Montreux Volley Masters 2013

• Dominican Republic is Living Fossil. Eight years ago They had the same level as now and after 4 years will be the same. No progress no regress. Nothing. Zero.

Big positive suprise- Russia as Runner Up.

Big negative suprise- Germany's Senior kicked asses by China's Junior..

• Dominican Republic is Living Fossil. Eight years ago They had the same level as now and after 4 years will be the same. No progress no regress. Nothing. Zero.

Big positive suprise- Russia as Runner Up.

Big negative suprise- Germany's Senior kicked asses by China's Junior..

I'm also negatively surprised by Dominican, I mean they really have no progress and they have good players.. Brenda is the best libero in the world IMO, Rivera is a good OH can both receive and spike, De la Cruz is really strong spiker (although after the WC her form got down..) Mambru is a good opposite, good serve strong spikes... Vargas is or should I say was good MB, now she's not anything special but other positive thing in Dom Rep. is Arias! She is very young I remember her watching at the Junior level and now she is starting MB in senior and she is good.. she should be transfered by some club here in Europe and she could be a monster.... so I really have no idea why this team is not competitive.. with these individual they for sure can compete with USA and Brazil - not beat them but they can play and they always lose.. Only big problem is the setter position...

• Congratulations to Brazil NT! :drink:

Unhappiness some of our new players, Tandara, Angélica and Bia was recovering from injuries and couldn't play. Nice to watch the competitiveness of the group. They played the greatest matches of the tournament. I wish to see Bia and Angélica playing in Alassio Cup, at least against Japan.

Some new faces delighted me too much. I mention two of them: Zhu Ting and Irina Zaryazhko. Zhu Ting can join chinese senior's team now. She is ready and my bet for China NT to 2016. Irina can help to solve one of Russia's NT weakness: attack from the middle. With Gamova and Sokolova becoming older and older, middle spikes will be very useful to Russia. They can't disregard it anymore.

• Congratulations to Brazil NT! :drink:

Unhappiness some of our new players, Tandara, Angélica and Bia was recovering from injuries and couldn't play. Nice to watch the competitiveness of the group. They played the greatest matches of the tournament. I wish to see Bia and Angélica playing in Alassio Cup, at least against Japan.

Some new faces delighted me too much. I mention two of them: Zhu Ting and Irina Zaryazhko. Zhu Ting can join chinese senior's team now. She is ready and my bet for China NT to 2016. Irina can help to solve one of Russia's NT weakness: attack from the middle. With Gamova and Sokolova becoming older and older, middle spikes will be very useful to Russia. They can't disregard it anymore.

Totally agreed!Especially Zhu Ting, she has the potential to be a very excellent player! I knew since that since last year when China vs Japan in Asia Youth Tournament. At that time sha got 17points from 29 spikes and Japanse block meant nothing to her. That was very impressive.Recently as she became the best scorer in the competition, many topics among fans are about her. someone thinks that since she is 1.95, verry tall, she propably cannot do a good job in reception and defense and thus advise that maybe she should change her position to be a outside hitter. I don't think so. I think she has a gift for opposite. I believe she can manage to improve her reception and defense. AS Russia, one of the obvious change is that they become faster and the players are not that tall as before on the whole.The headcoach of Russia had said he wanted to build up a faster Russia NT.

• Totally agreed!Especially Zhu Ting, she has the potential to be a very excellent player! I knew since that since last year when China vs Japan in Asia Youth Tournament. At that time sha got 17points from 29 spikes and Japanse block meant nothing to her. That was very impressive.Recently as she became the best scorer in the competition, many topics among fans are about her. someone thinks that since she is 1.95, verry tall, she propably cannot do a good job in reception and defense and thus advise that maybe she should change her position to be a outside hitter. I don't think so. I think she has a gift for opposite. I believe she can manage to improve her reception and defense. AS Russia, one of the obvious change is that they become faster and the players are not that tall as before on the whole.The headcoach of Russia had said he wanted to build up a faster Russia NT.

What's her team in chinese league? Does she play there like opposite too?

• What's her team in chinese league? Does she play there like opposite too?

