Germany - DVL 1. Bundesliga 2012/13

• Magdalena Gryka (Dresden) has signed with Impel Gwardia. This information is supplied without liability, though. So, if anyone could confirm this...

• Magdalena Gryka (Dresden) has signed with Impel Gwardia. This information is supplied without liability, though. So, if anyone could confirm this...

Here you go: http://www.dresdnersportclub.d…%C3%9Fer-umbruch-ins-haus

And almost everyone seems to leave Dresden :white: Only Izquierdo, Schwabe, Stock, Langgemach and Schoot have a contract for next season. Gryka to Wroclaw, De Kruijf leaves for sure but destination is unknown yet, Davis is already back home. Tzscherlich and Thieme will retire because of injuries, no surprises there...Thieme could have been such a good player, but in the last 2-3 years she was ALWAYS injured ;(
    Heyrman, Pietersen, Utla, Matthes, Apitz and Karg haven't decided about their future yet but all of them might leave :|

• Here you go: http://www.dresdnersportclub.d…%C3%9Fer-umbruch-ins-haus

And almost everyone seems to leave Dresden :white: Only Izquierdo, Schwabe, Stock, Langgemach and Schoot have a contract for next season. Gryka to Wroclaw, De Kruijf leaves for sure but destination is unknown yet, Davis is already back home. Tzscherlich and Thieme will retire because of injuries, no surprises there...Thieme could have been such a good player, but in the last 2-3 years she was ALWAYS injured ;(
    Heyrman, Pietersen, Utla, Matthes, Apitz and Karg haven't decided about their future yet but all of them might leave :|

So, like Schwerin, also Dresden will have a total different team next season....Rote Raben will take the title ?? :D

• At the moment, next season is completely unpredictable because so many teams lose a lot of players: Schwerin, Dresden, Stuttgart, Münster, Hamburg...but Schwerin and Dresden will have the highest budget, so I expect them to build very good teams again. Dresden wants to continue relying on their own youth players, but the only one I can see joining the first team for next season in addition to those who are already there is Steffi Kuhn (captain of youth NT).

• Here you go: http://www.dresdnersportclub.d…%C3%9Fer-umbruch-ins-haus

Thanks, the article wasn´t online when i posted about Gryka going to Impel.
    From what i´ve heard by talking to some fans of Dresden, it is no wonder so many players will leave... The young players are still going to school, so they´re kinda "bound" to the club. Lisa Izquierdo will stay, not only because she has a contract, but also because her friend is a hockey player with the Dresdner Eislöwen. Lisa had offers before the 12/13 season, but only wanted to go to another club if her friend would have also gotten an offer from a team in a nearby city, so they can be close.

So, like Schwerin, also Dresden will have a total different team next season....Rote Raben will take the title ?? :D

Nice thought :D Seriously, i think Vilsbiburg achieved more over the last few years than many expected. Of course, it would be nice to win another title or once again reach the cup final in Halle/Westfalen, but hey, life ain´t always a bowl of cherries...

• Allianz MTV Stuttgart has announced not to play in Challenge Cup, and VT Aurubis Hamburg has announced that they will play there next season. That means either USC Münster who finished in front of Hamburg doesn't want to play Challenge Cup, or VC Wiesbaden also won't play Challenge Cup and Münster took their spot...

• Allianz MTV Stuttgart has announced not to play in Challenge Cup, and VT Aurubis Hamburg has announced that they will play there next season. That means either USC Münster who finished in front of Hamburg doesn't want to play Challenge Cup, or VC Wiesbaden also won't play Challenge Cup and Münster took their spot...

It would not suprise me if Wiesbaden did not compete in Challenge cup. With their financial issues I cant see them being able to sign quality players and compete in the cup.

• I think Vilsbiburg will have the same problems as all the other teams. I think many players will move on. Liana Mesa is getting old and they will need a more reliable OPP, I wouldn't be suprised to see Lenka and Lena Mollers try to play in a different country.

I think the most important piece is Sonja Newcombe but I dont know if she would go back to Vilsbiburg?

I think next year German league is wide open at this point. The transfers will be very interesting.

• In recent years, German League become a very good step for many unknown or young talented players :thumbup: Especially some Dutch and American players got good chances to show themselves to European top teams :whistle:

• I think Vilsbiburg will have the same problems as all the other teams. I think many players will move on. Liana Mesa is getting old and they will need a more reliable OPP, I wouldn't be suprised to see Lenka and Lena Mollers try to play in a different country.

