Italy - Serie A 2012-2013

• Savani ,Zaytsev and Travica gave seperate interviews to newspapers and their main subject was Juantorena's possible inclusion to Italian national team. They made it clear that they don't want him in Italian national team. They didn't say just we don' t want foreigners, they especially gave his name and underlined it.
    after the supercoppa match, they made fun of him. (the corean serve )From what I read even their girlfriends involved.
    Osmany wrote in twitter that it is not their business , it doesn't concern them. (he didn't give any name but it was clear he was talking about this subject. )
    Now the president of federation is saying just shut up.

• Pardon me for the stupid question, but what do they (Savani, Travica, Zaytsev) have against Juantorena that they don't want him in the NT? I doubt they feel insecure of their starting line up positions. Is it the Kazan saga or the underarm serve?
    What did the girlfriends do? :rolll:

• I don't want Juantorena in the Italian team, it's not fair to buy your way to the medals, either with rules or with countless legionnaires. Zaytsev at least is born in Italy.

• How can Travica (that is not "italian at all") said he doesn't want him in the NT? :thumbdown:

Savani spoke only because he know Juantorena is stronger and he will be the starter instead of him!

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• He have just to close his mouth!

This is not a good moment for the Italian volleyball, female and male :S

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

• How can Travica (that is not "italian at all") said he doesn't want him in the NT? :thumbdown:

Savani spoke only because he know Juantorena is stronger and he will be the starter instead of him!

Savani may not lose his spot on courte. He changed position to play together with Parodi and Zaytsev in NT in 2010. I guess Parodi may be in big trouble if Osmany will play for Italian NT.

I really hope he won't. We are italian or what? No more foreign players in NTs please.

Btw, Dragan loses another big chance to shut up, as always! :down:

• This is one of the reason because I don't like Travica XD

...but in Macareta this year Zaytsev has done (in the friendly matches and in the championship) better thinks than Savani as OP....
    I prefer Parodi instead of Savani

MALE Zaytsev, Lasko, Kovar, Travica, Juantorena
    FEMALE Aguero OR Costagrande

WTFFFFFF :huh:

• there is another case also in Italian male NT?
    I don't know what to think...if we really want a pure Italian NT then no Zaytsev, Kovar,Lasko or Travica as well (I mean if they have to be totally Italian, born from italian parents)
    but as we are in 2012 I think that this is a consequence of globalization..this kind of melting pot is normall! otherwise in american's NT onle pure americans had to play there so no Hooker, Scott, Haneef,Hodge and so on...
    it is a very open minded idea, that is adaptable to every nation in the world not just to this case! to me the doors for NT are open for everyone if you prove to be good for it, no matter if your parents come from another country and besides the color of your skin!

• Travica is Italian as much as me Born in Zagreb, parents are from Serbia Not to mention Zlatanov, Simeonov, Cernić, Kovar and other ''Italian'' players

Imagine Zlatanov, Konstantinov and Kaziyski in one team 2004-2008 :cheesy:

I don't know what to think...if we really want a pure Italian NT then no Zaytsev, Kovar,Lasko or Travica as well (I mean if they have to be totally Italian, born from italian parents)
    but as we are in 2012 I think that this is a consequence of globalization..this kind of melting pot is normall! otherwise in american's NT onle pure americans had to play there so no Hooker, Scott, Haneef,Hodge and so on...
    it is a very open minded idea, that is adaptable to every nation in the world not just to this case! to me the doors for NT are open for everyone if you prove to be good for it, no matter if your parents come from another country and besides the color of your skin!

African - Americans are part of this country from couple of centuries. I don't mean it ethnically, but nationally speaking. Zaytsev is born in Italy, therefore he is Italian. He grew in Italy, he learned the volleyball there. Zlatanov and Simeonov are different cases - late legionnaires.

American is not an ethnicity. "Pure American" does not exist and it certainly does not mean white. Hooker, Scott, Haneef, Hodge are all as pure American as it gets.

What a terribly ignorant thing to say on the part of Savani, Zaytsev, and Travica. Juantorena is infinitely better than Savani and would not doubt have him sitting on the bench.

• I think you guys deviated from the topic a bit :) I think what they said has nothing to do with ethnicity, but rather some personal attitude towards Juantorena, I even suspect it has a lot to do with the "rocket" serve he made against Zaytsev's Roma Volley. Italian NT members are the last ones, to say the least, to complain about globalization in the world, so I am kind of sure it is all based on some personal conflict. Even spicier games will follow from now on between Macerata and Trento :)

• Yes, I think the main reason is the serve

• African - Americans are part of this country from couple of centuries. I don't mean it ethnically, but nationally speaking. Zaytsev is born in Italy, therefore he is Italian. He grew in Italy, he learned the volleyball there. Zlatanov and Simeonov are different cases - late legionnaires.

I totally agree with you.

• I personally find Zaytsev and especially Travica too arrogant. I think part of their negative attitude is because Juantorena was the poster boy of the team that set the tone and dominated the Italian league. Zaytsev and Travica had a youtube video about their dreams at the start of the last season,they were playing in different teams but their common dream was stopping Trentino.
    From Juantorena's interview ;

Addressing Kazan or Belchatow is the same thing for me, is a game like any other. I want to do a year without controversy, to me there are already enough last season. Everyone has already talked enough about me, so I prefer to let people talk and controversy, to print out short. There are several of your colleagues who call me to know if I want to reply to Travica or Zaytsev on my possible arrival in the Italian national team (two players Lube have publicly expressed doubts about it, ed) but I do not care to answer. This year I just want to stay calm and think of my work, I want to talk onlyin field. "

• American is not an ethnicity. "Pure American" does not exist and it certainly does not mean white. Hooker, Scott, Haneef, Hodge are all as pure American as it gets.

I expressed myself in a wrong way...I know that pure american doesn't exist, what I'd like to say is that also italian society is evolving and is becoming a melting pot, so it has no sense for me to talk about pure italians or pure americans and so on..

I think you guys deviated from the topic a bit :) I think what they said has nothing to do with ethnicity, but rather some personal attitude towards Juantorena, I even suspect it has a lot to do with the "rocket" serve he made against Zaytsev's Roma Volley. Italian NT members are the last ones, to say the least, to complain about globalization in the world, so I am kind of sure it is all based on some personal conflict. Even spicier games will follow from now on between Macerata and Trento :)

I hope you're right...it would show quite a childish behaviour anyway!

• Modena was also a bit "unlucky"

• Can anyone see Piacenza-San Giustino from sportube?

I see a motor race!