The last one of League A - Team Henan. In Season 05-06, Team Henan is the third. However, flop,flop,flop, only a former player in China senior NT - Wang Ting (Henan/Evergrande). It is said that Team Henan may tranfer some people to Team Evergrande. So may Team Hebei.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• I'm also negatively surprised by Dominican, I mean they really have no progress and they have good players.. Brenda is the best libero in the world IMO, Rivera is a good OH can both receive and spike, De la Cruz is really strong spiker (although after the WC her form got down..) Mambru is a good opposite, good serve strong spikes... Vargas is or should I say was good MB, now she's not anything special but other positive thing in Dom Rep. is Arias! She is very young I remember her watching at the Junior level and now she is starting MB in senior and she is good.. she should be transfered by some club here in Europe and she could be a monster.... so I really have no idea why this team is not competitive.. with these individual they for sure can compete with USA and Brazil - not beat them but they can play and they always lose.. Only big problem is the setter position...

I don't agree with Bartek, because this team from past years improved a lot. Now they have bad form, but I hope on Norceca championship they'll show them real performance.

If in the six will play Marte, Yonkaira, Fersola... I'm sure this team will be good... just coach can't be blind and with them.. game of the team is definitelly better.

And here is not problem with setter, because if he gave chance to play for Marte it looks definitelly better than Echenique. Problem is that these players like Marte, Yonkaira, Fersola, Arias still don't have too much game on highest level on the court. If they will get experience... Just will be great to show real power of DR NT.

• :D Your post borned new question- when hadn't Dominican Republic bad form over since 2004? :lol:

• :D Your post borned new question- when hadn't Dominican Republic bad form over since 2004? :lol:

you made my day :lol:

2012 (Olympic Games and qualifications), in 2011 (Norceca championships -2nd place), 2009 (Norceca championship - 1st place).. do you want more?

• Well Bartol to speak about Dominican Republic form in prisme of Norceca is without sense because only USA has non-Norceca level so You may beat Cuba- as in qualification to OG or Puerto Rico- as in 2009 Norceca Champs also in bad form.

If We speak about Olympic Games- when did You see good form? During matches vs Algeria or Great Britain?

• Well Bartol to speak about Dominican Republic form in prisme of Norceca is without sense because only USA has non-Norceca level so You may beat Cuba- as in qualification to OG or Puerto Rico- as in 2009 Norceca Champs also in bad form.

If We speak about Olympic Games- when did You see good form? During matches vs Algeria or Great Britain?

No, form doesn't mean results. Form means level of the game. In Olympic Games Dominican Republic was on good form, but they weren't enough good to beat Italy or Russia (they played good matches against them) or USA.

It doesn't matter... they won NORCECA title 2009 with good form and silver medal in 2011 in good form too, so sorry. Don't forget that this is still young team. The best performance will be in Rio or even in 2020. Young players are so talented, so just wait for get experience and will be ideal.

• In 2020 Dominican Republic will be in ideal form.. sounds as a few months ago- on 22.12.2012 will be World's end..

• Russian girls are so cute!!

What's wrong with the bad attitude guy think that just to celebrate their reward was bad?

• Dominican Republic needs a decent setter.

Both Echenique and Marte do not possess solid techniques. They tend to break down in fierce sessions. Just recall the last scores with Brazil in montreux volley masters 2013.
    Echenique is so slow with her steps whereas Marte cannot seem to take the ball gently enough...(bear with my English. I am not sure if I will get across my ideas)

The team also needs better reception..

I'd say it's unfair to say the team shows no progress. Since the Brazilian coach led the team, I have seen a significant improvement in bloc-defense.

• This what I told higher. They don't need decent setter. Players must be faster and Marte didn't practice with team so much, because played in Azerbaijan last season, that's why sometime her quick game isn't so good like she would like to play and still this team need to have better conection in the court. If Kwiek won't be blind anymore and he'll put Marte to play... she will improve (she is still young to compare with Echenique), get experience and will be better, because she has potential and she thinks on the court, not like Echenique (high ball to left and high ball to right).

• i watched a little of the montreux matches on YT. i thought yonkaira pena was exciting but i find the RD team frustrating. with their height and physique, they could be a top 10 team, but although they have good attackers (bethania specially can be so exciting), they make so many stupid mistakes and they are so inconsistent. i don't know if it's the coaching or what. in the olympics, they were lucky to be in the weakest pool otherwise they'd never get to the QF.