I think the most important piece is Sonja Newcombe but I dont know if she would go back to Vilsbiburg?

I think next year German league is wide open at this point. The transfers will be very interesting.

Of course, Vilsbiburg may have the same problems as the other teams. That´s why i wrote "it would be nice..."

I think the term "reliable" is chosen wrong here. Liana´s gettin´ old, yes, and she may not be able of playin´ two matches on a high level in a short period of time, but that´s only natural and has nothing to do with reliability. Look at her play, look what she´s doing with her hand, her wrist, the angles of her attacks. This is what you can rely on, because with her experience she has a "solution for almost every situation". She´s also one of those players who can give the team kinda stability in difficult situations. You know, kinda like Sylvia Roll did in Schwerin.
    Another OPP, especially a young one, may be "fitter" and may be able to attack harder, but because of the lack of experience they may not be able to provide this kind of stability to the team.
    In my opinion, it would be good for the team to have a good OPP and maybe Liana as 2nd OPP, because Liana´s presence alone would probably be enough for a positiv vibe in the team.

• In recent years, German League become a very good step for many unknown or young talented players :thumbup: Especially some Dutch and American players got good chances to show themselves to European top teams :whistle:

Yeah, it's like the exact opposite of Azeri league. Azerbaijan is mainly for old players who want to make some more money before ending their career, but the organisation is poor. In German league, nobody can get rich, but most clubs are very well organised and also have the objective of helping young players, no matter if German or not, to improve. But then, it's always sad to see those players leaving for better/richer leagues ;(

• There are no official best player awards in German leagues, but according to the stats for playoffs and considering only the finalists, they would be:

Best scorer: Martina Utla (150 points, 3 more than Anne Buijs)
    Best spiker: Stefanie Karg (47%)
    Best blocker: Quinta Steenbergen (24, 0,69 per set)
    Best server: Denise Hanke (31, 0,89 per set)
    Best receiver: Nicole Davis (35% perfect)

• News from Schwerin: http://www.svz.de/sport/region…ister-auf-hochtouren.html

Lousi Souza, Laetitia Moma, Lisa Stein and Anja Brandt have a contract for next season. Wiebke Offer will leave for studying. The club will talk to Thomsen, Völker, Steenbergen and Joachim and the manager is optimistic to keep them all.
    About setter, he says it's difficult to replace Hanke, the only option in Germany is Mareen Apitz and they'd like to have her, but of course Dresden would want to keep her too. Among fans, there are rumors that Laura Dijkema will come because she was very often in Schwerin during the playoff matches :white: :aww: If that really happens, Tanja Joachim has good chances to be 1st setter next season :roll:
    According to the manager, there will be talks about the new coach on Monday, it's still not official that it will be Felix Koslowski...

News from Hamburg: http://www.abendblatt.de/sport…e-eiskalten-Abzocker.html

Mareike Hindriksen says the club offered the players ridiculously low salaries which were not at all related to how each player performed this season, so even though many players felt well in Hamburg, they can't stay. Jasova will probably play in another country, young player Saskia Radzuweit might end her career ( :white: ), and it's official now that Stoltenborg, Vandesteene, Hero and Brys will leave as well. Ciara Michel and Imke Wedekind haven't decided yet...

• Among fans, there are rumors that Laura Dijkema will come because she was very often in Schwerin during the playoff matches

:lol: :lol: Don't worry ;)

Laura was there to visit her Dutch friends, that's all :win: Especially Robin, Myrthe and Quinta are very good friends of her :win:

• Once again Michael Evers makes me :lol: :lol:

• Well, Felix Koslowski is currently in Junior WCH qualifier as assistant coach and he'll be back on Monday, that might explain it :D

It's not just Koslowski...also being optimistic about keeping all the players :D

• Saskia Radzuweit might end her career ( )

She is thinking about going travelling for a year, last time we spoke she said she didn't want to quit completely…

Ciara Michel and Imke Wedekind haven't decided yet…

Ciara is so excited about her tea party with the Queen in a couple of weeks that I doubt she's able to think about anything else :lol: Basically the palace are inviting several of the British olympic team (from various sports) over for a garden party

+

:thumbsup:

;) ;)

• Martina Utla goes back from Dresden to Suhl :what:
    After Merkova and Hindriksen, she is already the 3rd player returning to Suhl!!!

Official reason is that her boyfriend works in Suhl and she wants to spend more time with him, and Volleyball is not the most important thing in her life anymore...

Source