2013 FIVB Junior World Championship - Czech Republic - 21/06

• Don't forget that this roster is missing Xu Ruoya and Tang Ningya, who were even better than Zhu Ting in youth WCh :white: CHN has already very young A team, with addition of these youngster they can play 3 OG with same roster :box:

Well, to be honest I didn't know this Chinese team before Montreux ;)

Obviously Zhu Ting stands out, but the whole team is very good. The setter, the libero and both MBs could be starters in many adult NTs, only the Opp and the 2nd OH are a bit weaker but also their level is very high!

• Just out of interest, what about Serbia's celebrations is annoying for you? (serious question)

And about Brazil, for me the Junior team is even 100x worse that the adults ;) Only Gabi is "normal" to me...but I also find the eternal screaming of China's players really distracting...probably in the end it comes down to cultural differences.

I think Serbians clapping their hands almost all the time when someone goes serving is pretty annoying to me. But as you said, it´s just cultural differences...

• And the tournament ends on a lift call. That referee has no feeling, of course it was correct, but at 24:15 you needn't call that :roll:

Congrats to China, impressive tournament for them and I'm looking forward to see many of their players in Senior NT soon :super:

• China were just really strong...they deserve it...I felt sad when i saw the japanese started to cry after their defeat...2nd place still something to be proud of JAPAN team...:) :flower:

• I'll try to explain...first of all, Brazilian team is very good and has many talented players, but the problem I (and some others) have is their attitude and behaviour on court. They score a simple point, let's say reception-set-attack, something that happens at least 50 times every match, but they celebrate it as if they'd just made a great play, 6 players dance and jump around the court, come together in their circle for ages and so on. I can understand celebrating a spectacular point like that, but it really gets annoying when a team acts like that after EVERY point...

• yeah cultural differnces :roll: i actually don't have a problem with brailian screaming they are just enjoying their lives :super:

• Can Zhu Ting replace Hui or Wang Yimei? Or if she will play as Opp.

Wang Yimei is injured now.
    Lang Ping need two receivers, while she chooses Hui and Yin Na.
    You can think Zhu equals young Wang but I hope her receive can be better.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• The most promissing players of this generation:

China: Zhu Ting (obviously);
    Japan: I liked Aya Horie and Arisa Inoue;
    Brazil: Gabi is the biggest star, but Valquíria, Rosamaria and Sara can be there;
    Italy: Perinelli and Chirichella are the obvious choices. Bonifacio and Nicoletti too, but they are from Youth team and have some more steps to go;
    Turkey: The MBs, especially Kubra Akman and OP Ceyda Aktas. Damla is good too;
    Russia: Ksenia Ilchenko and Voronkova are really good. But Russia showed some good MB in Fetisova, Makarchuk and Luneva;
    Serbia: Bianka Busa, Natasa Cikiriz(despite not playing), Boskovic and setter Sladjana are really good. I liked teh MBs as well, but I think there´s too much of good middles in Adult team; :D
    Dom Rep: Brayelin will be a great star, also Gaila Gonzales. Both of them will shine for sure in YWCH;

Others to be mentioned are Angela Leyva (Peru), Todorova and Dimitrova(Bulgaria), Bricio and Isiorda (Mexico)

• I hope Zhu can try the Opp position.

For those who were able to watch Japan live, are there Kimura-likes in the team? Or there are no outstanding Japanese youngster.

• I hope Zhu can try the Opp position.

For those who were able to watch Japan live, are there Kimura-likes in the team? Or there are no outstanding Japanese youngster.

There are some good japanese players like Aya Horie,Arisa Inoue and Sakura Doi who played well i think...Sarina Koga from the Japan youth team is for me is the Saori Kimura like...she's 16 yrs old. and already in the Japan Main Team... :drink:

• Zhu Ting was awarded MVP of the tournament. As for the other awards, they were a little different than usual, the best team (7 players) was chosen:

Setter: Sladjana Mirkovic (SRB)
    Opp: Ceyda Aktas (TUR)
    OH: Gabi (BRA) and Zhu Ting (CHN)
    MB: Valquiria (BRA) and Irina Fetisova (RUS)
    L: Manami Kojima (JPN)

http://www.fivb.org/visasp/ShowImage.aspx?No=201251822

For me, Bulgarian MB Mira Todorova was the best on her position in this tournament, maybe she wasn't chosen because the team finished only 9th...

• I must say I really don't like this competition formula. I mean some team places are very unreal, like e.g Italy in front of Turkey, Russia and Serbia. I really don't think they are better team then any other of mentioned. And the thing with putting all African teams in one group so they can pass and some other teams can have weak opponent in 1/16 final.
    It turned out two teams from our group were in final just like two years ago in JWCH in Peru.

As for us, the result is not great but that isn't that important. We hadn't played our best tournament, we were not prepared enough. Again, there are some couch decisions that I didn't like. This generation is better than their place on JWCH shows and there are some talented girls who can contribute to our senior NT, maybe not now but in the future yes.

• Exaggerations Brazilian, palms Serb, Chinese races, screams Japanese, Russian coldness, seen Cubans. It is a cultural form of each, is one of the graces in volleyball.

• Exaggerations Brazilian, palms Serb, Chinese races, screams Japanese, Russian coldness, seen Cubans. It is a cultural form of each, is one of the graces in volleyball.

And still it shouldn't go over the top. We have already seen the real fistfights with some of exaggerating teams in the past. These scenes don't make the game better. Emotions of one team should not be aimed to distract the other. This behaviour should be punished not applauded. It's not the question of culture, it's a question of respect.