2013 FIVB U23 World Championship - Mexico - 05/10

• Brazil NT

S: Ju Carrijo (Banana Boat/Praia Clube), Pri Heldes (Vôlei Amil)
    MB: Francynne (SESI-SP), Larissa (Molico/Nestlé), Mara (E.C. Pinheiros), Valquiria (Minas T.C.)
    OH: Carla (Minas T.C.), Ellen Braga (E.C. Pinheiros), Gabi (Molico/Nestlé), Isabela Paquiardi (Banana Boat/Praia Clube), Rosamaria (Vôlei Amil), Sonaly (ADC Bradesco)
    Opp: Glauciele (E.C. Pinheiros), Sthefanie Tiele (Minas T.C.)
    L: Dani Terra (Molico/Nestlé), Ju Paes (SESI-SP)

Coach: Cláudio Pinheiro (Vôlei Amil)

http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/selecao/aviso.asp?aviso=243

• Turkey's roster:

S: Gamze Alikaya(1993), Ezgi Dilik(1995), Kübra Kegan(1995)
    MB: Dicle Nur Babat(1992), Özgenur Yurtdagülen(1993), Ceylan Arısan(1994), Aslı Kalaç(1995)
    Opp: Gözde Yılmaz(1991) Ceren Kestirengöz(also OH, 1993)
    OH: Ezgi Arslan Güç(1992), Ezgi Dağdelenler(1993), Cansu Çetin(1993), Şeyma Ercan(1994)
    L: Hatice Gizem Örge(1993), Dilara Bağcı(1994)

it seems by their performances, either Ezgi Dilik or Kübra Kegan will be cut from the team. I like Kübra but I think the coach will choose Ezgi. :)

• U-23 Turkey NT has started preparations for the championship.Team roster:

S: Gamze Alikaya, Ezgi Dilik, Kübra Kegan
    M: Dicle Nur Babat, Aslı Kalaç, Ceylan Arısan, Özgenur Yurtdagülen
    OH: Ezgi Dağdelenler, Şeyma Ercan, Ezgi Arslan, Cansu Çetin
    OPP: Gözde Yılmaz, Ceren Kestirengöz
    L: Dilara Bağcı, Hatice Gizem Örge

Surprised not to see Çağla Akın, Kübra Akman, Ceyda Aktaş and Serpil Ersarı. However it seems a good roster overall. My starting lineup:

Gamze-Ceren, Ezgi D. - Şeyma, Aslı-Özge, Dilara.

• hehehe no need for it :) I think Çağla and Kübra are out because they will be in World Club Championships :)

Yeah, it can be the reason. Kübra won't be needed that much but Çağla would be an important player if she was choosen. By the way I think the strongest position in the team is: Middle blocker position :lol: I really want to see Özgenur,Aslı,Ceylan,Kübra in senior NT next year.

• Where's Damla? :white: why she's not in the roster?

• Where's Damla? :white: why she's not in the roster?

Damla is not good enough for senior level unfortunately. Indeed her destiny will be Sarah' Petrausch's, who is MVP of Junior WCH of 1990-91 generation :S It is funny that Neşve Büyükbayram who is currently a second division level player, was also best blocker of that tournament :aww:

• Damla is not good enough for senior level unfortunately. Indeed her destiny will be Sarah' Petrausch's, who is MVP of Junior WCH of 1990-91 generation :S It is funny that Neşve Büyükbayram who is currently a second division level player, was also best blocker of that tournament :aww:

Oh. Pity... :S
    But it will be good to see Ceren. She was very good when she played at YWCH2009. I remember her... great attacker

• I have the feeling that only Italy is going to bring its best under23 players at this tournament... Diouf, C.Bosetti, Camera, Gennari, Folie and Chirichella will be there.. also Dominican roster looks very interesting. On the other hand Brazilian roster looks quite weak without Gabi Guimaraes, and China without Zhu Ting.. such a pity :S

• Lots of posts missing here :white:

According to our fed, Germany will probably go to this tournament with Junior NT (I assume 94/95)...but I think this is difficult because Nele Barber and Melanie Keil are already studying in USA, Magdalena Gryka plays in Poland, Geerties and Izquierdo spent the whole summer with Senior NT so their clubs probably wouldn't be happy to let them go again so short before the season...

