2013 / 2014 Transfer News

• Logan Tom is a player like Del Core: good receiver,so-so attacker against good teams.

I don't want to be rude, but Logan is much better than Del Core...

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Logan Tom is a player like Del Core: good receiver,so-so attacker against good teams.

She was the only good attacker for her NT in the last 2 olympic finals against brasilian NT.

BTW she's still for sure better than Del Core. I'm happy for Lina's sign in Dinamo Kazan anyway. :lol:

• She was the only good attacker for her NT in the last 2 olympic finals against brasilian NT.

BTW she's still for sure better than Del Core. I'm happy for Lina's sign in Dinamo Kazan anyway. :lol:

Why do you call her Lina? AHAHAH

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• He didn't say she was a better server or defender. He said she's solid in reception and that's a fact. Aury Cruz is among the best receivers in the world, I'd say better than Tom. Tom's a better all-around player though.

No he said he preferred Cruz than Logan, I just explained why is Logan more useful in any case.. And Cruz is not better receiver than Tom, in fact I can't think of many OH who are better than her in that skill

Since I follow volleyball I hear a lot of brazilian users in brazilian blogs calling Jaqueline Jaquetoco (toco is a pejorative word to say blocked!), saying she's a so-so attacker and she always fails against strong opponents at the most crucial moments of the match.
    I watched her playing against United States during the Olympic Games and she was the most reliable brazilian spiker that final. I can't see a harder opponent than USA at London and I can't imagine a more important match for a volleyball player than a olympic final and she was our best spiker at crucial moments.
    I think Jaqueline and Logan Tom are all-around players which means they have to gather a lot of skills at the same match. They can't concentrate all their game in attack like Montaño, Hooker, etc. All people expect they will serve, block, receive and dig as well. It doesn't mean they can't spike very well too. Jaqueline example is very clear to me. They are busy players, they have a lot to do. If they concentrate their trainings and moves in attack they could be one of the greatest spikers in the world. They have a good technique. But I don't think their coaches want to do it.
    Good teams usually have good serve, attack, block and defensive system. For instance, when Jaqueline plays against USA she must receive Logan and Larson serves, dig Hooker and Akirandewo spikes, attack against Akirandewo and Harmotto, Logan and Larson block-defensive system.:roll: It's difficult to think that after all this she will be the most reliable spiker of the team. Nonetheless she has a very important role to the team. She and Logan are responsible to keep the high level of their teams. If the most reliable spikers aren't playing well they could assume this responsible for a while like Jaqueline at the olympic final, but this role is for other players that can concentrate more doing this. I think isn't good call them so-so attackers. If you have Hooker in the team and Hooker stop to score why blame Logan? She isn't responsible to lead USA in attack. :win:

• anyone knows whats with Sanja Starovic? because I`m wondering if Kasia and Rachel will be 2 Opp or one of them will be OH if Sanja stay?

• anyone knows whats with Sanja Starovic? because I`m wondering if Kasia and Rachel will be 2 Opp or one of them will be OH if Sanja stay?

I don't think Sanja leaving is the reason they hired both Kasia and Rachel.. I suppose Rachel will play as OH and they'll hire another good receiver OH if Cruz stays, maybe another don't know. IMO that's the only reason for hiring 2 very good opposites..

• Since I follow volleyball I hear a lot of brazilian users in brazilian blogs calling Jaqueline Jaquetoco (toco is a pejorative word to say blocked!), saying she's a so-so attacker and she always fails against strong opponents at the most crucial moments of the match.
    I watched her playing against United States during the Olympic Games and she was the most reliable brazilian spiker that final. I can't see a harder opponent than USA at London and I can't imagine a more important match for a volleyball player than a olympic final and she was our best spiker at crucial moments.
    I think Jaqueline and Logan Tom are all-around players which means they have to gather a lot of skills at the same match. They can't concentrate all their game in attack like Montaño, Hooker, etc. All people expect they will serve, block, receive and dig as well. It doesn't mean they can't spike very well too. Jaqueline example is very clear to me. They are busy players, they have a lot to do. If they concentrate their trainings and moves in attack they could be one of the greatest spikers in the world. They have a good technique. But I don't think their coaches want to do it.
    Good teams usually have good serve, attack, block and defensive system. For instance, when Jaqueline plays against USA she must receive Logan and Larson serves, dig Hooker and Akirandewo spikes, attack against Akirandewo and Harmotto, Logan and Larson block-defensive system.:roll: It's difficult to think that after all this she will be the most reliable spiker of the team. Nonetheless she has a very important role to the team. She and Logan are responsible to keep the high level of their teams. If the most reliable spikers aren't playing well they could assume this responsible for a while like Jaqueline at the olympic final, but this role is for other players that can concentrate more doing this. I think isn't good call them so-so attackers. If you have Hooker in the team and Hooker stop to score why blame Logan? She isn't responsible to lead USA in attack. :win:

Jaque's amazing attacking numbers and Dani's sets off the net were the reasons why USA lost IMO. Whenever Brazl played Jaque was never the leading attacker so USA never paid attention to her. In the final she had amazin numbers 68% or smth. like that can't remember. I like her attacks I never thought she was a weak attacker.. I would say smart cause she does not hit that smart like for ex. Logan but she is a good attacker. And Logan in the final once again in a important match showed that she's the leader although she's not the scorer anymore. When everyone stopped scoring she started and she had 14 points I think.. She also did that once in the WGP 2011 final aginst Brazil she played great when they needed her.. so Logan is still the best all around OH for me.. I like Jaque very much too, she has a great energy :heart:

• Cuban OH, Yumilka Ruiz, renewed her contract for another season with Uralochka.

Source: Sport Express

Nantes Volley signed another American MB, Sherri Williams.

Source: Nantes Homepage

• Spanish OH, Jessica Rivero, signed a 1-year contract with Telecom Baku.

Source: APASPORT

• How is Rabit's squad so far?
    Skorupa, Rourke, Akinradewo, Cruz, Krsmanovic, Castillo, Starovic, Zhukova and Skowronska? Do I miss somebody else?

Skowronska will easily adapt Azeri culture and the team unity since her setter is Skorupa and she already knows some players of the team...

Krsmanovic, Castillo, Starovic, and Zhukova have not renewed contracts yet, at least not according to media.

• I read that Krsmanovic extended her contract a while ago.

Source? On APASPORT they list all the players currently signed to Rabita and she's not mentioned.

• OOOOOOOHHHHH Jessica what did you do :aww: This is NOT the right step for her career :S

I think it depends on the type of team they put together. The Spanish League's level was VERY low last season. With all of the problems that the Azeri League may present I think it's a far better step in terms of development than if she were to spend another year in Spain.