Germany - DVL 1. Bundesliga 2012/13

• I saw in Sttutgart fb page that there will be a game vs Dresden (6 Oct)?? It was written something like 2.Bundesliga ??? Is that possible? And if it is a friendly it can't be on 6 Oct? Ok, I just want to know if and when will Stutgart play a friendly, are they in this tournament near Dresden? I'm confused, Matthias :white:

Радо Стойчев каза: Мизия, Тракия, Македония! Западните покрайнини - завинаги български!

• I saw in Sttutgart fb page that there will be a game vs Dresden (6 Oct)?? It was written something like 2.Bundesliga ??? Is that possible? And if it is a friendly it can't be on 6 Oct? Ok, I just want to know if and when will Stutgart play a friendly, are they in this tournament near Dresden? I'm confused, Matthias :white:

Possibly Stuttgart's 2nd team plays a friendly against Dresden' 2nd team at 6th October..

Dresden's 1st team takes part in Dippoldswalde tournament this weekend; Stuttgart's 1st team doesn't.

• Thank you very much, it seems Stuttgart first team will play friendlies in the last moment

Радо Стойчев каза: Мизия, Тракия, Македония! Западните покрайнини - завинаги български!

• Due to the illness of some players, Vilsbiburg will not be able to participate at the tournament in Dippoldiswalde.

• Due to the illness of some players, Vilsbiburg will not be able to participate at the tournament in Dippoldiswalde.

Very sad...

And what about the tournament: Pool B contains 3 teams now :white:

:white: Bad news...what's up there? Stomach flu epidemy?

EDIT: Vilsbiburg website says some players are infected with Adeno virus :S I hope they'll get well soon and not infect more teammates...

By the way, Sonja Newcombe made a new entry to her blog. Very nice to read that she feels well in the team and enjoys her time here :)

• :white: Bad news...what's up there? Stomach flu epidemy?

It´s a viral infection.
    The management says, it makes no sense to let them play when they´re not healthy.
    "Also with respect to our opponents, we have canceled the participation, since the risk of transmission of the virus is much too high, " says manager André Wehnert.

• It´s a viral infection.
    The management says, it makes no sense to let them play when they´re not healthy.
    "Also with respect to our opponents, we have canceled the participation, since the risk of transmission of the virus is much too high, " says manager André Wehnert.

What a pity. But certainly the right decision. Get well soon, Raben girls.

• Due to the withdrawal of Vilsbiburg, teams of Pool B in Dippold-Turnier will play each other twice.

First results:
    Schwerin - Aachen 2:0 25:15, 25:17
    Dresden - VCO Berlin 2:0 25:12, 25:16

VfB Suhl - USC Münster 2:1 25:20 16:25 15:3
    VC Olympia Berlin - VT Aur. Hamburg 1:2 29:31 25:20 10:15

Schwerin - Münster 2:0 25:16 25:9 :white:
    Dresden - Hamburg 2:0 25:18 25:20

Results will be updated regularly here

• I guess after the first few matches it's safe to say that Dresden and Schwerin seem to be one level higher than the rest of the teams. I hope there will be some more info about who played etc on the various clubs' (FB) sites soon...

EDIT: Dresden against VCO Berlin: Gryka, Pietersen, Schwabe, Schoot, De Kruijf, Karg, Stock (L) and against Hamburg: Apitz, Izquierdo, Utla, Schwabe, De Kruijf, Heyrman, Schoot (L).

• It seems Schwerin is in very good shape at the moment (recent weeks)...According to Teun Buijs their reception (Thomsen, Völker, Ziegler) is very good, so they can play a very fast game.

• It seems Schwerin is in very good shape at the moment (recent weeks)...According to Teun Buijs their reception (Thomsen, Völker, Ziegler) is very good, so they can play a very fast game.

I recently watched a match from Mevza F4 2011 when Konecna was playing for Doprastav and she appears to be a very solid receiver too, plus she has a very powerful and stable jump serve, so now I hope Schwerin will eventually sign her, I think she'd fit well into their team. And it looks like Teun Buijs has become a fan of playing with MB-style Opp last season :D (remember Schwerin played that way already before he came).

