Dutch NT 2013-2014

• Dutch Federation now confirms 3rd friendly match, on Sunday, (tomorrow) will be played at 11 AM Local Time / 4 PM CET. The match will be broadcasted LIVE by SporTV --> http://www.brasiltvs.com/menu-sportv.html

• So far I didn't find it at youtube...

Do you know where I can find picture-galleries of the match?

What are the best Brazilian volleyball-websites?

1st match: http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/imprensa/abrir.asp?id=1729
    2nd: http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/imprensa/abrir.asp?id=1733

It's what I found. Uol usually have a gallery, but not this time.

• :lol: :teach:
    Anyone has today's link?
    The match will start soon!

• 3rd friendly:

Brazil 3-0 Netherlands (25-11, 25-19, 25-16)
    Considering the score, Brazil crushed Dutch NT today...
    I didn't see the match, unfortunately

I hope it was a good experience for our girls to play against Brazil!

• 3rd friendly:

Brazil 3-0 Netherlands (25-11, 25-19, 25-16)
    Considering the score, Brazil crushed Dutch NT today...
    I didn't see the match, unfortunately

I hope it was a good experience for our girls to play against Brazil!

Vermuelen started with Knip as libero today and Buijs as OH, the reception didnt work for the dutch team, and made harder the attack. Later he entered with Plak and also Quinta that started on bench and Dijkema, and things got bit better...but was definetly the worse play day for the dutch team...and at the same time it was the best play Brazil did in three matches.

Plus it was really hot in the gym, I guess the dutch girls felt more than the brazilians.

But it was a good chance for all to play in dutch eam witch is good.

I hope Theo, bring the dutch team against to Brazil in next years. ^^ And specially in Rio 2016...I hope to see them around. ;)

• I think it was a great chance to Dutch NT to play against Brazil. They have a really young and promissing team and years by years they will get better with more international experiences. Today the team played badly, but we have to consider that Brazil did a very consistent match on service, and then this game was easier than the others. I do believe in Dutch NT this year and I think that they can fight for each point in every game, and if Flier get better, of course that they can win and compete for titles in 2013 ;) For WGP, I think that Guido should work with Stoltenborg, Flier, Grothues, Buijs, Steenbergen, De Kruijf and Schoot as starting players, keeping Pietersen, Plak, Sletjes, Dijkema and Belien as options.

And I was thinking where is Angelique Vergeer... Is she injured or out of Guido's plans? In the last 2 years she was considered one very good option for the future. ?(

• I think it was a great chance to Dutch NT to play against Brazil. They have a really young and promissing team and years by years they will get better with more international experiences. Today the team played badly, but we have to consider that Brazil did a very consistent match on service, and then this game was easier than the others. I do believe in Dutch NT this year and I think that they can fight for each point in every game, and if Flier get better, of course that they can win and compete for titles in 2013 ;) For WGP, I think that Guido should work with Stoltenborg, Flier, Grothues, Buijs, Steenbergen, De Kruijf and Schoot as starting players, keeping Pietersen, Plak, Sletjes, Dijkema and Belien as options.

And I was thinking where is Angelique Vergeer... Is she injured or out of Guido's plans? In the last 2 years she was considered one very good option for the future. ?(

Angelique Vergeer chose to decline the invitation this summer, for private reasons. Actually, she was the best OH in Dutch league, but she was not a really promising player.

P.S. Her name is Lonneke Sloetjes (not Sletjes) Sletjes means ' little sluts' in Dutch ;) :lol:

• Dutch NT will play this week two friendlies with Italy :win:

25-07, 20.30, Costa Volpino

26-07, 20.30, Jesolo

Roster:

Setters: Stoltenborg, Dijkema

Opp: Flier, Sloetjes, Pietersen

OH: Buijs, Plak, Grothues, Renkema

MB: De Kruijf, Steenbergen, Beliën

L: Schoot, Knip

According to Vermeulen, if there will be no accidents, this will be the roster for WGP :win:

http://www.volleybal.nl/volley…ames-oefenen-tegen-italie

• For starting six 4 players are safe:

Setter: Stoltenborg

MB: De Kruijf, Steenbergen

Libero: Schoot

OH and Opp is still uncertain...

My choice would be:

OH: Buijs and Plak, Opp: Flier

But I presume Vermeulen will choose Grothues in starting six because of her reception-strenght (though she is a weak attacker).

• No surprises... :D

• With a good setter and strong attacking MBs, reception is very important, so I'd agree with Vermeulen. Grothues won't be needed much in attack if the team receives well :win:

Has Sloetjes fully recovered from her shoulder injury?

• With a good setter and strong attacking MBs, reception is very important, so I'd agree with Vermeulen. Grothues won't be needed much in attack if the team receives well :win:

Has Sloetjes fully recovered from her shoulder injury?

About Grothues: I agree, of course...but I prefer to see strong attackers on court :super: :super: :D ;)

about Sloetjes: physically/medically she probably fully recovered..but she still lacks rhythm and power of course..

• About Grothues: I agree, of course...but I prefer to see strong attackers on court :super: :super: :D ;)

about Sloetjes: physically/medically she probably fully recovered..but she still lacks rhythm and power of course..

I have never watced Sloetjes and Pietersen as MB. Were they good at that position as well :teach: by the way will Wensink be out for ECh as well ;(