2013 FIVB World Grand Prix

• Free 3 points to all the teams who plays against Algeria..! That's not good for the tournament :wall:

So are Cuba and Puerto Rico.. and Kazakhstan's only point came against Argentina... There aren't enough quality teams for 20 in WGP, they should go back down to 16. That would also toughen up schedules. Turkey and Italy have ridiculously easy roads to finals... if there were 16 teams, they would have to play more strong teams.

• Yesterday beier attacked and it touched but referee said it was out and kozuch asked for video system after referee said there was no 'net touch'.it would be 3-0 for germany in the 5th set if the referee could understand it,but today kazakhstan asked it and got the point :roll:

• Yesterday beier attacked and it touched but referee said it was out and kozuch asked for video system after referee said there was no 'net touch'.it would be 3-0 for germany in the 5th set if the referee could understand it,but today kazakhstan asked it and got the point :roll:

Because yesterday in this match there was not challange for block touch. They can ask about net touch and then if referee see that it was a block he/she can call it. But it is not always visible on camera for net touch.

Block touch challenge was on match Poland-Kazakhstan for the first time and today is on both matches.

• So are Cuba and Puerto Rico.. and Kazakhstan's only point came against Argentina... There aren't enough quality teams for 20 in WGP, they should go back down to 16. That would also toughen up schedules. Turkey and Italy have ridiculously easy roads to finals... if there were 16 teams, they would have to play more strong teams.

I agree that 20 is too much. At least the other teams you mentioned give their opponents a run for their money sometimes, but Algeria in WGP is just pathetic. They can be thankful for every match in which they get over 10 points in all 3 sets :down:

• Because yestarday in this match there was not challange for block touch. They can ask about net touch. And then if referee see that it was a block he/she can call it. But it is not always visible.
    Block touch challenge was on match Poland-Kazakhstan for the first time and today is on both matches.

But the tournament started yesterday in poland,it has really no sense. :white: Btw it was so visible that it was touched,was not sure if germany could win in the 5th set but its clear that after that point they lost the leading although they tried to fight until last point :)

• Because yesterday in this match there was not challange for block touch. They can ask about net touch and then if referee see that it was a block he/she can call it. But it is not always visible on camera for net touch.

But earlier in the match, there was a different scene: Ssuschke attacked, Saori touched the antenna with her hand but the referee thought that the ball touched the antenna. Germany made a challenge and it was clearly visible that Saori made the mistake, the 2nd referee went to talk to the 1st referee, but the point stayed for Japan :aww:

Don't get me wrong, I like challenge system very much, but I think the use of it should be more flexible, I mean if you can clearly see a mistake in it but you're not allowed to use what you see, then why have the system?

• But the tournament started yesterday in poland,it has really no sense. :white: Btw it was so visible that it was touched,was not sure if germany could win in the 5th set but its clear that after that point they lost the leading although they tried to fight until last point :)

Maybe but camera for net touch did not show that, because the attack was higher. And then referee can't call this block. Tournament started yesterday and this is first and only tournament where this challenge is in play. First of all in this old challange which was used in Germany-Japan match you can't check if it was block touch. They are testing this new challange right now. Poland - Kazakhstan was first match with this challange. Because it works they use it in all matches in Płock now.

• But earlier in the match, there was a different scene: Ssuschke attacked, Saori touched the antenna with her hand but the referee thought that the ball touched the antenna. Germany made a challenge and it was clearly visible that Saori made the mistake, the 2nd referee went to talk to the 1st referee, but the point stayed for Japan :aww:

Don't get me wrong, I like challenge system very much, but I think the use of it should be more flexible, I mean if you can clearly see a mistake in it but you're not allowed to use what you see, then why have the system?

It is because this referees are not familiar with it. This is something new for them. In WL finals they asked about everything a man which use it.

• When's the last time Holland played in blue kits? I thought it was all orange, all the time?

Last week against Bulgaria in Macau :lol:

• Weiss starts as setter again today...so far this summer it looked like Hanke has become 1st setter and she did well, I wonder if she has some problems (she has a bandaged thigh) or if Guidetti changed his mind. In terms of setting there is not much difference between those two, Hanke just has some advantages at the net and Weiss maybe in defense...

• So are Cuba and Puerto Rico.. and Kazakhstan's only point came against Argentina... There aren't enough quality teams for 20 in WGP, they should go back down to 16. That would also toughen up schedules. Turkey and Italy have ridiculously easy roads to finals... if there were 16 teams, they would have to play more strong teams.

Serbia has the same road maybe easier than those two.. :whistle: