European League 2013

• I add Zhu Ting to the list. She's awesome! I'm in awe of her after Montreux. IMO she's currently the best of them.

I also liked her in Montreux but didn't she play as Opp ?(

• 1) Who are playing for Turkey this weekend? Senior team will play at the Mediterranean Games, right? Junior team is going to Czech Republic... What is the team? Will Polen, Cansu and Asuman stay?

2) The good news is that we'll have more broadcasts this week. :thumbup: Finally, Laola notice women's European League is quite quite quite quite quite quite quite quite more interesting than the men's one.

• the same roster of first leg except Büşra will play this weekend. Büşra will be replaced by Neşve. This team will participate in U23 World Championship.

• the same roster of first leg except Büşra will play this weekend. Büşra will be replaced by Neşve. This team will participate in U23 World Championship.

Shouldn't "U23" mean players born 1991 and younger? Asuman and Polen (and some others too I guess) are born 1990, so they are/will be 23 this year...

• I think players born in 1990 are allowed as both Asuman and Melis were born in 1990 and they were presented as the captains of U23 team :huh: (Melis is out of roster because of her injury)

• Returning on-topic, Beier, Izquierdo, Thomsen and Engelhardt were added to Germany's roster for this weekend on CEV site, so probably some of them will play this weekend. DVV should publish the 12 player roster later today or tomorrow.

• 1) Who are playing for Turkey this weekend? Senior team will play at the Mediterranean Games, right? Junior team is going to Czech Republic... What is the team? Will Polen, Cansu and Asuman stay?

2) The good news is that we'll have more broadcasts this week. :thumbup: Finally, Laola notice women's European League is quite quite quite quite quite quite quite quite more interesting than the men's one.

Polen and Büşra will be in Mediterrean Games. So roster will be;

S: KARAKOYUN Asuman - ALIKAYA Gamze

MB: BÜYÜKBAYRAM Nesve - YURTDAGÜLEN Özgenur - UYGUR Hazal Selin

OH: YILDIRIM Fatma - CETIN Cansu - GÜLER Birgül

OPP: YILMAZ Gözde - BILGE Dilara

L: ERSARI Serpil - KAYACAN Buse

• Finally, it's nice to see Izquierdo on the roster. She could be Maren's partner in starting six.

Hanke - Maggie - Chris - Berit - Brinker - Izquierdo (Engelhardt) - Dürr (L) :super:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

Thanks, guys! Polen is the best scorer (62) and the best spiker of first weekend. She had 40 balls (32%) in the first match, 24 (31%) in the second and 38 (34) in the last match. I guess Asuman will start to set with more variety now. Has this roster another hitter to play Polen's role at the first weekend? I never saw Dilara playing...

• Thanks, guys! Polen is the best scorer (62) and the best spiker of first weekend. She had 40 balls (32%) in the first match, 24 (31%) in the second and 38 (34) in the last match. I guess Asuman will start to set with more variety now. Has this roster another hitter to play Polen's role at the first weekend? I never saw Dilara playing...

Unfortunately not :thumbdown: Gözde Yılmaz was the Opp of 1990-91 generation in youth level (Polen was discovered in junior level) However Gözde couldn't show the development as much as expected. Dilara is a good hitter but unstable and she is making a lot of unforced errors, which makes her unreliable player. On the other hand, all three OHs are around 180 cm and not strong attackers. Cansu is a solid receiver so either she will receive with libero and let Gözde play as OH with Dilara as Opp or they should have Birgül with Cansu as OHs and try to score with MBs although non of them are scorer MBs :aww:

I will be very surprised if these roster would win either Romania or Bulgaria :whistle:

• Unfortunately not :thumbdown: Gözde Yılmaz was the Opp of 1990-91 generation in youth level (Polen was discovered in junior level) However Gözde couldn't show the development as much as expected. Dilara is a good hitter but unstable and she is making a lot of unforced errors, which makes her unreliable player. On the other hand, all three OHs are around 180 cm and not strong attackers. Cansu is a solid receiver so either she will receive with libero and let Gözde play as OH with Dilara as Opp or they should have Birgül with Cansu as OHs and try to score with MBs although non of them are scorer MBs :aww:

I will be very surprised if these roster would win either Romania or Bulgaria :whistle:

Then I'll try hard not creating great expectations and let these players surprise me. I liked more first option with Cansu, Gözde and Dilara.

• Not sure where to post it, but...

Helene Rousseaux ‏@helenerousseaux 41m
    tomorrow morning surgery #ingoodhands #willbeback #verysoon

Does anyone know something about this? Was there any news about Helene being injured or has it just came up recently, during EL matches?

• German NT roster for european league in serbia

Hanke,weiss
    Fürst,kauffeldt,brandt
    Brinker,engelhardt,izquierdo,beier
    Kozuch,hippe
    Thomsen

Im glad there is no useless players,maybe there would be poll instead of beier but her reception is better and i thought dürr as main libero.Anyway this roster should win all the matches of this week :teach:

And an unexpected news guidetti says no more burchardt,dörendahl and a big surprise matthes for this season :roll:

• Not sure where to post it, but...

Helene Rousseaux ‏@helenerousseaux 41m
    tomorrow morning surgery #ingoodhands #willbeback #verysoon

Does anyone know something about this? Was there any news about Helene being injured or has it just came up recently, during EL matches?

Last week during EL matches she was still healthy and played all matches full time...but I see on her Twitter that on Wednesday she posted a photo with ice on her knee :S

About Germany, I'm VERY happy about Guidetti's choices :dance6: Matthes showed everyone how she plays in Montreux and first weekend of EL, Burchardt showed it all season in German league, and Dörendahl is good but not as good as Dürr and Thomsen.
    I hope Izquierdo will make a good start in NT this weekend :super:

• Belgian roster:
    S: Jasmien Biebauw, Ilka Van de Vyver
    MB: Angie Bland, Gwendoline Horemans, Freya Aelbrecht
    OH/OPP: Charlotte Leys, Lise Van Hecke, Lore Gillis, Els Vandesteene, Nina Coolman, Kaja Grobelna
    Libero: Valerie Courtois

Dirickx is on honeymoon, Rousseaux has a knee injury (no details on Belgian site about it though).