• Now rosters are available on fivb just by clicking on team ^^

One of favourites seems to be Dominican Republic, they registered the strongest available roster:
    Setters: Camil Dominguez ('91), Celenia Toribio ('94), Yokaty Perez ('98]
    Opposites: Jeoselina Rodriguez ('91), Brayelin Martinez (also OH) (96), Galia Gonzalez ('97)
    Outside Hitters: Yonkaira Pena ('93), Erasma Moreno ('91), Pamela Soriano ('95), Natalia Martinez (also OPP) ('00), Yeniffer Ramirez ('93) (though she's listed as setter)
    Middle Blockers: Lisvel Eve-Catillo (also OH) ('91), Candida Arias ('92), Marianne Fersola ('92), Jineiry Martinez ('97), Massiel Matos ('98]
    Liberos: Brenda Castillo ('92), Ana Binet ('92), Winifer Fernandez ('95)

I suppose that final 14 will be this:
    S: Dominguez, Toribio
    OPP: Rodriguez, B. Martinez
    OH: Pena, Binet (server/receiver/defender), Moreno, Soriano, Ramirez/N.Martinez
    MB: Arias, Fersola, J. Martinez
    L: Castillo, Fernandez

I wonder in how shape is Eve and when she'll be ready to play.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

Edited once, last by kondzio ().

• 21 point rule to be tested at U23 World Champs

Seeking ways to modernise the sport of volleyball, the International Volleyball Federation (FIVB) will test two rules during the FIVB Volleyball U23 World Championships Open.

The two rules being tested will see A) sets played to 21 points instead of the customary 25 and B) an interval of 15 seconds between the referee’s whistle and the serve.

To win a set (except the deciding fifth set, which remains unchanged) is won by the team which first scores 21 points with a minimum lead of two points. In the case of a 20-20 tie, play is continued until a two-point lead is achieved.

The subsequent change to the time outs sees one 60-second “Technical Time-Out” applied automatically when the leading team reaches the 12th point as opposed to two previously when the leading team reached the 8th or 16th point.

The rule changes are being tested at the FIVB Volleyball U23 World Championships Open, which take place in Tijuana, Mexico for women from October 5 to 12 and in Uberlandia, Brazil for men from October 6 to 14, with an eye to modernising volleyball and making it more appealing for fans both onsite and through television.

via @FIVB

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• I think that Brayelin will play as outside hitter :)

• I think that Brayelin will play as outside hitter :)

Of course it's really possible here, because Brayelin in Junior and Youth competitions is playing as OH ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Finally, German roster: http://www.fivb.org/EN/volleyb…n/2013/Teams.asp?Team=GER

S: Imoudu, Kemmsies
    OPP: Aulenbrock, Gründing (also OH)
    OH: Geerties, Schwabe, Radzuweit, Ossowski (also L)
    MB: Schäperklaus, Schwertmann, Silge
    L: Pogany

Very weak team...it looks like Schwerin and Dresden weren't willing to let some of their players go for the tournament because the teams will face each other in the 1st match of German league on 16 October. Otherwise, players like Hippe, Völker, Joachim, Izquierdo, Langgemach, Stock should be there.
    I hope Irina Kemmsies will be 1st setter, even though she is younger than Imoudu and less experienced, she is definitely more talented. Other starters should be Aulenbrock, Geerties and Schäperklaus, 2nd OH and 2nd MB will be interesting. I'm also not sure if Pogany or Ossowski will play as L, this summer in JNT it was Ossowski.

• German team will have 2 :!: days of preparation for the tournament :white: :aww: They meet on 30 September in Vilsbiburg and fly to Mexico on 2 October. In my opinion this tournament is just a waste of money and I really don't understand why DVV agreed to play there. The coach says that it's a chance for players who can make it to NT in near future, but I think this tournament won't help them at all...
    Jennifer Geerties will be team captain.