Italy - Serie A 2012-2013

• Perugia-Piacenza 1-3, Holt......... :obey: :obey: :obey: 14 points with 5 aces, but in general his serve everytime created big big troubles in Perugia's defence...let's close it on monday at home, and focus on Macerata, even if Latina...... :whistle:

2001: Italian champions beach volley 4x4
    2002: Italian League Serie A2 - Italian Cup Serie A2
    2004: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2006: Top Teams Cup - Italian Cup's runner up
    2007: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2008: Champions league's runner up - Italian league's runner up
    2009: Italian League
    2009: Italian Supercup
    2010: Cev Cup's runner up
    2013: Challenge Cup
    <<We're always with you, and we will never leave you alone!>>

• Hristo Zlatanov became the best scorer of this match and of Serie A1 in its history with 8454pts, more than Lorenzo Bernardi!

Cuneo changed the scheme into normal in the 4th set placing Sokolov as only opposite and they won vs Modena proving my theory

• Yeah great accomplishment By Hristo Zlatanov. I couldn't watch the game last night because I was watching Cuneo, but Piacenza have really good team and Holt is usually good in serving.

I'm just a volleyball fan and I don't pretend to understand the game in big details, but for me Cuneo was better in the 4th and 5th set. First of all this way Sokolov is not wasted half of the time. Second of all it's easier for him to block when he has help from another middle blocker (for example Rossi). Not to mention Rossi actually has good float serve. For me they should try with this rotation. I actually think that they had to try this rotation in the Champions League finale, but like I said I'm just a fan.

• Perugia-Piacenza 1-3, Holt......... :obey: :obey: :obey: 14 points with 5 aces, but in general his serve everytime created big big troubles in Perugia's defence...let's close it on monday at home, and focus on Macerata, even if Latina...... :whistle:

I agree with you...yesterday Holt (and also Zlatanov) was brilliant! and De Cecco: :cheesy: :obey:
    just one negative impression about Piacenza: they knew they were superior, and they proved it in the first and third set but for that reason they sometimes lost their concentration, Perugia came up and won the second and nearly the fourth! they can do such things and have some black outs against Perugia but I don't think Macerata or other big teams won't take advantage of it!

• I agree with you...yesterday Holt (and also Zlatanov) was brilliant! and De Cecco: :cheesy: :obey:
    just one negative impression about Piacenza: they knew they were superior, and they proved it in the first and third set but for that reason they sometimes lost their concentration, Perugia came up and won the second and nearly the fourth! they can do such things and have some black outs against Perugia but I don't think Macerata or other big teams won't take advantage of it!

Don't worry, they will change the style vs Macerata and will turn on the Terminator from Cuba :D

• Don't worry, they will change the style vs Macerata and will turn on the Terminator from Cuba :D

I think so too, at the end their experience will turn out, also because they have the great opportunity to reach the final as Macerata is not playing so well recently!

• Macerata can't keep high level until Travica is the main setter. The team gave his best even with all the injuries it had. Now it looks like they're done. In a 5 games final they have no chance.

• Piazza didn't know what to do in the tiebreak, replaced Sokolov after he got blocked oncde and put Antonov who got blocked worse, so Nikola Grbic came and requested the reverse change. Sokolov scored the final point vs triple block after that.

• Piazza didn't know what to do in the tiebreak, replaced Sokolov after he got blocked oncde and put Antonov who got blocked worse, so Nikola Grbic came and requested the reverse change. Sokolov scored the final point vs triple block after that.

And his team is 2nd in Europe :cheesy:

• In Piazza's defense it wasn't Sokolov's best game for sure. He was good, just not that brilliant. However that final point was really good.

The first two sets though Cuneo played terrible. They needed the third set to start playing. Did they think that the first two were just training? With such game I don't see how they will win against Trentino.

Also I hope that Cuneo will play with this formation and leave Sokolov as opposite. It's better this way and today Rossi had really good game.

• And his team is 2nd in Europe :cheesy:

Yep, instead of first. It became second whe he let Grbic pass to Sokolov - when these two kicked Macerata's ass and they lost the gold when he didn't let Grbic pass to Sokolov. I believe more in Grbic's experience than in Piazza false calculations that are proved wrong again and again. It's not like Cuneo have a replacement for the opposite - they don't have Grozer, Mikhaylov or Nilsson, they have Antonov and he is not good enough. And replacing someone after one RANDOM block is not only a sign that you don't trust him, despite that he is you best player statistically in all tournaments individually and combined (together with Wijsmans), it is a sign that you have no idea what you are doing.

• Here are the stats:

Ngapeth and Sokolov on Serve, Wijsmans and Sokolov on attack, Ngapeth on reception.Sokolov better than Celitans.

About Cuneo worst than before - I can't say Parodi was that much better than Ngapeth and Sokolov is better than Nikolov and comparable to Vissotto. Mastrangelo and Henno are missing, they made some difference, especially Henno.

• Raylight -you must be kidding. That team destroyed Trento which was also playing much better than this year.

Well, difference was with libero and with coach.

• Cuneo should have fired Mastrangelo and signed a good and free MB, like David Lee, that was free when Mastro leave the team...

The biggest difference between the squad who won the championship and this Cuneo is on the middle. N'Gapeth is a rising star, like Parodi was at the time. Sokolov and Nikolov are both high level opposites, Nikolov is much more experienced and Sakolov is much more physical and powerful. They had a world class libero like Henno, but now the have the best italian libero, De Pandis.

Now they have got just Kohut as best player in tbe middle and he's not close to Mastrangelo's level. Grbic and Wijsmans are always there.

I don't like at all the coach too.

• Well, difference was with libero and with coach.

De Pandis is really strong libero. Don't underrate him just because he doesn't play in NT. Everyone wish him to take Bari's place in starting six, 'cause Bari is the worst libero ever we ever had in our NT.

Pandino even took the best libero award in the Champions League F4.