World League 2013

• Unbelievable Poland gets 3 points only from 4 matches :whistle: They still have a chance to go to Final six though but if Bulgaria beats them twice in Sofia, theyre done.

Easy, easy. We're not going anywhere :P And I'm actually starting to think that's a good thing. We're having the next ECH and WCH at home and now is the only possible time to test some new players in the long run. And I seriously hope AA will do just that. Knowing him a bit already, there would've been no way in hell he would've risked bringing in a rookie with the finals still being an option.

I'm just sorry for the guys, they fought their asses off. And Wrona! Didn't really like the guy while he was playing in Delecta, but now I'm becoming a huge fan. Eloquent, modest and very much dedicated. Such a shame he hasn't had a chance to experience an NT match win yet.

• Ah today Argentina definitely played better, we definitely played worse. And I can't even be happy about the win because of those bad ref calls. There should have been 5th set. They were definitely robbed.

• Refs were horrible. Alexiev saved the game on a couple of occasions. Just don't know what was wrong with Skrimov, he had horrible attack. And that is why we had problems, one main player out of the attacking and we were predictable. Think Bratoev should have stayed more on court, his reception is not bad either.

• Wait did they use video replay sytem in France-Poland and Bulgaria-Argentina match? I think they didnt. My monitor is a bit damaged so I couldnt clearly see whats happening.

• Refs were horrible. Alexiev saved the game on a couple of occasions. Just don't know what was wrong with Skrimov, he had horrible attack. And that is why we had problems, one main player out of the attacking and we were predictable. Think Bratoev should have stayed more on court, his reception is not bad either.

Skrimov has an injury AFAIK, that is why he was not hitting his serve the way he can and also struggled in attack.

• Wait did they use video replay sytem in France-Poland and Bulgaria-Argentina match? I think they didnt. My monitor is a bit damaged so I couldnt clearly see whats happening.

no not video replay for ARG vs BUL and although some may argue the first set point for ARG was a mistake from the referee (the block out I mean) the SECOND one however was...WTF? :wacko: :cheesy:
    Sokolov spiked BEHIND the antena 2 meters out :cheesy: yet he gave this point to us! Un*@#%&&ing believable!

• Bulgaria didn't really need the gifts at the end of the fourth set. Maybe the victory would've tasted a bit better with 2 points won instead of 3. Anyway, this is really the first time I remember Bulgaria receiving gifts from referees. And trust me, I can enumerate a lot of games when we were robbed, no matter hosts or not. Let's not dig further, bad refereeing in this second match and a much better Argentina. They took many risks in the first set and it paid out. What I liked in the Bulgarian team was the atmosphere, the attitude and the ability to handle a 0-1 deficit against a great opponent like Argentina.

Apart from Brazil these days, every other NT has a lot of room for improvement. Bulgaria had an unrealistic display yesterday, but the real problems showed up today and it was correct to not be too euphoric yet. Skrimov is still out of shape, Sokolov's serve is 50-50, a series of consecutive serve mistakes often made when the tempo drops, common float serve reception problems (Sole decidede early that first set). What I am optimistic about is the ability of Placci do his job for the time being. Let's face it, he was the man in charge in London, he is the one to engineer these four victories since the start of the WL. And the guy has always been just an assistant coach for most of his life.

Bengolea seems to have improved a lot since the last time I watched him in Europe (Cannes and Berlin). Romanutti was also important at times today, as well Pereyra. But overall Weber would suffer for not having Conte around. His absence makes Argentina, or at least it seems so, an easier team to deal with. They need to kick back at home for the Final round, though.

• no not video replay for ARG vs BUL and although some may argue the first set point for ARG was a mistake from the referee (the block out I mean) the SECOND one however was...WTF?
    Sokolov spiked BEHIND the antena 2 meters out yet he gave this point to us! Un*@#%&&ing believable!

thanks nadejda.. :super:

• Poland I won't comment for now. Need to watch the matches with France first. They played OK the second match with Brazil I was able to watch so I don't think their problems are anything but mental. (or at least I hope so)

• I don't know what you guys think, but I firmly believe the time has come for Georgi Bratoev to play in a serious club somewhere abroad. He deserves more than Levski or even Second Russian Division. Even if he might've received the Best Setter award for the domestic WL 2012 as a present, he had brilliant Games and is now definitely among the best setters in the World League. I watched quite some setters already, in my modest opinion the ones he can't compete with are only Bruno and De Cecco. About the rest we can argue, but he's been showing great things so far this summer and I hope some scouting is finally to be made. If I were Moculescu, I wouldn't miss the chance to recruit him in VfB, his brother + plus Gotsev are already there, it could be the chance for VfB to tackle with Berlin for the Bundesliga.

• Don't be worried, Argentina, that's kind of normal situation when it comes to playing in Bulgaria ;) Next weekend would probably be lucky for you, earning some points on defending champions, who's going to be the last team in group, seems to be easier, than you think (as a laughing through the tears :S ).

• Don't be worried, Argentina, that's kind of normal situation when it comes to playing in Bulgaria ;) Next weekend would probably be lucky for you, earning some points on defending champions, who's going to be the last team in group, seems to be easier, than you think (as a laughing through the tears :S ).

haha thanks for the funny comment but we will be going back home with what we always get from trips to Poland: two 3-0 and a couple of airport souvenirs :rolll:

Well that is for sure not true. ;) And quite offensive suggesting such a ridiculous thing.
    There was no block-out of Skrimov, it was really hard to be said but still ..and Sokolov didn't spike behind as it had been stated here in this forum.

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• Well that is for sure not true. ;) And quite offensive suggesting such a ridiculous thing.

Please, just don't take it so seriously, 'cause I could say you can't win without referee's mistakes, which are positive for your side and that would be much more ridiculous 8)

• Please, just don't take it so seriously, 'cause I could say you can't win without referee's mistakes, which are positive for your side and that would be much more ridiculous 8)

That's pretty strange claim considering the referees mistakes in your favor against us in World League. We don't get referee support as usual practice, and I haven't heard comments like from Plamen Konstantinov that the referee helped us before.

• See, mom, I can do it with one hand!