Germany - DVL 1. Bundesliga 2012/13

• I won't ask what place has Fenerbahce after scandals during CL Finals and disqualification because of them :lol:

• Schweriner SC - Atom Trefl Sopot 3:1 (25:23, 22:25, 25:21, 25:16)

ATOM Trefl Sopot: Bełcik (11), Podolec (4), Wojcieska (9), Cabrera (9), Rourke (20), Kaczorowska (6), Zenik (L) oraz Coimbra, Kuziak, Kwiatkowska (7), Wilk (1)

Schweriner SC: Havlikova (14), Ziegler (16), Offer (2), Hanke (11), Brandt (16), Volker (6), Thomsen (L) oraz Steenbergen (5), Joachim, Buijs

• ATOM Trefl Sopot: Bełcik (11), Podolec (4), Wojcieska (9), Cabrera (9), Rourke (20), Kaczorowska (6), Zenik (L) oraz Coimbra, Kuziak, Kwiatkowska (7), Wilk (1)

Schweriner SC: Havlikova (14), Ziegler (16), Offer (2), Hanke (11), Brandt (16), Volker (6), Thomsen (L) oraz Steenbergen (5), Joachim, Buijs

Somewhat strange stats for Schwerin...one MB (Hatinova, Brandt or Offer) must have played as Opp, and Hanke 11 points :what: I guess she had several aces...and I think 16 points must be Brandt's career high score ;)

• Today in Linz, Vilsbiburg won both matches

Vilsbiburg - SVS Schwechat 3:1 (22:25; 25:15; 25:23; 25:12)
    Vilsbiburg - Wiesbaden 3:1 (25:17; 22:25; 25:22; 25:14)

• She sounds hotter in English :lol:

:lol: :lol:

That's presumably because speaking German isn't easy for her, so she is thinking about making no mistakes, while talking...so, no natural expression :teach:

• CEV gives this award after every CL season to one female and one male team who did best work with press. I have no idea what are the exact criteria for getting this award, but Schwerin won it last season, as far as I know they got some money for it.

EDIT: Prize money is 6500 € and there is a ranking list for the clubs, last season Schwerin was 1st, Dresden 2nd and Volero 3rd.

It looks to be a consolation award :roll:
    Maybe these clubs have given a glass of beer to the press.

• According to Dresden's headcoach, Alexander Waibl, there are four main candidates for the title: Schwerin, Dresden, Vilsbiburg and Münster.

Also, he stresses the level of the Bundesliga is getting better and better during last years.

Schwerin's headcoach Buijs says it's now easier working for him, because it is his 2nd season in Schwerin. Many players are already familiar with his modus operandi. Schwerin is still looking for an OH and an Opp.

More in this article (in German) http://www.volleyball-bundesli…e=&menuid=394&topmenu=394

• Schwerin shouldn't be incomplete with less than 4 weeks to go until the season. What do they think, some star player will suddenly be available??? :S
    I'm also worried about Patricia Thormann, she has not been on any of Schwerin's photos recently, not even on the official team photo shooting session. But as usual, the club does not give any infos :wall:

For me, Dresden is the biggest candidate for titles this season, but behind them, a lot of teams are on a very similar level. Schwerin, Vilsbiburg, Münster of course, but also Hamburg, Stuttgart and maybe Wiesbaden could always be good for a surprise. Actually, one of the most interesting questions this season for me is which team will have to go down to 2nd league as 11th ranked, there is no team at all that looks significantly weaker than some others. I expect it to be one of Aachen/Potsdam/Köpenick, but if things go bad for them, even Suhl could be down there, but I'd be really surprised because even if they lost their stars, they still have several good players and most of all a very good young coach.

Alemannia Aachen will play a friendly match against VC Weert tonight, it's the first match for them with the complete team. On Youtube I found a short clip of them from a tournament in Meijel (NED) which they won, Karine Muijlwijk made a very good impression there, very powerful spikes and jump serves, I hope she will stay healthy, then she can be a very good player in the league :thumbup:

• Schwerin shouldn't be incomplete with less than 4 weeks to go until the season. What do they think, some star player will suddenly be available??? :S
    I'm also worried about Patricia Thormann, she has not been on any of Schwerin's photos recently, not even on the official team photo shooting session. But as usual, the club does not give any infos :wall:

For me, Dresden is the biggest candidate for titles this season, but behind them, a lot of teams are on a very similar level. Schwerin, Vilsbiburg, Münster of course, but also Hamburg, Stuttgart and maybe Wiesbaden could always be good for a surprise. Actually, one of the most interesting questions this season for me is which team will have to go down to 2nd league as 11th ranked, there is no team at all that looks significantly weaker than some others. I expect it to be one of Aachen/Potsdam/Köpenick, but if things go bad for them, even Suhl could be down there, but I'd be really surprised because even if they lost their stars, they still have several good players and most of all a very good young coach.

Alemannia Aachen will play a friendly match against VC Weert tonight, it's the first match for them with the complete team. On Youtube I found a short clip of them from a tournament in Meijel (NED) which they won, Karine Muijlwijk made a very good impression there, very powerful spikes and jump serves, I hope she will stay healthy, then she can be a very good player in the league :thumbup:

I agree about Schwerin...actually a shame..in 4 weeks starts Bundesliga and CL... :aww:

About Muijlwijk...I don't know what to expect actually...she had a very good 2010-2011 season in Sliedrecht Sport..previous season she missed by a severe shoulder-injury. Wait and see.

Actually, one of the most interesting questions this season for me is which team will have to go down to 2nd league as 11th ranked...

I see quite a chance that there will be no team going down in the end, because right now I don't see any teams in the minor leagues with strong ambitions to join 1st division. But who Knows what will happen until next summer.

PS:: Remember last season? Schwerin was incomplete almost until the first day game day. In the end they walked away with two titles.

• In the end they walked away with two titles

Thanks to play-offs, a weak regular season can be repaired :win:

Will there be play-offs again in upcoming season?

• Thanks to play-offs, a weak regular season can be repaired :win:

Will there be play-offs again in upcoming season?

yes...the one and only team not making it to the playoffs will be relegated ;) kind of. There will be pre-playoffs 7-10 and the top-6 are qualified for quarterfinals...

• I see quite a chance that there will be no team going down in the end, because right now I don't see any teams in the minor leagues with strong ambitions to join 1st division. But who Knows what will happen until next summer.

PS:: Remember last season? Schwerin was incomplete almost until the first day game day. In the end they walked away with two titles.

I also think no team will go down eventually, but to put it another way, one team will not be in pre-playoffs, so the question is who will that be.

About Schwerin, it's the same story every year with them, I remember two years ago it came very surprising that they had Topic and Adlerova in their roster, they traditionally announce players very late, so I hope they'll be able to build a good team once again...

About Muijlwijk...I don't know what to expect actually...she had a very good 2010-2011 season in Sliedrecht Sport..previous season she missed by a severe shoulder-injury. Wait and see.

See for yourself: (Aachen was without the two main OHs and without first setter but still won the tournament without losing a set. I have no idea who the other teams were though ;) )

[media]

[media]

• I already did :win: But I would like not to make statements/expectations based on only a few minutes-video of a friendly match.. ;)

• I already did :win: But I would like not to make statements/expectations based on only a few minutes-video of a friendly match.. ;)

I agree with that, but for me it was the first time I watched Muijlwijk so I had no idea what to expect, and what we can see in the video is at least "promising" ;) Also the Polish libero looks quite good.

By the way, do you know where Aachen's ex-libero Simone Legerstee will play this season?