• I recently watched a match from Mevza F4 2011 when Konecna was playing for Doprastav and she appears to be a very solid receiver too, plus she has a very powerful and stable jump serve, so now I hope Schwerin will eventually sign her, I think she'd fit well into their team. And it looks like Teun Buijs has become a fan of playing with MB-style Opp last season :D (remember Schwerin played that way already before he came).

Konecna is the Slovakian OH, right?

If Schwerin transfers her, there are 4 strong OHs..Curious which players will be in starting six...

And about Brandt..Do you think Buijs will use her as a starting-opposite ?? It's possible, but it would be a surprise (though, maybe it's necessary..nobody know how serious Thormann's injury is)

• Konecna is the Slovakian OH, right?

If Schwerin transfers her, there are 4 strong OHs..Curious which players will be in starting six...

And about Brandt..Do you think Buijs will use her as a starting-opposite ?? It's possible, but it would be a surprise (though, maybe it's necessary..nobody know how serious Thormann's injury is)

Yup, Konecna is the Slovak OH. There are highlight videos of her from her agency on Youtube ;) But why 4 OHs? Janine Völker is expected to play as libero, she only played OH in preparations because Buijs was not healthy yet and the only OH beside that was Lousiane. By the way, Teun Buijs said that Meagan Ganzer has knee problems and that's the reason they did not sign her eventually. But judging from Ganzer's highlight videos, Konecna would be a much better player for Schwerin anyway, so maybe it was "Glück im Unglück" ;)

No idea about Brandt...I'm really looking forward to watch her playing to see if she really improved that much over summer. And about Thormann, it's mysterious...even if she's injured, why is she not even on the official team photo?? So I think there might be something else (maybe pregnancy?? only a guess though at the moment...).

Last results of today:
    Aachen - Suhl 2:1 23:25, 25:23, 18:16 (I really hope for a video of that...)
    Dresden - VCO Berlin again 2:0 25:20, 25:13

Last preliminary matches and semifinals tomorrow, classification matches and finals on Sunday.

• And about Thormann, it's mysterious...even if she's injured, why is she not even on the official team photo?? So I think there might be something else (maybe pregnancy?? only a guess though at the moment...).

Well, i guess by no later than about nine months we will know more...

• But why 4 OHs? Janine Völker is expected to play as libero, she only played OH in preparations because Buijs was not healthy yet and the only OH beside that was Lousiane

Thanks for the info :win: I thought Völker to be an OH..

So the current Schweriner roster is like this:

Setters: Hanke, Joachim
    L: Thomsen, Völker
    MB: Steenbergen, the Slovakian girl, (Brandt)
    OH: Buijs, Lousiane Ziegler, Konecna(?)
    Opp: Thormann (?) (Brandt)

That's no deep roster (understatement) :whistle: :whistle:

• You forgot young MB Wiebke Offer, but I have no idea how good (or bad) she plays. On the official team photo is also Lisa Stein, 18 year old OH who played in Schwerin's 2nd team last season, but there is no info about if she will be full member of the first team now. But yes, I agree it's not a deep roster, but the advantage is that several players can play on various positions...

• Last preliminary results:
    Schwerin - Suhl 2:0 (16, 23)
    Münster - Aachen 2:1 (18:25, 25:20, 15:9)
    Hamburg - VCO 2:0 (22, 12)
    Hamburg - Dresden 2:1 (25:19, 19:25, 15:13)

Pool A:
    1. Schwerin
    2. Suhl
    3. Aachen
    4. Münster
    Suhl, Aachen and Münster all have 4 points and 3:5 sets, so point ratio decided the ranking

Pool B:
    1. Dresden
    2. Hamburg
    3. VCO Berlin

3rd and 4th ranked teams play round robin for 5th-7th places, semifinals are Schwerin-Hamburg (northern derby) and Dresden-Suhl (eastern derby).