them, so they might not take today's match as serious as for example the Cup quarterfinal. Today is probably Dresden's biggest chance in the whole season to beat Schwerin, if they don't do it today they won't do it in playoffs either in my opinion.

• As always, that is good insight from you Mathias. I did overlook the CL match they have. I would think they would want to maintain a high level of play though and I just dont know if Dresden is up for the challenge

• Unless there is a strange error on the live scoring, it looks like VCO Berlin will win their first set of the season! :dance6:

• Dresden was leading 15-10, but Schwerin takes 1st set 25-20 :super: :super:

Anne Buijs on court for Lousi Ziegler since half of first set :win:

• Dresden's reception is absolutely horrible. That will have to change. Schwerin didnt play a very good first set and still came out on top

• Dresden's reception is absolutely horrible. That will have to change. Schwerin didnt play a very good first set and still came out on top

Correct.

Lousi Ziegler back on court in 2nd set.

• What does "Dauer" mean in German :white: